Coops and Bunn at Moorlands Fishery.... Wow!!

coops_northants

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gazza the pictures were on a cheapy Kodak C875 To be honest it always takes good pictures great value piece of gear.

Lewis that picture of some feature finding would be giving the game away.... I didnt know you did that. My rods look like they were set with a spitit level in that pic too. :D

Nige, It was a shame that you were not there mate. If anything could have made the week better it would have been your company. We missed you mate. Anyway if you have any free time early next year then let me know as i want to go back early either april 10th or may 15th. Might even go for my birthday too if i can. I have a couple of mates who fancy it for april/ may time 7 of us makes it £430 for the week and i have room in the van. :D:D

You know that Sam. I did have to replace the receiver batteries funnily enough. :D:D I had 28 runs (fish on) in total on my rods. 18 of them off the baited spot. :D:D Blooming right shoulder is swollen :lol::lol:

One fish that Lewis played gave him a dead arm.... one i played gave me pins and needles in my hand. Proper scrappers. 8)

Gazza the pictures were on a cheapy Kodak C875 To be honest it always takes good pictures great value piece of gear.

Lewis that picture of some feature finding would be giving the game away.... I didnt know you did that. My rods look like they were set with a spitit level in that pic too. :D

Nige, It was a shame that you were not there mate. If anything could have made the week better it would have been your company. We missed you mate. Anyway if you have any free time early next year then let me know as i want to go back early either april 10th or may 15th. Might even go for my birthday too if i can. I have a couple of mates who fancy it for april/ may time 7 of us makes it £430 for the week and i have room in the van. :D:D

I think i should be free around those dates :wink::wink::wink::P

Looks like you had a great time, wish i could of made it.

• 7 months later...

Got home last night, after a fantastic week with a great bunch of lads. Unfortunately the weeks fishing was a quiet one wiith regards to numbers of fish coming out, but made up for in the way of new PB's set for all five of our group, including Jamies half linear just short of 47lb, my common making the new lake record at 44.14 and Dans (plowman) mid 30!

For the week there were I think around 25 fish out between ten anglers. Our thoughts about them getting ready to spawn were confirmed today after hearing that they started thrashing the water to a foam shortly after we left. There was also an incredible amount of natural food swimming about, so much so that the water visibility was reduced by a few feet! The carp were swimming around in protein soup, therefore eating without knowing it :lol: It has helped for some phenomenal weight gains.

My ten fish, made up of 6 carp and 4 cats, all came to a snowman set up comprising of a 14mm Infinity baits C&BP boilie, tipped with a fluro pink technipop. The rigs were 8inch combi rigs, size 6 wide gape hooks with a small section of shrink tube, and hairs with a gap of around 1cm from the bend of the hook to the bait, fished blow back style. I was using leads of 1oz fished with running leads and ultra slack lines, and the takes were absolute belters!

The majority of my fish, I believe, were curiosity takes thanks to the bright tip, rather than fishing over beds of boilies, as the majority of them were away from my baited patch.

Thanks to keith and the girls for another great week, and the boys for plenty more laughs and banter :D

We shall get some photos up shortly.

fishing was very slow over the week and sometimes mind-blowing, this was difficult although made allot easier by the company i was with, thanks to Jamie,lewis,martin, Tony and the brummmmmieeee lads for making it a great experience oh and Garrrrry!!!!!! dont ask. :lol::roll:

• 2 weeks later...

A few pics of the venue and the fish I had from our week in May, I'm sure the other boys will add some of theirs too :D

The weeks bait..

France2010002.jpg

Did we forget something?

France2010007.jpg

France2010008.jpg

My little slice of heaven

France2010037.jpg

France2010027.jpg

France2010023.jpg

First fish of the week, cat at 58

France2010014.jpg

First Carp and a new PB for France and setting the lake record common at 44.14 known as 'The Pipe Smoker'

PipeSmoker.jpg

Pipesmoker4.jpg

PipeSmoker2.jpg

24 Night time Cat

France2010021.jpg

32 Common

France2010029.jpg

28.4 Mirror

France2010033.jpg

France2010036.jpg

31 Common

France2010040.jpg

26.12 Mirror

France2010041.jpg

France2010046.jpg

45 Cat

France2010076.jpg

34.12 Common

France2010081.jpg

France2010084.jpg

France2010085.jpg

And one more Cat of 28.8...but I'll hold that photo back :lol:

A few other shots from the week..

France2010087.jpg

France2010091.jpg

France2010055.jpg

France2010074.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Nice pics lewis, i have a couple but of shots but no really good ones like tony getting a bucket of water over his head for a PB.

31lb common

birthmark.jpg

24lb mirror off the heavy baited spot 5kg pellet 5kg boilies

24.jpg

the half linear caught off the heavy baited spot 5kg pellet and 5kg boilies (topped up again) 46lb 10oz

HALLINEAR.jpg

HL1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

i spent the rest of that day drinking lager then the next morning caught this 33lb mirror

33LBMIRROR.jpg

then i blanked for a couple of days and on the last morning caught this 34lb common

CT.jpg

CHOPPEDTAIL.jpg

Picture043.jpg

untill next time au revoir.