New purchases

B B

On 15/12/2023 at 11:16, Highy said:

Got off a mate....

Sonik AXS Bivvy System & Overwrap

Screenshot_20231215_105616_eBay.thumb.jpg.80530bffa7e31dbdd4a1e3f0193c3abd.jpg

and 5kg Sticky Krill 

Screenshot_20231215_111411_eBay.thumb.jpg.b2f0893e0c23f29c99763cf13078f393.jpg

Just looked at the Bivvy off my mate, and I forgot he got 1 of the 1st edition AXS bivvys......

when we were out on a session I noticed his Bivvy was alot lighter khaki green than mine, also he had no flaps over the rear zip windows, so we emailed sonik and didn't think nothing of it.....UNTIL

He gave me a box and it had in a full new AXS Bivvy System, without the frame, Skin, Panel, Door, Groundsheet the lot....

So now I've got a Sonik AXS Bivvy, with 2 skins to choose from, 2 lots of everything except Storm poles, and an overwrap.....if only I could get hold of an AXS frame I'd have 2 AXS bivvys.

Your family can struggle to buy for most people at Christmas and I've had some horrendous "angling" presents over the years I've had to graciously accept and retire without even using them! My daughter bought me this Portwest beanie hat a few Christmas's ago and it solved the age old problem of sleeping with a head torch on your forehead or round your neck which are both uncomfortable. The latest versions have a removable light which means it can be washed and is also easily USB rechargeable which means you can charge it on the bank with a power bank. It's plenty good enough for landing a fish and then you can get the head torch out when the fish is landed.

This years she bought me some LED gloves from Temu. At first I wasn't quite sure and I haven't used them properly yet but can see they could be useful. They only fit on the thumb and first finger and a strap fits around the wrist and attaches with velcro. They are quite stretchy and will fit over a conventional pair of gloves if the weather is cold.

Beanie-Hat.jpg

LED Gloves.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Golden Paws said:

beanie hat, The latest versions have a removable light which means it can be washed and is also easily USB rechargeable which means you can charge it on the bank with a power bank. It's plenty good enough for landing a fish and then you can get the head torch out when the fish is landed.

Beanie-Hat.jpg

I also have 1 these as a spare in my bag, quite warm to also.

On 23/12/2023 at 12:58, Highy said:

Just looked at the Bivvy off my mate, and I forgot he got 1 of the 1st edition AXS bivvys......

when we were out on a session I noticed his Bivvy was alot lighter khaki green than mine, also he had no flaps over the rear zip windows, so we emailed sonik and didn't think nothing of it.....UNTIL

He gave me a box and it had in a full new AXS Bivvy System, without the frame, Skin, Panel, Door, Groundsheet the lot....

So now I've got a Sonik AXS Bivvy, with 2 skins to choose from, 2 lots of everything except Storm poles, and an overwrap.....if only I could get hold of an AXS frame I'd have 2 AXS bivvys.

If you don't need any of the spares let me know I'll do a deal with you 👍

For Xmas I got a couple of pressies 

Ridgemonkey throwing stick 

Korda bait caddy 

Hope you all had a great Christmas 

I went in the garage to find a mouse has destroyed part of my coolbag, including the zip and insulation , so that's [censored]ed 

I looked at all the options and thought none of the top fishing ones really did the job I wanted which was house all the stove, gas, brew kit and toastie maker in the pockets and have enough space for food and drinks etc most seem to want you to have a seperate brew kit or don't allow all the options, so after much deliberation I saved some money and I've bought another ngt one for £20, the last one I had lasted years fitted all the brew kit in the external pockets leaving the big section free for food and drink, I've gone posh this time and gone camo 😂 

shopping.jpeg.bb604bbab4c13dc5b167217323ef8d79.jpeg

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I went in the garage to find a mouse has destroyed part of my coolbag, including the zip and insulation , so that's [censored]ed 

I looked at all the options and thought none of the top fishing ones really did the job I wanted which was house all the stove, gas, brew kit and toastie maker in the pockets and have enough space for food and drinks etc most seem to want you to have a seperate brew kit or don't allow all the options, so after much deliberation I saved some money and I've bought another ngt one for £20, the last one I had lasted years fitted all the brew kit in the external pockets leaving the big section free for food and drink, I've gone posh this time and gone camo 😂 

I would go on a limb and say some of the NGT luggage is up there withbthe best....I've had the Small, Medium & Large Holdalls, Buzz Bar bag and never had 1 fault with any of them.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

i have had one like this for a few years and for a while it was my gear bag but i upgraded to some massive rucksack thing (still not convinced) and kept this and do the same as you. i holds my cooking stuff and food etc, also having it all in one bag when i am on the road over winter i stick it in the back of the car with a sleeping bag incase i get stuck somewhere. have used it like that once last year when stuck on M11 but does make life easier if i want to take stuff with me to cook on a session as all in one place

5 hours ago, Highy said:

I would go on a limb and say some of the NGT luggage is up there withbthe best....I've had the Small, Medium & Large Holdalls, Buzz Bar bag and never had 1 fault with any of them.

