A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

No such thing as a hard lake these days Gary..apparently.

Just another false pb mob :wink:

I couldn't get any of the line you recommended in time, but I did go down to 12lb in my line, I'm now getting all the way across, so that was another bonus from yesterday. I do need a pair of chest waders, I'm sick of getting the twins wet, and it's getting colder now lol

So hopefully waders next week, I've settled in quite nicely now, so full steam ahead as far as I'm concerned :)

Edited by Gazlaaar

I had a strong wind coming in from left to right, and I actually used it a bit to carry the spomb that bit further. Tough going, but the casting is getting easier and easier, I quite like the challenge of it all. I think it's a difficult water, theres not many carp that come out during the year let alone the original stock, but I think that's my next target, one of the original fish. I don't care how long it takes I just love being on that water, :)

finally home with number two in the bag, pretty common with alternate black and silver scales, low double around 13.5.

didnt bag a 30+ but their is always next time :lol:

both fish came out to SSP baits system x boilies in beige gravel, one snowman stylie with a cut down hi viz pink pop up and one wafter style with a cork insert over prodigy baits particle mix

like gaz i was packing up in the rain after using the new bivvy for the first time, damn i need some practice :)

i also need to cut down on the cr ap i take with me, two barrow loads pushed over 700 yards in the rain is no joke at my age.

#feelinold :wink:

blame Gaz for the outbreak of hashtags :lol:

Cross winds make a huge difference mate .

I'm positive that so many people including some on here who say they can cast a baited rig 100 yards plus just arn't doing so . I would love to get some of them on a social & clip them up at over 25 wraps & see if they can really hit the clip . I personally think a huge percentage wouldn't be able to even though they say they can .

finally home with number two in the bag, pretty common with alternate black and silver scales, low double around 13.5.

didnt bag a 30+ but their is always next time :lol:

both fish came out to SSP baits system x boilies in beige gravel, one snowman stylie with a cut down hi viz pink pop up and one wafter style with a cork insert over prodigy baits particle mix

like gaz i was packing up in the rain after using the new bivvy for the first time, damn i need some practice :)

i also need to cut down on the cr ap i take with me, two barrow loads pushed over 700 yards in the rain is no joke at my age.

#feelinold :wink:

blame Gaz for the outbreak of hashtags :lol:

I'll take a picture of all of my gear I take when I get a chance, I think I'm the only angler who's whole ethos is to my his time the easiest it can be.

#stripitdown lol

Cross winds make a huge difference mate .

I'm positive that so many people including some on here who say they can cast a baited rig 100 yards plus just arn't doing so . I would love to get some of them on a social & clip them up at over 25 wraps & see if they can really hit the clip . I personally think a huge percentage wouldn't be able to even though they say they can .

I purchased a pair of Shimano Velocity Rods especially for this pit, I did measure a cast a few weeks ago before I really started casting and that was 25 wraps.

I purposefully use a 20mm bait because I can clearly see if it's tangled or not, I've shortened my rigs by a couple of inches, because I think longer rigs just cause to much drag. If I needed any further I'd have to start using dumbells.

I worked really hard at getting my casting up to scratch, I would say now 100 yards is a comfortable range for me, whereas before, I could get just beyond but it was a struggle. I was amazed the difference the rods made to be honest, especially when you really lean into it. It's funny because, you know when you've done a good cast, everything just feels right, I liken it to a peachy shot at the driving range. The sound of the rod is just different, softer rods you get that whipping high pitched sound, the velocity's just sound deeper and a bit more solid, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Gazlaaar

I purchased a pair of Shimano Velocity Rods especially for this pit, I did measure a cast a few weeks ago before I really started casting and that was 25 wraps.

I purposefully use a 20mm bait because I can clearly see if it's tangled or not, I've shortened my rigs by a couple of inches, because I think longer rigs just cause to much drag. If I needed any further I'd have to start using dumbells.

I worked really hard at getting my casting up to scratch, I would say now 100 yards is a comfortable range for me, whereas before, I could get just beyond but it was a struggle. I was amazed the difference the rods made to be honest, especially when you really lean into it. It's funny because, you know when you've done a good cast, everything just feels right, I liken it to a peachy shot at the driving range. The sound of the rod is just different, softer rods you get that whipping high pitched sound, the velocity's just sound deeper and a bit more solid, if you know what I mean.

rods make a huge difference.

I can hit 40 wraps with my free spirit 13fters can't get anywhere near that with my torrix .