Anyone else winter fishing

Jordz611

20 hours ago, finchey said:

I might be doing 24hrs on Saturday till Sunday myself. My wife finally starts her treatment tomorrow for 3 days this week, so it all depends on how she's feeling, if she's not too good I won't go. So I might see you Saturday morning. 🙂👍

Best wishes to your wife mate, fingers crossed it all goes well. 

I haven’t been out carping for months! Got waylaid with bass fishing, which led into a winter season off the beaches. Hoping to do a day session after a few carp in a week or two. 

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

Best wishes to your wife mate, fingers crossed it all goes well. 

I haven’t been out carping for months! Got waylaid with bass fishing, which led into a winter season off the beaches. Hoping to do a day session after a few carp in a week or two. 

Cheers buddy 🙂👍

You can't beat being on the beaches mate, I used to love my shore fishing but the travelling got a bit to much for me.

4 minutes ago, crusian said:

Any real Carp to go with your real coffee , Nick ?  😁.

I don't know how you chaps do it , I don't want to go day fishing at the moment let alone night fishing 🥶.

I wish on a carp!

Once the shelter is built then it is easy to keep warm, dry and out of the wind. I think this winter is the most I have set the bivvy or brolly up before getting the rods out, usually I get the rods out first before the bivvy in case I spot a fish and want to move. Putting the bivvy up almost tethers you to the spot. 

7 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm booked on Fan tomorrow till Sunday, how's it going mate anything doing? 

Got here for about 5.30, had a walk round with mate with the Deeper, found a few on road side opposite aerator, nothing anywhere else, 1 fish come out so far, nothing big, setup in dark, doing to about 1pm tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

Got here for about 5.30, had a walk round with mate with the Deeper, found a few on road side opposite aerator, nothing anywhere else, 1 fish come out so far, nothing big, setup in dark, doing to about 1pm tomorrow. 

What pegs are you fishing? I'll nip for a chat before set up. 👍

16 minutes ago, finchey said:

What pegs are you fishing? I'll nip for a chat before set up. 👍

Half way up road side opposite aerator, the only place we've found/seen fish.... Mate is to left and I'm to right of it.... 

Packing up about 12 tomorrow , setting off home about 1...

Had a few liners, just stuck a Zig out now.... 

I have the joy of packing up today. Blanked, but to be honest I expected it. Far better 4nights fishing than watching rubbish television. 

The lake only occasionally throws up a fish in winter. Nothing carp wise has been out since December. It was the same last year, nothing out after the equinox until the spring. 

When those fish could be anything from 20 to 50lbs though... 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Nothing else doing Keith?, you see anything after we left yesterday?.... Many on? 

There was just me and one other on for the night, I had two small carp around 7lb and on the second one I got my net caught on some brambles and was pulling it to free it and snapped the spreader block, plastic stinky winky block. So my session was brought to an abrupt end at 2am. I was absolutely gutted mate could not believe it.😭😭😭

47 minutes ago, finchey said:

There was just me and one other on for the night, I had two small carp around 7lb and on the second one I got my net caught on some brambles and was pulling it to free it and snapped the spreader block, plastic stinky winky block. So my session was brought to an abrupt end at 2am. I was absolutely gutted mate could not believe it.😭😭😭

I’m back out till late tonight suns out so maybe that means the carps have been tricked out to where the suns hitting 

3 hours ago, JordanNW said:

I’m about to have a smoke and go to the canal over the road I think. Bonus of it being over the road we should all arrange a session somewhere one night. As  it’s boring on ya own haha no one I know fishes 

I always fish on my own have done for years, my mates do fish and we always used fished together and I have some great memories but we have all gone into different disciplines of the sport now, I do enjoy fishing on my own for me personally I think I put more effort in when I'm fishing on my own. 👍