Easy bottom bait rigs

jh92

On 14 August 2019 at 18:08, chillfactor said:

I've done away with any kickers over the last couple of years for bottom baits  . If you look at your first rig Elmo imo you've clossed the gape of the hook a lot , if you draw a straight line from your kicker to hook point your see what I mean . I personally think to big a kicker will mean more fish getting away with it ? .

Phil,

at the same time, look how effective the bent hook rig was. 

Elmo's rig is on those lines, difficult to eject.

On 25/07/2019 at 23:14, Dannygooner said:

I’m gunna say the comment that is gunna make people wince, but buy some pre made rigs 😂. I also hate tieing my own and quite frankly I’m rubbish at doing so. I’m all fingers and thumbs and they never have the finesse I would like. I do tie rigs on the bank if a situation demands it, but I use a fella on eBay who ties me up exactly what I want, when I want, and from what materials I want for absolute pennies. I don’t have the time to be pre tieing loads of rigs. Have a look mate. When it comes to being on the bank I don’t want to spend all that limited time I have tieing rigs either. I’m there to take in my surrounding and relax. 

Which " fella on eBay " is that please , Danny ? .

😃

12 hours ago, yonny said:

I think your rig looks ok elmo.

Careful not to bamboozle yourself mate. I can see no reason you'd need a long shank. The important bit is putting your rig in front of feeding carp.

I think they are OK my pop up rig seems to work and has nailed a few fish on my test runs, I just think a straight point may be better, however I got some good news today bank tackle will be releasing some of the wide gapes with a straight point I think that will be the one 

56 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Agreed defo no need for long shanks .

Long shanks are really just to have a play with to see what I can do with them really 

2 minutes ago, finchey said:

Have I missed something,🤔 what happened last week? 👍

I did a few simple knotless rigs with some brade and hooks (no brand)...and while at Fan Lodge i was playing a fish holding bottom using its weight...had a few decent lunges and was on a good 10min...got to inder rod tip and braid snapped jus above hook were stripped back....

So all rigs are now Korda Boom..Crimped..with Korda N-Trap stripped and Nash Claw hooks...loop style.

16 minutes ago, Highy said:

I did a few simple knotless rigs with some brade and hooks (no brand)...and while at Fan Lodge i was playing a fish holding bottom using its weight...had a few decent lunges and was on a good 10min...got to inder rod tip and braid snapped jus above hook were stripped back....

So all rigs are now Korda Boom..Crimped..with Korda N-Trap stripped and Nash Claw hooks...loop style.

What braid was it? , these things do happen sometimes even with good braids, especially if there are zebra mussels in the water, sometimes you just get unlucky but it makes the lucky days feel better 

34 minutes ago, finchey said:

Have I missed something,🤔 what happened last week? 👍

27 minutes ago, Highy said:

The Fish i lost last week was DEFFO one of the lakes bigger residence too...would have been a PB.

Just now, elmoputney said:

That's what I do or bite them a bit, I wouldn't let it worry you too much though we all lose them, you will get another chance 

Deffo be back on that lake...may get around September though...going to a different lake Sunday...then next week off for some sturgeon...then week after i will be on the local lake were i lost it EVER DAY for a week...

6 minutes ago, Highy said:

Deffo be back on that lake...may get around September though...going to a different lake Sunday...then next week off for some sturgeon...then week after i will be on the local lake were i lost it EVER DAY for a week...

I thought sturgeon only happened in France but I see a lot of pics of them nowadays 

• 1 month later...

We have come a bit off topic of just  rigs, but just as an example this is the rig, the exact rig, hook etc that caught me four fish from the reservoir. I have made the comment in the past about hook sharpness; if they aren't sharp enough  out of the pack, then don't use them. Get a brand that is.

You can see how much abuse that has taken as the coating on the braid has been well rubbed and the point no longer looks sharp. The hair was  the stripped  hooklink braid long enough for 2x 20mm boilies, straight out of the bait bucket fished hard on the bottom around bridge supports.

image.jpeg