November catch reports

elmoputney

14 hours ago, emmcee said:

Should just add a bit of water to the crumb and form balls. Leave them to stiffen/harden up then you can throw them like a ground bait ball.Β 

I did try that with some liquid but I couldn't get it out far enough without it breaking down, i moved to where I should've been last night this morning, the wind is banging Into the reeds like a good un I've got a couple of nice traps now but it may be too little too late thoughΒ 

12 hours ago, crusian said:

Well I'm off to bed now , Elmo , hope you catch your P.B. soon then you can get your head down for the night .

Keep warm and dry .

😊

Β 

4 hours ago, finchey said:

Any luck Elmo? I hope you caught your new pb mate. 🎣 πŸ˜πŸ‘

Nope probably should've moved tbh, but they were active all over the place,Β 

I am now where I should've been, must learn not to panic about setting up in the dark, I've done it before, I blame the A14 for everything bad everytime otherwise I would've been here in plenty of time, still a chance it only takes one bite 😁

On 24/11/2019 at 17:19, elmoputney said:

Start tricking some bait in a spot near it, could work a treat @Highy

Mate I'm going with Saturday has some 20mm Baits wot we've been using all year in 15mm...hes chopped and crumbed someΒ up and he is going down Tuesday Wednesday Friday before we get there Saturday...

Edited by Highy

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Β 

Nope probably should've moved tbh, but they were active all over the place,Β 

I am now where I should've been, must learn not to panic about setting up in the dark, I've done it before, I blame the A14 for everything bad everytime otherwise I would've been here in plenty of time, still a chance it only takes one bite 😁

Hi Elmo

My Son lives up North and we have to drive through the roadworks ( Cambridge to HuntingdonΒ improvement scheme ) every time we visit him , is this what you are talking about ? .

I guess you didn't catch this time out , but I can't help feeling from your posts that you are edging ever nearer to success .

πŸ˜ƒΒ 

9 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Elmo

My Son lives up North and we have to drive through the roadworks ( Cambridge to HuntingdonΒ improvement scheme ) every time we visit him , is this what you are talking about ? .

I guess you didn't catch this time out , but I can't help feeling from your posts that you are edging ever nearer to success .

πŸ˜ƒ

Thats the one, 🀯🀯

pain in the rectum for me, even if I am not using it, when they close it they usually send traffic round my village so the bypass is gridlocked so I can't get in or out, and the worst of it unless I am going fishing it won't benefit me when Its done as the stretches me or my wife use will still be exactly the same and still as bad 😒

I got it wrong this week bad planning, bad prep and bad decisions were made, I will learn from it though so it's fine and I learnt moving isn't as much of a chore as I thought so that can only be a positive 😁

14 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Tried the scopex squid for the 1st time so nice little confidence boost for that bait.

Β 

I asked a few seasons ago about the best Bait for commons, guess which Bait was suggested??Β 

I used to always use mainline and always seemed to get decent mirrors!! 🀣 

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Thats the one, 🀯🀯

pain in the rectum for me, even if I am not using it, when they close it they usually send traffic round my village so the bypass is gridlocked so I can't get in or out, and the worst of it unless I am going fishing it won't benefit me when Its done as the stretches me or my wife use will still be exactly the same and still as bad 😒

I got it wrong this week bad planning, bad prep and bad decisions were made, I will learn from it though so it's fine and I learnt moving isn't as much of a chore as I thought so that can only be a positive 😁

Keep at it , Elmo , as Carpyian says " success will come " .

πŸ˜ƒ

22 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Nicely done muft 😎 

Big commons love a tiger nut 😁

472986301_Screenshot_20191012-132656_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.1dbe3774db1e53910e11341aec193fd2.jpg

Β 

Elmo stick at it fella .... look forward to you posting about your pb 🎣😎

Thanks it will happen at some point, would be nice to get a biggun sooner or later though a nice winter 30 would do me 😁, if I don't then I shall keep trying plenty of lakes to have a go at round here and I've registered an Interest in a few for next year already so I have some options hopefully, I've decided I want to have a chance to catch though on shorter sessions, so nothing too low stocked, this year has got me back into it and it's been good on the whole, next year I want to catch more consistently, and be more relaxed so nothing to headbanging but not too easy either basically I am just hoping to find a water that suits me a bit more and certainly somewhere I could happily take the kids, my youngest has taken to reading a Chapman's angling catalogue on the toilet, so proud when I saw that :)

Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, yonny said:

Where you thinking elmo?

There are a few little syndicates around, that I think I would like, will just have to see whether I can get on them, I have thought about Earith again but am just going to see what turns up next April now,Β 

And there is also the top secret lake to pursue when I can find out who the owner is :)