July Catch Reports

B B

Had a afternoon session on a general fishery with my mate, he picked me up from work and sort of kidnapped me   😇

I used his gear fishing off the top with floaters but they wasn’t interested one bit ..orrr so I thought  🤔

I found a floating feeder in his bag and mixed up some ground bait on the dry ish side, a small pebble inserted to give it a bit more weight and plugged off with the ground bait with a 12” hook length … and had 5 carp on the trot 😳 

Heres a pic of his feeder  or his mrs feeder …looks like he got it from a Ann Summers catalogue

Korum got a small floating feeder I might give it a go when I’m at linear at the end of the month 

5b741c87-1bcf-4a72-9719-63e922f79970.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0536.png

On 13/07/2024 at 23:55, B B said:

Had a afternoon session on a general fishery with my mate, he picked me up from work and sort of kidnapped me   😇

I used his gear fishing off the top with floaters but they wasn’t interested one bit ..orrr so I thought  🤔

I found a floating feeder in his bag and mixed up some ground bait on the dry ish side, a small pebble inserted to give it a bit more weight and plugged off with the ground bait with a 12” hook length … and had 5 carp on the trot 😳 

Heres a pic of his feeder  or his mrs feeder …looks like he got it from a Ann Summers catalogue

Korum got a small floating feeder I might give it a go when I’m at linear at the end of the month 

5b741c87-1bcf-4a72-9719-63e922f79970.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0536.png

Great idea that well done BB, 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2024 at 17:11, B B said:

A PB and one off the bucket list with a 12lb 12oz Bream and it was a a privilege to see one finally, had it on the carp gear which was a pity. 

Linear has been good to me over the years with the 3 Roach over 2lb in a mad 30mins spell,, Common Carp 46lb and now the Bream. 

IMG_7586.jpeg

It was catching big bream on carp gear that made me switch to gear more suited to them, and I landed a couple of doubles.

12lb is special.