Spam Bomb

Sad to say on Monday 11th March Carp.com was hit with a 'spam bomb', loads of private messages from new members sent to members for obscene websites.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to report it, as it was done from a series of usernames.

Hopefully the moderators and myself have banned them all, but if anymore do show up again, please report the message or post.

4 hours ago, barry211 said:

got a lovely message but how do i report it?

Message me the username.

1 hour ago, framey said:

I got one can’t delete messages lol

You should be able to delete messages:

Check box on left, and delete

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya salokcinnodrog, it's been many many years since I have even done any fishing I used to fish away matches many years ago with this group lol (won one match) anyway what's brought me back? I keep getting spam emails

from this site to my registered email address linked to here, I bet you already know what it contains, so no point writing it here, why don't you use a spambot from the dev site "Invision Community" there will be a hack to stop this kind of spamming. 

Anyway it's nice to visit the site again..........😅

Audi

14 hours ago, welder said:

I've deleted and banned a couple myself, Nick.

Ian

Thank you.

At one point 200 members names were online, all girls names with 4number endings and I had to go through banning the lot.

If you see any more come up with emails ending in tzctt.com, vfdd.com or similar hit the spammer button.

As I mentioned above, they have multiple IP's, not all high risk countries.

On 06/04/2024 at 08:22, salokcinnodrog said:

Thank you.

At one point 200 members names were online, all girls names with 4number endings and I had to go through banning the lot.

If you see any more come up with emails ending in tzctt.com, vfdd.com or similar hit the spammer button.

As I mentioned above, they have multiple IP's, not all high risk countries.

Hi Nick 

How do I delete these spam messages from my " Messages " please ? .

The ones I get to my personal email address I can mark as spam , but I don't want these " offers " staying in my Messages .

Ta 

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Nick 

How do I delete these spam messages from my " Messages " please ? .

The ones I get to my personal email address I can mark as spam , but I don't want these " offers " staying in my Messages .

Ta 

You should be able to delete messages:

Check box on left, and delete