Trakker, fox or carp porter

Seemed to get away with it so far, she went out delivery turned up, went out again got to have a little play well impressed so far tbh 😂

And so was the dog 😬

I can get the water bottle in the front pannier, I can get all my tackle and bits  in the bag with room for loads of of other bits (probably 2 smaller buckets for bait) 🙄, I can feel a declutter coming on seemed sturdy enough, one thing I liked 4 screws on the handles so they aren't just done up in one place, hopefully that should mean less flex, I'm pleased with it anyway, mobility isn't something that's done in that lake very often, I think It may help me find more chances if I can fish off the barrow, and I won't get anymore punctures in my car 

IMG_20220326_163234.thumb.jpg.b3926107e98f5f637da8c11ca119484e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 17:06, elmoputney said:

Seemed to get away with it so far, she went out delivery turned up, went out again got to have a little play well impressed so far tbh 😂

And so was the dog 😬

I can get the water bottle in the front pannier, I can get all my tackle and bits  in the bag with room for loads of of other bits (probably 2 smaller buckets for bait) 🙄, I can feel a declutter coming on seemed sturdy enough, one thing I liked 4 screws on the handles so they aren't just done up in one place, hopefully that should mean less flex, I'm pleased with it anyway, mobility isn't something that's done in that lake very often, I think It may help me find more chances if I can fish off the barrow, and I won't get anymore punctures in my car 

Just a thought Elmo , how do you get the barrow in the car with all those bits of tackle in there ? Will it fold down or do you have to empty it out ?

im thinking I need one but it’s one more big thing to get on the car …

1 minute ago, newmarket said:

Just a thought Elmo , how do you get the barrow in the car with all those bits of tackle in there ? Will it fold down or do you have to empty it out ?

im thinking I need one but it’s one more big thing to get on the car …

I have a pretty big car lol grande c max, 

The barrow bags are removable and have a zip lid top so I am now using that to just store all the bits in and when I am at the lake it slides under the bedchair which is nice, wheels and handles off frame folds flat, not too bad for space really 

24 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I have a pretty big car lol grande c max, 

The barrow bags are removable and have a zip lid top so I am now using that to just store all the bits in and when I am at the lake it slides under the bedchair which is nice, wheels and handles off frame folds flat, not too bad for space really 

That sounds good mate . Do me a favour , next time you set out on a trip take a pic of how you cram it in the motor .

Ill need to invest in another one of these eventually but it’s more how to get it all in the car lol.

She has a Ford ecosport which is ok , the back seats do fold down but there’s usually 3 of us in the car so I can only fold one seat down .

i should've got a citroen berlingo they have a ramp fitted you can get the barrow straight in fully loaded, they go real cheap used ideal carp wagon. plus they will of been looked after the car i have is a ex motability lease they sell them on after three years, all the paperwork was up to date with dealer stamps. 

23 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i should've got a citroen berlingo they have a ramp fitted you can get the barrow straight in fully loaded, they go real cheap used ideal carp wagon. plus they will of been looked after the car i have is a ex motability lease they sell them on after three years, all the paperwork was up to date with dealer stamps. 

I need to learn to drive . I’m too old now I think ….

solve all my problems though .

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I worked with a bloke who had a camper conversion one of those he used to do lots of walking and sleep in it from time to time, would be ideal 

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

I need to learn to drive . I’m too old now I think ….

solve all my problems though .

got a couple of retired driving instructors relatives they say it takes a non driver their years in age to pass a driving test never too late, or you could try the freeman of the land approach, just sit in the car and refuse all offers, lol. 

my cousin burnt out as a instructor really is a hard job, when i done my test the examiner failed me on the first test and she is friends of family members, don't get no nepotism in there.

On 25/03/2022 at 17:50, ouchthathurt said:

What car have you got Kev? I helped an old dear who’s battery in her “keyless ignition” car was dead, I found if you lifted the drinks holder in the centre console there was a small disc under it. If you placed the dead key fob on this disc, the car would start. 

Sorry didn't see this.

It's a Hyundai I40 - you're supposed to push the dead keyfob against the start button on the dash, but it did nothing.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Car is loaded just got that tossy work thing to do then it's straight down the A14 to the lake, 

I am going full barrow mode today, I am traveling pretty light for me, no chair, no toy boat, essentials only, feels like the first chance I've had where I may have a chance 🤔

Good luck and enjoy elmo. 😁👍🎣🎣🎣

12 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Car is loaded just got that tossy work thing to do then it's straight down the A14 to the lake, 

I am going full barrow mode today, I am traveling pretty light for me, no chair, no toy boat, essentials only, feels like the first chance I've had where I may have a chance 🤔

Best of luck Elmo  🤞

12 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I am traveling pretty light for me

32 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Just caught my first fish of the year, 

A poxy rudd  😬

I barrowed but little point really can't move anywhere its rammed 😭

IMG_20220422_153452.thumb.jpg.a848e98c0a49fe2f8f38f0f0a4c6db98.jpg

If that’s light what does heavy look like 😳 … soo no chance of a pic with you holding your Rudd then 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 17:06, elmoputney said:

And so was the dog 😬

How you getting on with this Elmo ? 
Im having problems deciding between the Compact and the Galaxy tbh , having trouble deciding which will be easier for my back and for storage ….

Im not sure I can see the difference and the Trakker website ain’t much help 🙄

IMG_20220423_114528.thumb.jpg.70fbbee2e6483c14a0313a9d0ba9f47b.jpg

I did a photo of it chucked in the boot its pretty flat plus the wheel and handles, that is the main bag on top and the water carrier is housed by one of the front panniers, 

It is quite long but flat it is a great barrow though the galaxy is smaller but I quite like it seems stable and easy to push and load 

That's it fully laden 

2 buckets, bedchair, food bag, clothes bag, rods, bivvy and all my tackle and bits fit in the underbelly (which like the fox have side access) 

IMG_20220422_153452.thumb.jpg.6337203458cd98d17a13f3b671b3d7f8.jpg