A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

When I turned up for a 48hr on the lake I wanted to fish, there were a few thrashing about in the weed , despite the drop in temps. I think the thick weed had helped to keep the water temp up. Jumped on the lake next door, very runsy. Fished until dark had a single figure mirror and a low double common. As dark fell I had 2 small cats and was plagued with liners so wound in and got some kip.... left in the morning. Not the session I'd intended, but good to get out and hear the buzzer go. Plan to go on the intended lake on Monday night.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Hi all im out at the mo not a lot happing yet. Been here sinc yesterday lake is very quiet fish seem to be hanging around the back of the islands and the water is very warm. Wondering of they are near to spawning 

Spelling abit wrong. 

The spawning seems to be a bit sporadic round my way since that hot week a fortnight ago.... Hoping they go for it in the next few days so that it's over and done with, the water is very warm here too.  Hope you winkle one out mate before they go for it...😊

I’m out tonight and tomorrow. Turned up around 3pm and found a good number of fish in the shallower end of the lake. Went with it and got some bait out and then left it whilst going out on the boat to tidy up the multiple rigs hanging from various trees on the island. Come back to find the area almost empty of fish. 

I was reluctant to move and stayed put, against everything I know about place. Regret it now it’s almost dark so a quick move at first light should see me with a better chance of a few fish. 

Last time fishing here for the foreseeable so I want to end on a high!

3 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Hi al, l'm out at the mo, not a lot happing yet. Been here since yesterday. Lake is very quiet, fish seem to be hanging around the back of the islands and the water is very warm. Wondering of they are near to spawning 

Spelling abit wrong. 

Spelling is fine.......

Ian

Up at first light nothing to report... yesterday came & went . Was waiting on the fish showing out where I had zigs placed again in the afternoon into evening & it just never happened .... bit of a head scratcher looked perfect for it . Got most of the day to try & pick up something else before the journey home .

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Up at first light nothing to report... yesterday came & went . Was waiting on the fish showing out where I had zigs placed again in the afternoon into evening & it just never happened .... bit of a head scratcher looked perfect for it . Got most of the day to try & pick up something else before the journey home .

If the fish haven't spawned, it may well be that they are just mooching, not feeding, just hanging around waiting. Seen that a number of times if the fish start, then the weather and temperatures drop.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:33, yonny said:

they had confirmed KHV either last year or the year before mate.

It was a bit naughty holding a social on there when I think about it,... Most lads from up and down the country wouldn't know about that.... I didn't get any kit wet from the lake as I blanked and we've had good weather to dry stuff properly. But I shall re spool my reels as a precaution. I would deffo not have fished there had I known..... Lesson learned.... research a lake you don't know well before fishing it..

1 hour ago, B.C. said:

I know the feeling on that one mate.... Got Poundland reading glasses everywhere now, 2 in the kit bag and 2 in the van   😊

I managed to leave my polarised sunglasses at a job last week. Not a happy bunny!

I wore them anytime I needed sunglasses.

15 minutes ago, B.C. said:

nightmare not having polaroids..

I'm the same B.C., always carries a spare set in my car since I left mine at home once a couple of years ago. Honestly, I'd rather go fishing without bait (loose-feed anyway) than without my sunnies. They play a massive part in my fishing.

3 hours ago, B.C. said:

It was a bit naughty holding a social on there when I think about it,... Most lads from up and down the country wouldn't know about that.... I didn't get any kit wet from the lake as I blanked and we've had good weather to dry stuff properly. But I shall re spool my reels as a precaution. I would deffo not have fished there had I known..... Lesson learned.... research a lake you don't know well before fishing it..

The lake I fish with my old man has been declared free from khv for 5 years now.

They still have a sign on each lake above the net dips saying that it was once infected with khv.

Gonna look round a local lake this evening and grab some lake water to prep some particle ready for Monday night...… Hopefully the anglers would have pulled off by Sunday night so I'll go and rake a swim out and hemp it with a jar of ready prepped and some boilies too. The lake hasn't changed much in 10yrs since I used to fish it, the fish are in their usual haunts, as long as they are finished spawning, I've good a good feeling for Monday night...…. Gotta re spool some reels and get my new rods rigged up and ready to go and tie a load of rigs up ready..... Today Ill be bottom of the garden, nice cold bottle of cider lovely sunshine, prepping for a session, love it...😊.

On 18/05/2018 at 09:54, B.C. said:

I know the feeling on that one mate.... Got Poundland reading glasses everywhere now, 2 in the kit bag and 2 in the van   😊

I have a set that i wear most of the time, but need a slightly stronger pair for close up detailed stuff they are the ones i left at home, pound shop glasses are just as good as any other pair of glasses and a big money saver, tried to fit up with a set of bifocals last time I went to the opticians, not ready for the librarian look just yet.

Keep meaning to get a price on a set of react to lights with the polarized lenses, too scared to ask though.

11 hours ago, greekskii said:

Just wrapping up my last session on the estate lake. 4 fish over 2 nights and a load of messing about on the boat and trying to nab one of the surface. 

Anyone else ever get emotional when you finish with somewhere and leave for the last time?

If I've enjoyed my time somewhere, I try to leave the door open , just in case I want to return in the future sometime.... Some places, you just get attached to, whether it's the scenery, atmosphere, other members or the fish.. Think you've got your monies worth though mate, slaughtered  it really... Good luck on your next place. Them carp will be worried sick when they see you walking the bank lol...😊

10 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

not ready for the librarian look just yet.

Think I've mastered it with the poundland jobbies..... But I did lose 2 splicing needles today, they somehow disappeared into thin air... Gonna scan the bit of lawn with my bivvy light magnet tomorrow, hoping to find at least 1 of them, I've only got 1 left, and that isn't going to last five minutes at this rate 🤣

8 minutes ago, B.C. said:

If I've enjoyed my time somewhere, I try to leave the door open , just in case I want to return in the future sometime.... Some places, you just get attached to, whether it's the scenery, atmosphere, other members or the fish.. Think you've got your monies worth though mate, slaughtered  it really... Good luck on your next place. Them carp will be worried sick when they see you walking the bank lol...😊

The door is always open to go back there. I just know it won’t be anytime soon and things change so maybe I won’t want to go back! You’re right though, I’ve got my monies worth and etched my name in the history books with the first ever 30. I need to go carve my initials in to a tree down there (I do it everywhere I finish with). 

The next place is a different kettle, 10 fish (that I’ve seen with my own eyes) in 4.5 acres. Roughly just under half is accessible and potentially fishable. New challenge, new buzz and its more my type of fishing... luckily for whatever reason it isn’t gin clear yet this year so they won’t see me coming! 

Well, it's been very spawny round my way... Syndicate is shut for now and they just finished a couple of days ago on another lake (for now at least), so the raking and baiting has been put back a few days. I will walk round the local lake tomorrow evening with a rake and a barrow in the van. And if there are no signs of spawning, I'll pick up from where I left off last week and get raking...

I've prepped some particle. 24 hr soak with some of the liquid aminos I concocted on the Enzyme thread, I've used the mussel one, and a slow simmer this evening to finish them off. We've got maple peas, tares and buck wheat.... I've left the hemp soaking for another 16 hrs or so as there were a few floaters still. It's the huge hemp, which usually needs a bit of a longer soak. Probably end up with about 10kg of wet particle along with 5kg boilies, enough to get a few spots going post spawning...… The maples especially, would have soaked up a lot of the liquid aminos and I'm hoping that the fish gain something extra and instantly utilisable than the plain particle offers, which will need digesting to attain the free form aminos…….. You just got to love this time of year, the extra daylight hours and long evenings makes it possible to get a few things done...….😊

IMG_20150306_183152.jpg

IMG_20150306_183222.jpg

IMG_20150306_192535.jpg