A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

The Tench have made a real come back on a water I fished a few years back and raking the swim really brought them in. Had nine in total between 5-7lb, felt sure the carp would make an appearance, but they were happy in the weed.... I stayed put as swim choice was limited. The lead free leader material (Nash cling on), made nice weighty boom sections, spliced double at 6 inches helping , imo, to nail the tench , bottom lip all day long... Did the extra night, hoping for the carp to show up, but the coots diving on me in the morning told me that not a lot had moved through the swim through the night, so it was a blank for me..... Got a feeling that the limited swim choice at the moment, has seen the same spots being fished a lot lately, the clean bottom enabling me to use bottom baits was a big clue, perhaps why the carp are a bit wary of feeding here...…. Gonna play around with the weighted booms a bit more, perhaps going shorter..... Will try to squeeze a sesh on here again next week, feel like it owes me a fish already.... Also won't get out much through June...… No carp this time, but haven't felt so relaxed in ages on a water..... Went home happy..

IMG_20150308_194721.jpg

Got a mate coming down for a 48 hr guesty on the lake next door to where I blanked the other day.... Will be my last outing for a few weeks. It's quite runsy this lake and could throw up anything up to the high twenties for carp or 40lb cat, bit of fun and a bend in the rod this lake with lots of smaller fish..... It will give me a chance to put a little bait in the main lake and perhaps a little stalk around it the following morning with a single rod for a few hours to try and exact my revenge... lol.

The kit will be put away for a few weeks after this, back to the old grind stone for me..... Hoping to hit the Syndicate through July as best I can, they are still spawning on and off on there. Once a few of the big girls have drooped a bit of weight, should see a drop in anglers.

On holiday with the family.... the farmhouse we booked happend only to be half an hour from the syndi , so promised to take my boy & his older cousin for a 24hr + . 

Finally got pretty much everything  set up now.  Rowed my baits out on to some spots,  & nice helping of bait over each rod .

They had the float & maggots out while I set up camp 

My boys first eel 

20180530_130132.thumb.jpg.083ce4dbe14bbe129ded86176371bedb.jpg

There demanding food now so better crack on lol ! 

Went back to the scene of my last blank while my mate fished the nearby runs water. Found a few fish where I'd seen one lump out last time...….. Different approach this time...… Fishing mega close in about a rod length out on the margin slope.....Simplest of rigs and maybe a dozen whole and broken baits scattered along the margin...……. 11pm a 19lb mirror obliged during a torrential downpour, 4am a lovely 23lb common on the same left hand rod... Happy days, first 20lber of this season...… I did have a couple of Tench, including a huge male which I weighed out of curiosity, bang on 6lb... Both tench coming to the right hand rod...…...

Fish pics not permitted on public forums from this venue unfortunately..... But if I'm lucky enough to land something decent with a decent pic, then I may well change my Avatar now and then 😃

1 hour ago, B.C. said:

Went back to the scene of my last blank while my mate fished the nearby runs water. Found a few fish where I'd seen one lump out last time...….. Different approach this time...… Fishing mega close in about a rod length out on the margin slope.....Simplest of rigs and maybe a dozen whole and broken baits scattered along the margin...……. 11pm a 19lb mirror obliged during a torrential downpour, 4am a lovely 23lb common on the same left hand rod... Happy days, first 20lber of this season...… I did have a couple of Tench, including a huge male which I weighed out of curiosity, bang on 6lb... Both tench coming to the right hand rod...…...

Fish pics not permitted on public forums from this venue unfortunately..... But if I'm lucky enough to land something decent with a decent pic, then I may well change my Avatar now and then 😃

Sounds like some great fishing BC 😎

4 hours ago, B.C. said:

Good angling mate 😎

It's just a pity you can't share some photos of your prizes 😞

16 minutes ago, finchey said:

Good angling mate 😎

It's just a pity you can't share some photos of your prizes 😞

Thanks mate...… It's just one of very few simple rules on that ticket..... It's not the most difficult of venues and a few "bait boys" have exploited it in the past to not only promote their products, but literally fill it in with their bait and ruin the fishing. So banning public pics is a sensible way to prevent that..... I'll try to squeeze the odd pic in if I get a gooden from here, via my profile pic...… Should be ok now and then as long as no products or the venue are mentioned...…. I would have to check first, don't really want to lose my ticket over a fish pic.

