Dark matter putty or dark arts?

Right I blanked but sadly I spent most of the night with a rig with no bait on and one probably 7 inches of the deck, one of my rigs the d rig kicker had snapped/been cut on the d rig, and one had no putty, I recast them this morning and in the wind one went right but got an ish drop so I left it while I sorted the other two rods. Had a couple of bleeps and I wanted it right so brought it in and guess what no putty again, (weed free too) 

So my question crayfish or does dark matter rig putty just fall off? one thing is certain I am going back to tungsten weights on my booms, don't know why I stopped really, putty is so unreliable in comparison. 

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Right I blanked but sadly I spent most of the night with a rig with no bait on and one probably 7 inches of the deck, one of my rigs the d rig kicker had snapped/been cut on the d rig, and one had no putty, I recast them this morning and in the wind one went right but got an ish drop so I left it while I sorted the other two rods. Had a couple of bleeps and I wanted it right so brought it in and guess what no putty again, (weed free too) 

So my question crayfish or does dark matter rig putty just fall off? one thing is certain I am going back to tungsten weights on my booms, don't know why I stopped really, putty is so unreliable in comparison. 

Crayfish love putty, they chew tungsten putty and tubing for fun.

Like you I try to avoid putty anywhere crayfish are present, so for balancing pop-ups I went back to olivettes, either small inline threaded and fixed on boom sections or 'lock and slide' olivettes with a piece of silicon or shrink tubing fixing them.

In terms of putty, I still use Kryston Heavy Metal, once tried never beaten. I bought a tub around 2008 for Brackens on Nazeing, I finally had to buy a new tub this year.

Dave Chilton did say that the make-up was lost by Tasker (?), so he had to go and get it redone for them. It is as good as it was, so it's still my goto.

I do use a bit of putty moulded around a swivel or knot join on combi-rig pop-ups when no crayfish are about, and you can get away with it on silty areas as they don't usually feed on there.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Crayfish love putty, they chew tungsten putty and tubing for fun.

Like you I try to avoid putty anywhere crayfish are present, so for balancing pop-ups I went back to olivettes, either small inline threaded and fixed on boom sections or 'lock and slide' olivettes with a piece of silicon or shrink tubing fixing them.

In terms of putty, I still use Kryston Heavy Metal, once tried never beaten. I bought a tub around 2008 for Brackens on Nazeing, I finally had to buy a new tub this year.

Dave Chilton did say that the make-up was lost by Tasker (?), so he had to go and get it redone for them. It is as good as it was, so it's still my goto.

I do use a bit of putty moulded around a swivel or knot join on combi-rig pop-ups when no crayfish are about, and you can get away with it on silty areas as they don't usually feed on there.

Im with you on the Kryston heavy putty and i would of bought mine about 2010, still got a bit left

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I've spoke to someone who knows it inside out and he doesn't think it is the krays, but could be small catfish and eels. Could've been anything I guess, I was putting putty on the krimps so should have held OK. Back to the tungsten sinkers I think. I've not had one of those go missing yet 😂

You could try a stop knot to give the putty something to bite into 

did you warm it up enough ?

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Mentioned them before:

https://gardnertackle.co.uk/product/covert-tungsten-kickers/

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've spoke to someone who knows it inside out and he doesn't think it is the krays, but could be small catfish and eels. Could've been anything I guess, I was putting putty on the krimps so should have held OK. Back to the tungsten sinkers I think. I've not had one of those go missing yet 😂

Definately not Ronnie and Reggie .

😁