Bluebell? From purchases

kevtaylor

2 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

I'm setting myself up with a lightweight roving, and mixed species day kit.

Given that my plans to fish Bluebell properly this year have been ruined by a massive influx of campers I've had a rethink and buzzing for it, first off was a local canal Perch next up a river Soar Barbel.

Screenshot_20200617-181548_Gallery.jpg

I watched Paul heseltines vid on there this week he said he had to do 2 nights just to get a swim he wanted to fish , sounds terrible 😢 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I watched Paul heseltines vid on there this week he said he had to do 2 nights just to get a swim he wanted to fish , sounds terrible 😢 

It's not for me at the moment sadly, I don't do long sessions, so queuing up for a decent swim in a few days time is not the one.  I generally do OK on there because I'm happy to fish 4 of the 5 lakes and can usually get on fish on at least one of them, but when all 300 pegs are taken you're fitting in not choosing.  It's pretty un-heard of tbh so I intend to return when the holiday campers have got bored and hung their rods  up for another year.

6 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

It's not for me at the moment sadly, I don't do long sessions, so queuing up for a decent swim in a few days time is not the one.  I generally do OK on there because I'm happy to fish 4 of the 5 lakes and can usually get on fish on at least one of them, but when all 300 pegs are taken you're fitting in not choosing.  It's pretty un-heard of tbh so I intend to return when the holiday campers have got bored and hung their rods  up for another year.

I generally get a night, I would be 24 in the car park and home, it's not that far from me really maybe one day I will venture up there it does look nice , but I think I would steer clear at the moment sounds like a nightmare 

15 hours ago, yonny said:

Mate....... what is going on over there is a joke. As you know I pop over once or twice a year but not this year, it looks awful man!

You couldn't write the timing on my part lol

Now you have to collect a bucket off them - get a sticker with your name and reg on and off you go to find that killer peg that's not available! Brilliant - like a game show, running round wiv buckets, moving other peoples and pinching their peg lol  Can you imagine the agro ticking off, pressure for pegs and extra noddies galore.

My mate had free pegs either side of him on the first sunday on Mallard, I've no idea why he wanted 50 buckets! 🤣

Edited by kevtaylor

1 hour ago, yonny said:

It's getting worse Kev. They're banning bait boats (hurrah!) and shutting swims because nitrate levels are that high due to so much uneaten bait that fish are dying. Jeez, it sounds terrible!

Wow bad news.

Kingy was bad last year as well or the year before, I seem  to remember Lee Birch almost begging people to stop piling it in, fish zigs or margin traps nothing coming out in the open water and showing a video of loads of old bait littering the lake bed.  He said it was close to being a disaster then.

With the current temps I bet they are right on the verge of a fish kill.

I also heard that the 'Z Fish' was ottered, they didn't say that part. 

On 24/06/2020 at 18:07, kevtaylor said:

With the current temps I bet they are right on the verge of a fish kill.

Getting worse still. They've just shut Mallard (unheard of in my lifetime) due to high nitrate levels. I think they're worried with the thunderstorms this weekend that they could be looking at an oxygen crash. 

Bishops Bowl had to close last year due to a ammonia spike they do mix the match fishing up on some of their waters plus they are filling them in to reduce the depth already done Mitre and have nearly done Greenhills  lot of trucks coming and going dropping demolition hardcore off. 

Think they may have had some sort of KHV problem as well that kicked in just after the nitrates change.  nice people that run the the place but they need to put the foot down a bit by the sound of things on FB. 

On 26/06/2020 at 11:57, yonny said:

Getting worse still. They've just shut Mallard (unheard of in my lifetime) due to high nitrate levels. I think they're worried with the thunderstorms this weekend that they could be looking at an oxygen crash. 

Yes mate, dodgy ground indeed fingers crossed they are lucky.

Yes management have made a few mistakes trying to please a massive wave of new customers, but overall you have to blame the anglers for fitting in anywhere and putting in too much bait.

Isn't spring supposed to be about singles and zigs, not piles of bait when it's 30 degrees and they are in pre spawn limbo.  How do you police it, no noddies?  It does say experienced anglers only but that's self assessed!

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Yes mate, dodgy ground indeed fingers crossed they are lucky.

Yes management have made a few mistakes trying to please a massive wave of new customers, but overall you have to blame the anglers for fitting in anywhere and putting in too much bait.

Isn't spring supposed to be about singles and zigs, not piles of bait when it's 30 degrees and they are in pre spawn limbo.  How do you police it, no noddies?  It does say experienced anglers only but that's self assessed!

How do you define experiance 
years fished ? Lol as that means nothing

14 minutes ago, framey said:

Aye that is true. 

I think the 'pile it in' videos or DVD's gave a very false picture of fishing. 

Every angler wants to be fishing on their own bait so stick a few kilos in. 

On most occasions you don't need loads of bait, especially on heavily fished waters. 

In the heat wave we have had carp aren't normally going to be eating loads of food, especially in the heat of the day. 

24 minutes ago, framey said:

Very true lol

I'm thinking of a membership of sorts.  You pay an initial fee - say £100 to get a numbered membership card.

Any probs, agro, rule breaking you get advised/banned and this is recorded on a database.

Phone bookings for a space on one of the lakes not specific swim bookings and online payments.

Keeps it in-line with Tony's ideal - whackers on a day ticket.

9 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Aye that is true. 

I think the 'pile it in' videos or DVD's gave a very false picture of fishing. 

Every angler wants to be fishing on their own bait so stick a few kilos in. 

On most occasions you don't need loads of bait, especially on heavily fished waters. 

In the heat wave we have had carp aren't normally going to be eating loads of food, especially in the heat of the day. 

My normal go to is 6 or 7 boilies in a pva stocking or about the same but in particle 

if crumbing up its usually about 2 or 3 

my mate says I’m tight 

I say I’m trying to catch them not feed them.

and then I will say I can put more in but I can’t take it out.

as he’s just spod in half a bucket of mixed stuff

6 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Very true lol

I'm thinking of a membership of sorts.  You pay an initial fee - say £100 to get a numbered membership card.

Any probs, agro, rule breaking you get advised/banned and this is recorded on a database.

Phone bookings for a space on one of the lakes not specific swim bookings and online payments.

Nash lakes do that I think

but thats just down to who has the deep pockets as it still doesn’t define experience. 
I mean someone who has never fished before can walk into a tackle shop and come out with 3-5k worth of top end gear as long as you have the Ability to pay or have a bit of a credit limit And have as much chance of catching  50 as someone with 30 or 40 years experiance

but they look like they have the knowledge.

probably better listening to someone for half an hour would be better as that tells you a lot 

Edited by framey

10 minutes ago, framey said:

Nash lakes do that I think

but thats just down to who has the deep pockets as it still doesn’t define experience. 
I mean someone who has never fished before can walk into a tackle shop and come out with 3-5k worth of top end gear as long as you have the Ability to pay or have a bit of a credit limit And have as much chance of catching  50 as someone with 30 or 40 years experiance

but they look like they have the knowledge.

probably better listening to someone for half an hour would be better as that tells you a lot 

Could be a free membership- point is its recordable.  So if as you say a baillif spends 30 mins with someone and is concerned about the ability they can record that and advise he goes on a more suitable pond for a while to build themselves up - get to know people.

Easier said than done obviously

4 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Could be a free membership- point is its recordable.  So if as you say a baillif spends 30 mins with someone and is concerned about the ability they can record that and advise he goes on a more suitable pond for a while to build themselves up - get to know people.

Easier said than done obviously

only needs to be the anglers first visit and you would know 
wouldn’t kill to much time in reality 

Edited by framey

38 minutes ago, framey said:

My normal go to is 6 or 7 boilies in a pva stocking or about the same but in particle 

if crumbing up its usually about 2 or 3 

my mate says I’m tight 

I say I’m trying to catch them not feed them.

and then I will say I can put more in but I can’t take it out.

as he’s just spod in half a bucket of mixed stuff

I did put in a bit of bait at the start last week, a total of a gallon of hemp, around 2kg of boilies and then cast out stringer every day on the spot for 4 days. That works... I only had three carp, two 17's and a 21, but that is on a fairly lightly fished reservoir.

43 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Very true lol

I think NS fisheries Nunnery get the angler to do a session on the 'easy' lake to assess them, then if pass they can fish the syndicate lakes when approved.

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I did put in a bit of bait at the start last week, a total of a gallon of hemp, around 2kg of boilies and then cast out stringer every day on the spot for 4 days. That works... I only had three carp, two 17's and a 21, but that is on a fairly lightly fished reservoir.

Difference is you fished it for half a week not a single day session lol