The Bankside Diner what's on the menu??

elmoputney

22 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I always eat from the pan saves on the washing up 👍

I normally do too tbh, keeps it warmer longer 👍

Nice and easy  curry though, good old pataks 

Tesco peshwari naan was horrible though ended up feeding that to the wildlife, 

I also regretted the 2 beers with my old man bladder, I was up every hour for a while 🧓

Really enjoyed the horlicks and Jersey cow milk tea though, 2 things every self respecting carp angler should have in there armoury 👍😂

Back home now though no carps, good few shows, not far away but they didn't quite want to come to visit my spots in the allocated slots I had provided them with 🙄

I know it is early, but I've been awake since 4 this morning, Fishing dinner: diced lamb and garlic over pasta stuffed with pesto and goats cheese with chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs. 

To be honest washing up is no problem, I put water and washing up liquid in the saucepan, and boil it, then tip that water into the tupperware my tomatoes and lamb were in and onto my plate. Wet wipe and clean. 

IMG_20201122_163120.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On the menu tomorrow is a beef saag curry with rice and garlic Naan 

Baileys and horlicks to keep me warm its the bailicks 😉(I'm really building this up and it's never been tried yet 😂

Bacon rolls for breakfast and some chocolate hobnobs for a sweet treat 

All to be washed down with Jersey gold top tea 😋

If I don't catch anything I'll live like a lord tomorrow 😂

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Baileys and horlicks to keep me warm its the bailicks 😉(I'm really building this up and it's never been tried yet 😂

Sounds pretty good to me 👍

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Baileys and Horlicks.... could knock you out mate best turn up the receiver full  

image.png

9 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Baileys and Horlicks.... could knock you out mate best turn up the receiver full  

image.png

I always do lol especially as I have an 8 hour shift at work before it's even fishing time, I have my end of year review at work at 1, its gonna be so tough to concentrate when all I will be thinking is what swim am I gonna get? where will those chunky [censored]s be? etc etc, I am already too excited for fishing its only getting worse today 😂

29 minutes ago, Choprider said:

It’s a long all day session for me today, I have just made time to make myself a bacon sarnie and cuppa on the bank side... might not be the best meal, but it will last me until I get home.

FD0DD14B-D79D-4DD3-9104-1ABEE321EAF6.jpeg

It's one of the best things to eat though I do love a bacon sarnie and a cuppa 🥓😍

Funnily enough I've made a beef saag to take to work with me today, I was even a good boy and made some for the misses 😂

On 17/12/2020 at 12:19, Choprider said:

It’s a long all day session for me today, I have just made time to make myself a bacon sarnie and cuppa on the bank side... might not be the best meal, but it will last me until I get home.

FD0DD14B-D79D-4DD3-9104-1ABEE321EAF6.jpeg

On 17/12/2020 at 12:49, elmoputney said:

It's one of the best things to eat though I do love a bacon sarnie and a cuppa 🥓😍

Funnily enough I've made a beef saag to take to work with me today, I was even a good boy and made some for the misses 😂

Try bacon and egg in a brioche bun... 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2022 at 18:36, B B said:

That do look very rare… is it still twitching  ? 

I like my rump steak blue, and sirloin rare. 

Rump should never need a sauce, it is the tastiest, even though the cheapest🤪, yet sirloin (or the other more expensive steak cuts) might need a sauce with them as they are drier.

50 minutes ago, JordanNW said:

Ideally a takeaway of a night but during day  bacon buttys for breakfast and ideally pasta or rice with something for dinner 

I always have a bag of dried pasta in my food bag; after boiling it I can prepare the vegetables and meat.

Couple of weeks ago I did a carbonara, admittedly bacon, with ready grated parmigiano, dried basil  and the egg with tagliatelle.

My lunches recently have been chocolate brioche dunked in my black coffee.

I am still on porridge and coffee for breakfast.