I've had a few luggage bits that seem to do the job well, I couldn't find anything else that I thought would be better this time, I think I am going through a reorganising phase again. 

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've had a few luggage bits that seem to do the job well, I couldn't find anything else that I thought would be better this time, I think I am going through a reorganising phase again. 

I do that, go through a reorganise phase, then go back to what I did previously as I found what I did previously worked best for me.

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I do that, go through a reorganise phase, then go back to what I did previously as I found what I did previously worked best for me.

I'm dreading going through all mine 🫣🫣, I've added n added past few months I've not been. 

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Thats kind of what I've done gone back to a bag that works for me, I am tempted to have a year just fishing boilies to reduce buckets 😂

On 29/12/2023 at 13:14, elmoputney said:

Thats kind of what I've done gone back to a bag that works for me, I am tempted to have a year just fishing boilies to reduce buckets 😂

Reduce buckets!

Please!

Bird food bucket, groundbait bucket, dog food bucket, toilet bucket and PVA mix bucket.

My passenger footwell has that many buckets in.

I'm thinking the same about going back to just boilies, but the particle and groundbait tend to get the fish and birds keeping spots clear, although I could do without the birdlife...

I think Nazeing is the last water I fished just boilies on, and I didn’t do too bad, but waters since then have not lent themselves to only boilies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2023 at 08:26, elmoputney said:

No worries, I wouldn't mind a front panel and a groundsheet off you possibly 👍

On 27/12/2023 at 08:23, Highy said:

2 Bivvy Bags, 2 Door/Full Panels.

Hi Elmo,

Just had a quick look at the Bivvy, 

There's -

2 Zip Bivvy Bags, 2 Full Skins, 2 Full Fronts with all Doors, but Only 1 Groundsheet. 

So (eventually) i will swap the older Bivvy Skin and Full front for the New Skin and Front, so there will be a Spare Skin, Full Front and Bivvy Bag.

Ooooo and also found these in the Bivvy wrapped up.

Screenshot_20240108_093953_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2eea60658d3c74c166fc0fcb828c7e0e.jpg

Should I be a good mate and let him know ? Or should I think they were in the Bundle 🤔🤔🤔🫣🫣🫣

Edited by Highy

51 minutes ago, Highy said:

Hi Elmo,

There's -

2 Zip Bivvy Bags, 2 Full Skins, 2 Full Fronts with all Doors, but Only 1 Groundsheet. 

So (eventually) i will swap the older Bivvy Skin and Full front for the New Skin and Front, so there will be a Spare Skin, Full Front and Bivvy Bag.

Screenshot_20240108_093953_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2eea60658d3c74c166fc0fcb828c7e0e.jpg

Should I be a good mate and let him know ? Or should I think they were in the Bundle 🤔🤔🤔🫣🫣🫣

I would probably be a good mate, as you never know when you need one. But would he return them to you? 

You have PM thanks 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Hi Elmo,

There's -

On 15/12/2023 at 11:16, Highy said:

Got off a mate....

Sonik AXS Bivvy System & Overwrap

Screenshot_20231215_105616_eBay.thumb.jpg.80530bffa7e31dbdd4a1e3f0193c3abd.jpg

and 5kg Sticky Krill 

Screenshot_20231215_111411_eBay.thumb.jpg.b2f0893e0c23f29c99763cf13078f393.jpg

Don't think Sonik ever told any 1 about this, but they Cyamge there material on then1st edition bivvys,  that's why I've ended up with 2 skins for the bivvy i got off a mate.

He bought his the week they came out.

Screenshot_20240108_104503_YouTube.thumb.jpg.27d08fbce5b722341680b4e88caac4be.jpg

The rear windows had no cover when rolled up.

When I got mine I noticed it.

Screenshot_20240108_104739_YouTube.thumb.jpg.e776ca89a18c8cbbb8cb47b9476f314f.jpg

So I contacted sonik and the sent him a full new Bivvy System Skin.