A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

Ive made a couple of tweaks for this weeks session.

I've taken all the 20 millers out and bulked up with smaller 12 and 15mm baits.

20160922_163409_zpsj9lqstoa.jpg

And now I'll be using tigers on one rod and 15mm boilies on the other.

20160919_161634_zpsiqgvj4n8.jpg

I'm going to start bringing the two spots closer together over the next few weeks, to with in 20 yards of each other, then fish a hookbait either side of the baited area.

Again, this isn't a short term plan, in fact the left hand rod will be staying where it was but I'll be moving the right hand rod over.

The pellets have been absolutely saturated in liquids, their fit to burst.

Ooo I also have the years first box of mince pies ready for the session tomorrow :)

Edited by Gazlaaar

Must admit, being a bit of a loaner, I do enjoy winter fishing. The summer hoards dwindle leaving a robin or two as bankside company. The blokes that do stick it out tend to be of a certain mindset and are easy to be around.

The lake reveals a few more secrets as weed beds and bankside foliage shrink. And the fish?... A few pounds heavier, full and healthy. They look immense in their dark honey coats. I always feel privelleged to catch them in winter wondering, "how many people have clapped eyes on you in January". It's like someone telling you a secret.

Love winter fish, frost on the ground, too cold for many, biting wind, hide away with a hot coffee, bit of me that is!

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Ive made a couple of tweaks for this weeks session.

I've taken all the 20 millers out and bulked up with smaller 12 and 15mm baits.

20160922_163409_zpsj9lqstoa.jpg

And now I'll be using tigers on one rod and 15mm boilies on the other.

20160919_161634_zpsiqgvj4n8.jpg

I'm going to start bringing the two spots closer together over the next few weeks, to with in 20 yards of each other, then fish a hookbait either side of the baited area.

Again, this isn't a short term plan, in fact the left hand rod will be staying where it was but I'll be moving the right hand rod over.

The pellets have been absolutely saturated in liquids, their fit to burst.

Ooo I also have the years first box of mince pies ready for the session tomorrow :)

Why take out the 20mm? Oh mince pies! God almighty

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Must admit, being a bit of a loaner, I do enjoy winter fishing. The summer hoards dwindle leaving a robin or two as bankside company. The blokes that do stick it out tend to be of a certain mindset and are easy to be around.

The lake reveals a few more secrets as weed beds and bankside foliage shrink. And the fish?... A few pounds heavier, full and healthy. They look immense in their dark honey coats. I always feel privelleged to catch them in winter wondering, "how many people have clapped eyes on you in January". It's like someone telling you a secret.

Quite beautifully put. Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk