Hookbaits /pop ups storage

elmoputney

37 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You sort of build up a collection while you find out which ones you like best 😁 

most of these will never see a hook again but you never know when they may come in handy 😁

Surely it's a matter of which one the Carp like best and not which one you like the best 😉

Maybe that's where you've been going wrong Haha 

1 minute ago, emmcee said:

Surely it's a matter of which one the Carp like best and not which one you like the best 😉

Maybe that's where you've been going wrong Haha 

I once ate a Nash formula 1 airball pop up for a bet, I made a fiver but did feel quite ropey, 😂

And in all seriousness that is quite a topic for me, I've always liked baits that smell nice but deep down you know it'sthe ones that stink that work best 👍

I had a painting job near a tackle shop that was sadly closing down i bought my first proper carp rods from there Des Taylor 21/2 lb maver must be well over 20years ago. Still use them for floater rods. 

Anyway the Mrs says you been buying gear again nar love I says painted a couple of ceilings and he gave me the rods lol

Defo innocent till proven guilty  😉

I've been reckless lately I left my retro baits invoice out 

"£90 on boilies she said" 

I said well I did buy quite a lot so they will last, all the time thinking she hasn't  noticed the pop ups, wafters bait spray and 2kg of 12mmers 😅

She also saw my receipt from yesterday I said a lot of that was the kids rods and bits 😂

On 16 February 2020 at 10:42, elmoputney said:

I once ate a Nash formula 1 airball pop up for a bet, I made a fiver but did feel quite ropey, 😂

And in all seriousness that is quite a topic for me, I've always liked baits that smell nice but deep down you know it'sthe ones that stink that work best 👍

Strangely enough, ready made pop-ups are about the only things that upset Sky's stomach. She did get into the habit of going into my fishing tackle and freezer and stealing bait if she could; ready mades, particles, tiger nuts.

I have to lock my internal doors as well as the front door if I go out.

I make some of my own pop-ups, the Garlic and Megaspice ones, they just get air dried and stored in the tub in my bait bag with the rest of the pop-ups. I don't bother with keeping them in the fridge.