bluebell lakes peterborough... stanwick lakes northampton

Stanwick is a great place, worth a few runs too and some corkers and plenty of new PBs for you in there, also it is run by sound guys and the regular lads are first class, usually a good atmosphere and plenty of different situations to keep you busy. Excellent stalking venue and most things work.

• 4 months later...

In December 09 the Bluebell web site says.

"We believe that Bluebell Lakes is the also the only fishery in the country with two 60lb fish, ‘Benson’ and ‘The Creature’ with several back up fish from 40lb to high 50lband a massive number or carp for 20lb to 30lb"

Is this a fair representation of the fishery?

Now that bluebells two main stars are dead some people may not be tempted, ive fished it a few times, what im not keen on is that its a very hard water to fish in the summer not alone in the winter, tony who owns it has lost two of its main fish and the prices for winter are still the same as those in the summer :?::?::?: do you members think some waters should have a small reduction in the winter months :?:

Think the site was amended immediately - Tony told all anglers on the lake on the day and the site had a news flash on it, it was certainly no secret and made national news - where were you? :lol:

Anyway I think you were probably looking at the piece about bluebell on the fisheries website - not the official site: http://www.bluebell-lakes.co.uk/ :wink:

Still loads of absolute crackers in there! How many 30's, 40's and 50's do you want in a venue - any run could be the fish of a lifetime - so I suppose it justifys the prices and I've seen much more expensive places too. Also a good chance of a huge catfish to maybe 100+ if that takes your fancy?

Stanwick appeals to me aswell - I'll do a session on Elsons next year - been meaning to for years! :D

£27.50 for three rods in the winter, the same price as the summer, on a what i'd say was a very hard water in the summer, and the price has'nt come down :roll::roll: think id sooner fish two nights on elsons for £36, ask phil and he may even say you can do the 48hr for £30, also i think the reason why benson [really hedges] death has'nt been removed from there web page is to draw a few still innocent anglers into the bluebell web :lol:

£27.50 for three rods in the winter, the same price as the summer, on a what i'd say was a very hard water in the summer, and the price has'nt come down :roll::roll: think id sooner fish two nights on elsons for £36, ask phil and he may even say you can do the 48hr for £30, also i think the reason why benson [really hedges] death has'nt been removed from there web page is to draw a few still innocent anglers into the bluebell web :lol:

Lets not go down that road :lol::lol:

I spernt 3 yrs on bluebell lakes,2 of those yrs were on the ARC as a member before tony made it a day ticket water.Its a beautiful fishery well maintained and access is very good.

Bluebell lake is advertised as a coarse fishery but still holds several 30s and lots of back up 20s as well as very big tench and bream.

Ok i agree its an expensive place to visit but if your looking for that special fish whatever species that may be id recommend it.Benson and the Creature may have gone but there are still some serious lumps swimming in the lakes

i know josh :) ive been there twice and dont think i'll be returning, theres some lovely looking fish in the complex, but for £27.50 for three rods it should have :shock: plenty of lakes as good if not better and far cheaper to go too, going to put my name down for roman next year :D proper water and only £300 a season