New purchases

B B

41 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

All dogs I've had go nuts as soon as the first tackle item comes out the cupboard, they know were off on an adventure 😎👍

100%, think it is the Adventure side of it, something different. 

Maybe a long day session in few weeks, but my uncle asked if want a 48hr for his birthday in September. 

On 24/07/2024 at 12:05, kevtaylor said:

All dogs I've had go nuts as soon as the first tackle item comes out the cupboard, they know were off on an adventure 😎👍

Sky lies at the top of the stairs up to my flat while I take all the gear down and load the car, and is ready to get straight in while I do my last minute lock up checks.

Samsung phone mount, to replace the one I broke last week

20240724_140512.jpg

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20240724_162729.thumb.jpg.a8ddea3bf1b95ab0fbaea8cb259b53f2.jpg

Just looking back at some old pics, turns out my halo game is pretty strong. 

You look like the saint. 🤔  surprised you got a big halo Elmo must have cursed a bit when you fell on your tackle, any luck replacing it  ?

1 hour ago, B B said:

You look like the saint. 🤔  surprised you got a big halo Elmo must have cursed a bit when you fell on your tackle, any luck replacing it  ?

I am the saint 😇

Still not decided what to do with it all at the moment I've got two pairs of rods and reels, I can get by mainly using the 9fters for most of my fishing but I'm not enjoying the emblems that much, the drag isn't the best and the line keeps getting caught under the spool, and finding one at a reasonable price isn't easy, was thinking I might sell the emblems buy another xtractor and get some smaller okumas, sell the other rods too and maybe just buy one more 8k and some distance rods for when I need some beef 

It's either that or just sell the lot and buy 3 decent rods and an 8k lol 

On 25/07/2024 at 00:34, elmoputney said:

I am the saint 😇

Still not decided what to do with it all at the moment I've got two pairs of rods and reels, I can get by mainly using the 9fters for most of my fishing but I'm not enjoying the emblems that much, the drag isn't the best and the line keeps getting caught under the spool, and finding one at a reasonable price isn't easy, was thinking I might sell the emblems buy another xtractor and get some smaller okumas, sell the other rods too and maybe just buy one more 8k and some distance rods for when I need some beef 

It's either that or just sell the lot and buy 3 decent rods and an 8k lol 

Having spend the weekend blanking I decided I quite like the emblems I like the clicky noise 😂

Although they aren't as good as the okuma 8k, I think I've decided the extractors are also a bit of a toy rod compared to a 12ft rod, I think I am going to sell all my rods and reels (apart from the 8k) buy another 8k and some 12ft 3.5lb tc free spirit helicals even upgrading my spod rod, they will probably work well enough as an all rounder, then stop dicking around and start a little baiting campaign around the lake in one or two quiet swims and start catching again. Simple stuff really 😂

Oops, just ended up buying more RH Nutty Bait.

I've still got around 5k in freezer, and 7/8k of shelf life's, but I can feel a big baitup coming on.

I also ended up with some 15mm pink Nutty Bait, 12mm Monster Crab pop-ups and some Naturalz for barbel and chub.

4 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Yeah mate I think they are the same lol, it's a nice burner you can open it right up it goes turbo 🤣 but probably not very efficient on the gas lol 

13 hours ago, framey said:

Apparently waterproof 

Think my Txi'ds are 2 and ½ years old now, been out in some serious weather, plenty of rain, and extreme heat. About the only thing they haven't been subjected to is cold weather as I haven't done much winter carping for a while, its been no fishing or pike.

I've replaced the receiver battery twice, and just gotten the low battery warning on 2 of the alarms, so I really must dig the new Duracell Pro batteries  out of the kitchen draw.

15 hours ago, jh92 said:

20240722_094409.thumb.jpg.cfd486f2e2a18be43880b414866c211e.jpg

Folds up into the little box 👍

£19 for the stove and shield 👍

I've got the one that puts out just a single flame not the 3. Been a good little cooker so far if you use the flame correctly.

Screenshot_2024-07-31-11-18-10-44_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.09e3ca071ecdf198870917ea83ea9f92.jpg

Turn it right up and it's like a jet engine. Had it for over 6 months.

£21 for 6 big cans. 

Screenshot_2024-07-31-11-14-46-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.9222d7042fa9bc808ff25801ef8c31f7.jpg

Mine also came with a adapter to use the skinny gas cans

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Think my Txi'ds are 2 and ½ years old now, been out in some serious weather, plenty of rain, and extreme heat. About the only thing they haven't been subjected to is cold weather as I haven't done much winter carping for a while, its been no fishing or pike.

I've replaced the receiver battery twice, and just gotten the low battery warning on 2 of the alarms, so I really must dig the new Duracell Pro batteries  out of the kitchen draw.

And you had no problem with your last set.

but,

there is obviously a problem as plenty say about it past and present and they obviously think there is a problem or they wouldn’t need to address it.