anyone used NGT ITEMS ANY GOOD OR RUBBISH ????

On 06/10/2023 at 14:38, godfrey said:

Just bought 18 ...20lb size 6 hook hair rigs. The first one..hook bent by fish....lost it. 2nd one lost fish knot at swivel hook came undone...lost fish.

Remaining 16 going in the bin.

AVOID

The only Decent NGT product is probably there carryalls and the stalker rod 👍

As above, I have a bag that's lasted well. 

Tungsten putty is £1 cheaper than usual. Same with sinkers. Can't notice any difference. 

I've never used ready tied rigs.

I'd suggest it's time to start tying your own, or buy from the the top brands I guess?????

It's far more rewarding catching on your own rig imo.

Good luck whatever you choose 

On 06/10/2023 at 14:38, godfrey said:

Just bought 18 ...20lb size 6 hook hair rigs. The first one..hook bent by fish....lost it. 2nd one lost fish knot at swivel hook came undone...lost fish.

Remaining 16 going in the bin.

AVOID

I've lost fish on a bad knot I've tied, or more correctly hadn't checked the rig after landing a 20lb fish on it and just recast the same rig.

That's MY fault, I knew who to blame.

I choose my own hooks, I use the right strength, pattern for the waters I fish. I know how strong they are, whether they open out, break or flex.

Unless you are physically disabled tie your own rigs, that way you know what hook, the hook knot or swivel knot is good and even the length is right.

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've lost fish on a bad knot I've tied, or more correctly hadn't checked the rig after landing a 20lb fish on it and just recast the same rig.

That's MY fault, I knew who to blame.

I choose my own hooks, I use the right strength, pattern for the waters I fish. I know how strong they are, whether they open out, break or flex.

Unless you are physically disabled tie your own rigs, that way you know what hook, the hook knot or swivel knot is good and even the length is right.

Couldn’t think of anything worse than loosing a fish on a hook tied by someone else 

I wouldn’t even let my best friend tie my knots and he’s an angler 

18 hours ago, B B said:

My mate got the NGT Korda lookalike tackle box and it’s stood the test of time 

IMG_0450.jpeg

I had one of those but couldn't get enough stuff in it was pretty good though, I now have a korda tackle box much better size for all the toot I think I need to take bit in reality seldom use whilst fishing 😂

They also do a big one which I bought but that wasn't good. 

Brew kit bag is a useful lil bag I keep my camera and lights and powerbank type stuff in it. 

16970429563695678344803329517992.thumb.jpg.1a31d6adcd894e0aab3d11e6b1d2e5fc.jpg

26 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I had one of those but couldn't get enough stuff in it was pretty good though, I now have a korda tackle box much better size for all the toot I think I need to take bit in reality seldom use whilst fishing 😂

Funny how different we all are.

I think it’s the perfect size lol

holds just enough of everything I might need as spares 

I take a clam shell box onto the bank with me

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

had one of those but couldn't get enough stuff in it

I can get most of my terminal bits and bobs in there but for the rest I got the Korda bag with the pop in tray, tackle box fits snugly on top 

I got a small bag I put my electrical gear in, camera, head, torch, power bank and a iPad sometimes. This bag cost me well under a £10er from lidl, or was it Aldi  🤔

@framey if you put both tackle box’s side by side theirs not much difference in them as you said the Korda feels nicer to the touch.

IMG_7159.jpeg

• 2 months later...