A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

fishing the same swim as last time gaz? good luck any way

Yes mate, it's the one I'm concentrating all of my efforts on, I've seen and heard more fish in this area than anywhere else. Put it this way, and I know it goes against the grain, but I'd need a really good reason to fish anywhere else on the pit, you can just feel it in the pit of your stomach :)

Yes mate, it's the one I'm concentrating all of my efforts on, I've seen and heard more fish in this area than anywhere else. Put it this way, and I know it goes against the grain, but I'd need a really good reason to fish anywhere else on the pit, you can just feel it in the pit of your stomach :)

doing the same sort of strategy myself ,i can get at the pre baited area from 3 swims without disturbing anyone ,im baiting from a double swim in the middle, into 2 separate areas (baiting with an idea from you , spreading the bait about a little bit rather than concentrated)1 at the left and 1 at the right of the swim then if the middle is taken i can still fish one rod on the edge of a baited area " well thats the plan for now anyway ,mondays the next outing ,baits prep'd and waiting  :mrgreen: and fermenting nicely !

doing the same sort of strategy myself ,i can get at the pre baited area from 3 swims without disturbing anyone ,im baiting from a double swim in the middle, into 2 separate areas (baiting with an idea from you , spreading the bait about a little bit rather than concentrated)1 at the left and 1 at the right of the swim then if the middle is taken i can still fish one rod on the edge of a baited area " well thats the plan for now anyway ,mondays the next outing ,baits prep'd and waiting :mrgreen: and fermenting nicely !

Just stick to your plan, and tweak if need be,

Next session plans

To change round the baiting up, I have been putting in a kilo of bait before I fish every session so far, so now I'm just going to fish and do the baiting when I'm done.

It's gone into the areas for 7 or 8 weeks now and I think it's enough to see me through. I may up the baiting a bit, I'm not sure yet, I'll see how it feels.

I've gone back to 20 millers just for hookbaits and slightly longer rigs.

Now I'm starting to think about winter coming I've got a couple of bits to get, nothing major but I want to be prepared :)

doing the same sort of strategy myself ,i can get at the pre baited area from 3 swims without disturbing anyone ,im baiting from a double swim in the middle, into 2 separate areas (baiting with an idea from you , spreading the bait about a little bit rather than concentrated)1 at the left and 1 at the right of the swim then if the middle is taken i can still fish one rod on the edge of a baited area " well thats the plan for now anyway ,mondays the next outing ,baits prep'd and waiting :mrgreen: and fermenting nicely !

Just for the record

I'd like to hear about your exploits, it sounds like you have a challenge ahead :)

not sure if this is really the right place but !

aye just a bit  gaz :wink:  !  cant do interactive bank though im a bit of a technophobe and only do dumb phones  :mrgreen: ,im just really getting a feel for the place, though ive spent a fair while just looking around before the fishing started ! ( i was hoping to start around may/june but building work unexpectedly started and i had to delay) and i have settled on an area that i know has and does produce fish occasionally " recon im wearing a trapper badge :P " pretty much agree with whats been said about baits by yourself and big common and settled on particles " as ive a  lot of confidence in them from when i last fished for carp 30 odd years back and happy to stick with them for the duration plus its a big water with little pressure on the carp "or other species"from large quantities of boillies or other hnv baits so its natural ish ,whether this is the right approach or not time will tell ! theory behind the particles is i  can use a variety of particle hook baits  or fish a nut based boillie over the top (so it has a link to the basic background taste) giving a bait size the fish are used to ! im pre baiting twice a week regularly with about 1.5kg each time and generally trying to fish the morning and day after the pre bait and putting in about 1/2 a kg on each spot on leaving !  

its taken a couple of sessions to get the feel of the tackle again so it becomes second nature ,and something i dont have to think about !,(i spent a day on a commercial just to give me a day casting,baiting up and handling fish again which helped ),its getting closer now to the stage where i can start thinking of doing a few over nighters ,im fortunate that i can get out mid week as despite the size of the water there are very few accessible swims and im limited due to a few mobility issues 

i will get there eventually no major rush ,im just enjoying being back on the water fishing for carp again.im having another session monday and ill get out later in the week as well ,each time out gets better and i discover something new and fresh about the water