Korda bobbins

Hi all,

Thinking ahead for Christmas presents to myself and looking at some bobbins.

The korda ones seem expensive but after using some jrc ones I got with my bite alarms on a breezy night I feel I'd need something weighty.

Does anyone have the korda ones and what size do you have? Or any recommendations for something that can be used for all weathers?

Thanks

1 hour ago, pablo7uk said:

Hi all,

The korda ones seem expensive but after using some jrc ones I got with my bite alarms on a breezy night I feel I'd need something weighty.

Does anyone have the korda ones and what size do you have? Or any recommendations for something that can be used for all weathers?

Thanks

I use fox Slik Bobbins, but the hockey sticks for them are all Interchangeable for the chains, cords, mini swingers and flexi arms. 

Also interchange the Bobbin heads and add weights too. 

Screenshot_20201112_142021_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.583a50f543c10937751d334d9b10ddca.jpg

1 hour ago, pablo7uk said:

Does anyone have the korda ones and what size do you have?

The Stows only come in one size so I guess you're looking at the Black 'n Whites?

I had them. The hockey sticks, chains and weights are made from plated steel - not stainless steel. The result is they rust, badly. Mine went rusty within a season so I complained to Korda and they sent me another set free of charge. The replacement set rusted in 6 months.

If you look back at the last few Korda vids you can actually see this. In the Korda Masterclass vol 7 vid Dan/Pecky go to a lake in Germany. There is a close up of Pecks rods and you can see his bobbins are completely rusted, juts like mine. I saw it on another vid too but can't remember which one.

It's a shame as functionally they're decent; a nice, simple, do-everything bobbin. But the fact is they aint up to the job when it comes to longevity, which is completely unacceptable when you're paying 75 quid for a set.

Avoid buddy.

8 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

Hi all,

Thanks

I use Solar Titanium (short arm) indicators. They  can be used as swing arm indicators, tension arm or at no tension for slack line fishing. 

The link I have given is for Johnson Ross, so it may pay to shop around

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/solar-indicators/20152-solar-tackle-p1-titanium-indicator.html

20 hours ago, yonny said:

The Stows only come in one size so I guess you're looking at the Black 'n Whites?

I had them. The hockey sticks, chains and weights are made from plated steel - not stainless steel. The result is they rust, badly. Mine went rusty within a season so I complained to Korda and they sent me another set free of charge. The replacement set rusted in 6 months.

If you look back at the last few Korda vids you can actually see this. In the Korda Masterclass vol 7 vid Dan/Pecky go to a lake in Germany. There is a close up of Pecks rods and you can see his bobbins are completely rusted, juts like mine. I saw it on another vid too but can't remember which one.

It's a shame as functionally they're decent; a nice, simple, do-everything bobbin. But the fact is they aint up to the job when it comes to longevity, which is completely unacceptable when you're paying 75 quid for a set.

Avoid buddy.

It is more than likely lacquered soft steel in the Korda stuff, the price of good quality metals is going crazy, the retail prices are proof of that, it is a shame really as i do think there is a good market for custom made metal ware, there is some really nice Damascus bar stock that can be ordered would make some real unique bobbins with, a lot of other gun metals that are really nice as well, a lot of it would have to be treated to prevent rust but that would add to the look .

2 minutes ago, dayvid said:

I do like the look of the Minis , only thing putting me off is you cant push the weight back beyond the pivot point making it fine for slack line ,

I do like the MK2 swingers in Black 

On mine I pushed em right back on the picture, they were slack but probably not slack enough for some people... But they are light though... 

Be my next purchase 2 of them... In purple

I favour the Fox black Label slik swingers (don’t know why they named them often a can of larger) I like the arms they stop side travel in the wind and the heads you get the best of both worlds like the Korda or free running. The arms are hard to get hold of tho. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 11:38, dayvid said:

I personally like the Fox swingers , covers every fishing scenario i fish .

IMG_2823.JPG

I have two of these already actually but because I have a fox stalker pod if I want the whole set up sat low to the ground the middle rod can't have one of these swingers on unless it just sits on the main bar of the pod

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

I got some Gardner Bugs in medium which are about the same size as the larger Korda Black and Whites.

Inexpensive and do the job and after reading what Yonny says I'm glad I didn't fork out for the Korda ones.

Screenshot_20201126-141751_Gallery.jpg

These seem ok, are they the maxi ones? The "mega" look a bit stumpier than your image and the other two sizes mini and micro look too slim.