October Catch Reports.

salokcinnodrog

Day of firsts for me..first time I got up at 5 on a day off :D first time I got a hook caught in me landing net..first ever tench,don't know what all the fuss is about(but them im happy catching anything) but best of all my first Mirror only 10lb 4 but it was the best of 11 I landed today..think I've been rushing them in to much, especially the bigger ones(ok anything over 9 is still big for me lol) which is why im losing so many..but anyway great day on the lake for me 

IMG_0012.thumb.jpg.fa582cfee8e1d7341ce46b222fdd339c.jpg

1 minute ago, muftyboy said:

Perch are the new carp.

Had to wade through the nuisance carp yesterday before I finally caught a few. 😉

The water I'm going to be trying is a new water for me this year, it's one of my local club waters I've carp fished it. So what the perch fishing is like I've no idea, I no there in there but I'm not sure on numbers and size but there's only one way to find out. There's plenty of small silvers in there so there should be some good perch.😁🤞

48 minutes ago, finchey said:

The water I'm going to be trying is a new water for me this year, it's one of my local club waters I've carp fished it. So what the perch fishing is like I've no idea, I no there in there but I'm not sure on numbers and size but there's only one way to find out. There's plenty of small silvers in there so there should be some good perch.😁🤞

Over the seasons I've bumped into a number of Perch anglers on the waters I fish for Carp ; the Perch seem to have been ignored on these waters to the Perch anglers gain .

😀

20 hours ago, finchey said:

Is it Fan Finch...little en batters the Perch on red maggots...

4 minutes ago, commonly said:

Good looking fish elmo, congrats. 

You look a little concerned though, I had to remind my mate to give us a smile ☺ 

I tried but that was the best pic, was really trying to get a good self take and was using all my new camera toys,I am just pleased the pic looks good and it does the fish justice :)

i am sure in time self takes will get easier and I will relax more 😆

1 minute ago, finchey said:

I think you've taken an excellent self take Elmo. Well done on the catch mate. 😁👍

I am pleased with how it turned out tbh, it's thanks to Yonny really the Intervalometer really helps make it easy, glad I listened and also the video light helps as you can leave it on so you can see what you ar doing 

7 hours ago, finchey said:

Almost better enough to go fishing, I've got a week chilling out in majorca, so by the time I get home should be fine. Thanks for asking mate. 😁👍

So with you away in Majorca , Finchey , and Highy presumably busy with his family over the school hols. the fish around your area can rest easy .

😁

3 minutes ago, crusian said:

So with you away in Majorca , Finchey , and Highy presumably busy with his family over the school hols. the fish around your area can rest easy .

😁

😂😂I be working 12hr days while kids off...people book time off work so I do the overtime...maybe 2 weeks wen i go now...maybe Halloween evening (catch me a monster)

Edited by Highy

10 hours ago, Highy said:

😂😂I be working 12hr days while kids off...people book time off work so I do the overtime...maybe 2 weeks wen i go now...maybe Halloween evening (catch me a monster)

Get it while you can mate, that's what I do work as much overtime as I can get, that pays for my fishing then there's no moaning of the wifey about spending money on what I love. And I also treat her keep her sweet. 😉