bluebell lakes peterborough... stanwick lakes northampton

i know josh :) ive been there twice and dont think i'll be returning, theres some lovely looking fish in the complex, but for £27.50 for three rods it should have :shock: plenty of lakes as good if not better and far cheaper to go too, going to put my name down for roman next year :D proper water and only £300 a season

By better I take it you mean easier? Kingy alone has 6 40's and absolutely loads of 30's its not easy coz they've seen it all before but who wants it easy anyway?

For a day ticket water the stock is amazing and therefore it justifies the price - I'd rather it was cheaper, but when 1 in 2 fish is a 30 you know its worth the price - well worth the odd visit anyway.

You could be waiting many years for a Roman ticket and is the stock similar? My names been down for ages as it looks a decent enough venue but I cant recall the stock being nearly as good from what I've read, and I dont expect to be offered a ticket for years, by which time Bluebell will probably have done 60's again :lol:

Kingy is being netted to remove silvers this winter that would be fantastic to witness and could throw up a few surprises - wish I could go :D

Got to say i agree with you Kev, its a expensive session yes but you cant grumble with the fish that are in ther what so ever. Its a nice place too, decent pegs ( well most) and are left to it which is what i like, ive only been there once but im sure there will be a couple more visits there over the years. Wont be buying a breakfast there next time though :lol::wink:

i know what your saying kev about being a hard water,thats not my arguement, my arguement is theres no syndicate waters at bluebell, which to me is a bit of a money spin, i was working out the other day roughly how many hours a year i fish on average, i'd say i fish 20 out of the 52 weekends easily, can you imagine if i was to go there and pay for 480 hrs at 27.50 per 24hrs :cry: i hope you aint had the wrong idea about me winging because i did'nt catch anything there, its a beut complex with some lovely specimens in there, but for me as in my point its just a bit too rich on the price scale at 27.50 for a 24hr session :wink:

Dont think its quite that expensive - maybe 750 - 850 for the Gold Membership could have gone up in price since then?

Can also get a cheaper mid week ticket

I think ringstead / crackers meadow and RH fisheries are probably more expensive - You might find that Bluebell is pretty well priced considering its stock when compared to other waters.

I'll just stick to doing odd sessions - it suits me :wink: