A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

14 hours ago, cloud9 said:

I've made it out to the lake, had three lost two, nothing massive largest was bang on 10lb a mirror , now landed four, trying to eat me sausage sandwich 😣

Are you still on the lake, any update ?.

Nice job catching five & glad you managed to eat your sandwich :)

Good luck if your still out there.

4 minutes ago, Big Common said:

GH, are you still fishing the lake from last season??.. Park lake, if I remember rightly. If so, how's it going mate? How's progress? Any closer to some of the bigger ones?

Hiya bud 

I fished it earlier this year & had 3 or 4 small fish, but due to health issues I couldn't get out.

Im starting to get out again now (thankfully) ive had a few walks around & have seen the two big uns, so ill be out there from next week.

One of the chaps I got to know as been doing well fly fishing for em, so I might have to learn how to fly fish lol. 

Im also off down the severn at the end of the month (bridgenorth) so im looking forward to that.

How you been getting on ?

30 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Same as you mate. Health reasons stopping me from fishing for a few months now. But have been visiting the place regularly, trickling in bait and observing things, walking the banks. Couple of planned sessions coincided with them spawning. It's the same lake as last year, but with a lot more anglers through the Spring. Numbers on the bank may drop now that they've spawned and gone down a few pounds. Hoping to get out next week. Failing that, there's a work party coming up, so will probably attend that and fish a couple of nights afterwards.

Good luck with your river trip.  :)

This time of year my lake is like bivvy town, fri-sun (sometimes ive counted more bivvys then there are swims??) This works to my advantage though :wink:

I hope your health improves mate, my doctor as strongly advised me to go fishing as much as possible. So I ain't going to argue with him :)

Cheers mate looking forward to getting on the river, always good to learn something new.

I've just set up on a resivour for a 24 hour session. Never fished here before so giving a bit of everything a go lol, 3 rods out, 1 on a chod rig, 1 on a zig rig about 2ft under the surface and 1 on 3 bits of maize fished over a big ball of vitalin 😁 I've also took the float rod with me, there's a good head of bream here that goes to low doubles, so might give it a try!! 

I've just set up on a resivour for a 24 hour session. Never fished here before so giving a bit of everything a go lol, 3 rods out, 1 on a chod rig, 1 on a zig rig about 2ft under the surface and 1 on 3 bits of maize fished over a big ball of vitalin 😁 I've also took the float rod with me, there's a good head of bream here that goes to low doubles, so might give it a try!! 

Update: I've had 2 bream since I posted, one about 3lb and the other at 4lb 10oz :)

5 bream now, had them all on maize but tempted to switch over to a pop up later because I don't want to be catching them all night lol. No carp yet, I've blasted the rod with a chod rig as far as I could to the other side (fish showing over there) but because I don't have any pellets/boilies to put into a bag or make a stick mix with, it's just on it's own. Should I leave the rod with the zig rig on out over night or should I switch to fishing the bottom when it gets dark? Thanks 

3 minutes ago, jh92 said:

5 bream now, had them all on maize but tempted to switch over to a pop up later because I don't want to be catching them all night lol. No carp yet, I've blasted the rod with a chod rig as far as I could to the other side (fish showing over there) but because I don't have any pellets/boilies to put into a bag or make a stick mix with, it's just on it's own. Should I leave the rod with the zig rig on out over night or should I switch to fishing the bottom when it gets dark? Oh and these adjustable zig rigs are a real ball ache, after the first cast it all went down hill, the hook link got tangled around the lead and float 6 times before I got it to sit correctly in the water lol 

Just a little update, I've been destroyed by bream, my carp cradle, net, sling and clothes are covered in slime. I've lost count how many of them I've caught but I'd say 4lb was the average and the biggest was 7lb 3oz. Last night was manic, I switched over to a size 6 with an 18mm pop up topped off with a piece of plastic maize and I was still bringing them in, sadly no carp lol! Gonna call it a day soon and go home and get some sleep haha. 

2 hours ago, muftyboy said:

At least you know your rigs are working lol

Yeah mate lol just a shame I didn't catch any carp, but I really did enjoy it so that's all that matters. Next time I go there I'm going to try a different approach, vitalin and maize is a big no no haha

On 16 July 2017 at 14:14, muftyboy said:

My lake is similar mate.

I use vitalin alot. 

Some days it's just bream after bream but others it seems if the carp are on it they muscle out the bream.

At least you had the excitement of the bite alarms singing. 

I found that on Ardleigh, I could get bream after bream some nights, yet others it was carp or two to start, then nothing else all night long.

Just now, carpmachine said:

Bad luck Nick, mussels are us.

Think I might have been abraded by crayfish and gravel on the line. Fished the same spot last week, all I got back in the morning was a ball of cotton wool wrapped around the hook.

Had the fish on for a couple of minutes, felt it come away from the overhanging tree, then 'twang'.

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Think I might have been abraded by crayfish and gravel on the line. Fished the same spot last week, all I got back in the morning was a ball of cotton wool wrapped around the hook.

Had the fish on for a couple of minutes, felt it come away from the overhanging tree, then 'twang'.

image.jpeg

My god, my car must be clean to have gotten that reflection!:shock:

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd give this a bump again as I'm out fishing tomorrow.

There's 2 maybe 3 waters I'm going to look at tomorrow, which ever one I see fish on I'm going to fish.

I've gotten everything ready to be packed in the car tomorrow after I've taken the little one to school, then I'm back early on Thursday morning.

The weather is looking wet so at least it won't be cold. 

What ever happens, I'm going to enjoy it regardless :)

31 minutes ago, Gazlaaar said:

I thought I'd give this a bump again as I'm out fishing tomorrow.

There's 2 maybe 3 waters I'm going to look at tomorrow, which ever one I see fish on I'm going to fish.

I've gotten everything ready to be packed in the car tomorrow after I've taken the little one to school, then I'm back early on Thursday morning.

The weather is looking wet so at least it won't be cold. 

What ever happens, I'm going to enjoy it regardless :)

Good luck fella :D