Spawning 2023

Carpbell3

6 hours ago, Carpbell3 said:

List em if you know em Ecton is closed next week for three weeks 

That's come round early .

It was 20th May last year on ours, but they are still holding back this year.

I know a few other waters locally have started though.

This year has surprised me, really expected late spawning as spring has been cold IMO but here we are.

Was at a deep pit last week and even there some of the small carp started having a go - yet night temps were like 4 degrees and day temps weren't very high either, water felt warmer than expected though!

Any news on bluebell would be welcome I really need to get to a decent runs water that allow dogs, even my non angling mates are ripping me ain't had a fish since last summer.

So annoying when you are on a proper hard water and those that don't fish chip an opinionin, seem to think I would be super thrilled to net a 10 lber, one  dudes pb who used to fish is a 16lb common, cheeky git.

On 24/05/2023 at 12:07, Carpbell3 said:

Any news on bluebell would be welcome I really need to get to a decent runs water that allow dogs, even my non angling mates are ripping me ain't had a fish since last summer.

So annoying when you are on a proper hard water and those that don't fish chip an opinionin, seem to think I would be super thrilled to net a 10 lber, one  dudes pb who used to fish is a 16lb common, cheeky git.

Follow bailliff Trev on Instagram, he does a daily update on swim availability etc.

Just part of Sandmartin and Swan closed at the moment as far as I know.

GAPS lakes (Great Blakenham and Needham Market, Suffolk) - Causeway and Alderson - both shut for spawning

CAPS lakes (Essex) - Bovington 1 & 2 - closed, spawning

Inworth 1 - closed, spawning

Layer pit - closed, spawning

Snake Pit, closed, spawning

Other CAPS lakes remain open for now (at 230530) as follows

Brakes long and round lakes (these probably last to go due to depths up to 55 feet)

Brookhall

Inworth 2

Lodge Farm

Olivers

Prestons (avoid fishing margins as carp are beginning to spawn close in.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I've knocked it on head now until 17th June, also family holiday to Turkey on Sunday. 

Same as can't really do overnight for a few weeks so may as well save a few bob instead of chasing spawning fish, deffo a visit to bluebells before the end of June.

Just waiting on her op results there's me getting ready to complain about the wait for results, they have to grow the sample to see what's what before radiotherapy surgeon was positive didn't need to remove as many lymph nodes as first thought.

7 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Same as can't really do overnight for a few weeks so may as well save a few bob instead of chasing spawning fish, deffo a visit to bluebells before the end of June.

Could've gone tonight, but I'll help with the packing of cases 🙃🙃

7 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Just waiting on her op results there's me getting ready to complain about the wait for results, they have to grow the sample to see what's what before radiotherapy surgeon was positive didn't need to remove as many lymph nodes as first thought.

Hope all goes well 🤞

23 minutes ago, Carpbell3 said:

Hope it all goes well 

On 24/05/2023 at 11:33, kevtaylor said:

This year has surprised me, really expected late spawning as spring has been cold IMO but here we are.

Was at a deep pit last week and even there some of the small carp started having a go - yet night temps were like 4 degrees and day temps weren't very high either, water felt warmer than expected though!

I wonder how many places people think they are spawning when they are not. 

These North Quarter winds and temperatures not reaching 18⁰C are holding the fish back in my syndicate, and it is 1st June. They are full, and looking spawny, but nowhere near the known spawning areas, although a few males are hanging around the edges. I don't think that they will feed properly either until spawned.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I wonder how many places people think they are spawning when they are not. 

These North Quarter winds and temperatures not reaching 18⁰C are holding the fish back in my syndicate, and it is 1st June. They are full, and looking spawny, but nowhere near the known spawning areas, although a few males are hanging around the edges. I don't think that they will feed properly either until spawned.

Yes it's very tempting to go before the closures but I can't see them feeding whilst in limbo but you never know.  The bigger fish prob won't even think about it until the little uns have got it done.

Could go this weekend potentially but just not sure if worth it.  Temps have been very low in the Midlands this week.

• 2 weeks later...

We had ours start last Monday, groups were backwards and forwards until yesterday.

The syndicate reopens tomorrow, but I reckon the fish will go again while the heat holds. We've been told not to fish the area if they do go again.

29 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

We had ours start last Monday, groups were backwards and forwards until yesterday.

The syndicate reopens tomorrow, but I reckon the fish will go again while the heat holds. We've been told not to fish the area if they do go again.

13 minutes ago, B B said:

My syndicate was up and running last Friday some carp came out over the weekend, I think il give it another week tho. 

A few more waters in North West have gone for the 2nd time from yesterday....

I'm (so far) out Saturday for 24hr....