April catch reports.............

smufter

10 hours ago, smufter said:

I can't believe I blanked!!

Loads of fish showing, baits in the perfect spots and not a beep....:shock:

It's sounds like a really hard water you are targeting, But when they come on the feed they are stunning fish judging from your photo's from previous catch. 

Better luck next week mate. :)

I'm going myself on Monday its also a hard water where I'm going and I'm from up north so I'm going with no great expectations. If I manage to snare one it will be a bonus and they are also stunning fish really dark almost black. I just can't wait to get out on the bank I don't get too go very often. :D

11 hours ago, finchey said:

It's sounds like a really hard water you are targeting, But when they come on the feed they are stunning fish judging from your photo's from previous catch. 

Better luck next week mate:)

I'm going myself on Monday its also a hard water where I'm going and I'm from up north so I'm going with no great expectations. If I manage to snare one it will be a bonus and they are also stunning fish really dark almost black. I just can't wait to get out on the bank I don't get too go very often. :D

Not out next week unfortunately. Prior engagement on a golf course.....:shock:

Got the following Tuesday booked (May 1st) and have also booked my first overnighter of the season the following Monday night (Bank Holiday). Was tempted to do a 36 but I don't think that would go down too well with the Missus so kept it to a 24. So my chance to get my name in the April catch reports has now gone........

Well, cancelled my golf match for Tuesday. 
Thought long and hard about it, decided I'd rather be sitting lakeside. You've got to go where the love is, haven't you???
Temperatures are due to drop to a more comfortable 12-14 degrees, so hopefully that will get them off the top and back down to my baits.
Still got a chance of an April fish!!
8)8)8)

Just back from the first session of the year managed a mirror around the 16lb mark, had it on one of the cov gold wafters i was given. i do like the new bait, i'm fairly certain the fish were on it too.

Speaking to a new member, small world, he works on the Castle Ashby estate some sort of zoo keeper and looks after the lakes some of you guys fish.

Also had a new bivvy buddie, this Toad moved in the Grass snakes were out in numbers so it might of been chased in, stayed until i took the bivvy down.

DSCF0520.JPG

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Just back from the first session of the year managed a mirror around the 16lb mark, had it on one of the cov gold wafters i was given. i do like the new bait, i'm fairly certain the fish were on it too.

Speaking to a new member, small world, he works on the Castle Ashby estate some sort of zoo keeper and looks after the lakes some of you guys fish.

Also had a new bivvy buddie, this Toad moved in the Grass snakes were out in numbers so it might of been chased in, stayed until i took the bivvy down.

DSCF0520.JPG

Don’t tell me it was Damien? Do you fish welly lakes?