Loading line onto reels.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Only thing that puts me off is you are putting all your line through a metal hole and I would worry about it damaging the line, would probably be OK but I don't want to chance it 😳

Like a hook or swivel ? lol

but I see what you mean 👍

8 hours ago, commonly said:

Loading the reel is the easy bit.

It takes 10 times longer, getting the old stuff off.

Taking it off by hand is therapeutic.

Old line spool and put it on that, and easy to return to Tackle shops in Anglers National Line Recycling Scheme.

https://www.anglers-nlrs.co.uk/

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

You got a drill? 

https://www.carpspirit.com/product/d-spool-stripper/0 p} 

Makes life so much easier 

I tried using a drill, and various ways and things to wind it onto, and with the stop start and constant having to untangle or untwist it went back to by hand

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Taking it off by hand is therapeutic.

Old line spool and put it on that, and easy to return to Tackle shops in Anglers National Line Recycling Scheme.

https://www.anglers-nlrs.co.uk/

I tried using a drill, and various ways and things to wind it onto, and with the stop start and constant having to untangle or untwist it went back to by hand

Nope it's a chore.

And this makes it much easier, then I just drill it off, take off the top of it, slide it off and put it in a bag and take it to the tackle shop, you just can't set your drill on turbo mode and it doesn't tangle. 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Nope it's a chore.

And this makes it much easier, then I just drill it off, take off the top of it, slide it off and put it in a bag and take it to the tackle shop, you just can't set your drill on turbo mode and it doesn't tangle. 

Seriously I find taking line off relaxing, I can slow down and actually watch something on television, usually natural history or a documentary, or even Whitehouse and Mortimer.

I must admit I do try to put the job off for as long as possible but partly because I know that I've got 300metres on each spool...

With my health problems maybe I have learnt to enjoy everything that I can do.

22 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Seriously I find taking line off relaxing, I can slow down and actually watch something on television, usually natural history or a documentary, or even Whitehouse and Mortimer.

I must admit I do try to put the job off for as long as possible but partly because I know that I've got 300metres on each spool...

With my health problems maybe I have learnt to enjoy everything that I can do.

Hmm, might have to send you 4 spools from my reels with return postage ha ha just been trying to take line of by hand, not happening