56 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Thanks mate...… It's just one of very few simple rules on that ticket..... It's not the most difficult of venues and a few "bait boys" have exploited it in the past to not only promote their products, but literally fill it in with their bait and ruin the fishing. So banning public pics is a sensible way to prevent that..... I'll try to squeeze the odd pic in if I get a gooden from here, via my profile pic...… Should be ok now and then as long as no products or the venue are mentioned...…. I would have to check first, don't really want to lose my ticket over a fish pic.

No way mate don't jeopardise your ticket for a photo, no one is going to do that. 😀

As for the other idiots there's always someone to spoil it for other members. 😡

23 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Well ended up finishing earlier that was planned as they started spawning late morning . So reeled in & left them to it . 

I must take the boys more often as both times I've had a goodun in the night :grin:

The boys are obviously good Karma, Phil. Added bonus is the bonding between Dad and lads, you can't buy it, it has to be earned. Enjoy!

Ian

12 hours ago, B.C. said:

Work party tomorrow on the little lake I've been dabbling on...… The gear is still in the van so might do a few hours into dark after the fish have settled down a bit after any noise we make. Failing that I'll trickle some bait in while I'm there and hopefully nip back for an evening sesh in the week.

Sounds like a good plan that mate enjoy 😀

Popped back last night for an intended evening session, winkled out a 24lb Common at 7pm from under the rod tip again. So decided to stay on for the night..... Should've quit while I was ahead. Only a stubborn Cat of around 15lb through the night, took me into the weed, took about 40 mins to land and completely wiped out both rods which needed re setting from scratch...….. They don't half pull back, those cats..... Heard a few fish showing to my left through the night. My guess is that I wasn't the only one plopping some bait in after Sunday's work party...…. A fella took some pics of the Common and is going to email them to me, so I'll post it up when he does...……. Getting low on bait now, so will have to make time for a rolling sesh soon...…. Also, had 5 more tench, they are costing me a fortune in leads, Not much I can do about it though at the moment, as , imo, even a small lead needs dropping with the weed still up and dense...…… I went back onto the Gardner GTHD in 15lb for this place and I'm finding it a real pain in the backside. Can't fault it's strength and abrasion resistance, but it just seems to krimp/crinkle at the slightest touch of anything, weed, tip ring, bobbin etc. Even when playing 5lb Tench….. Not too happy about having to strip off 10 yards of line a few times each session.... It's the second time I've loaded this on my spools and had a few coiling issues the first time round. So I'll be looking to re spool again this week with something else...….

23 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Getting in amongst them BC 😎

I find myself swapping my line these days ..... if I need distance then the suffix synergy spools go on But anything under 120 y & it's the hydro tuff that yonny put me on to , can't fault it for snaggy waters. 

Cheers, I'll have a look at the Hydro Tuff next time I'm in my local. I did buy a spool of Gardner Pro Line, in light.... As I'm fishing a lot of the gravel slopes atm..... I'll try it out first see how it goes, it's pretty cheap, £11 ish for a bulk spool. If I don't like it, I'll invest in the Hydro Tuff....😊

8 hours ago, B.C. said:

Cheers, I'll have a look at the Hydro Tuff next time I'm in my local. I did buy a spool of Gardner Pro Line, in light.... As I'm fishing a lot of the gravel slopes atm..... I'll try it out first see how it goes, it's pretty cheap, £11 ish for a bulk spool. If I don't like it, I'll invest in the Hydro Tuff....😊

Never had problem with my HD line until it had got a lot of use. Now it’s being temperamental. A friend put me on to the PB products control mono. Seen it in the flesh and it’ll be on my reels when I respool. Silly thin diameters with high breaking strain and it lives up to it too. 24lb is 0.35. It also sinks very well. I’d say a tad better than the HD, which I found to be very easy to sink once wet. A bit expensive at £25 per 1000m but it comes on a larger diameter spool to help stop any coil memory. 

Have a look at the Asso "Sinking". I have it on my reels at the moment and very pleased with it. Does everything well....

I'm using the 16lb (0.35mm) and it's as tough as old boots but with low diameter. Sinks well too (as they name suggests lol).

http://www.assouk.co.uk/Asso-products-Sinking-Mainline-Carp-Mainline-fishing-line.shtml