Trakker, fox or carp porter

Hi guys 

Having seen a trakker x trail Compact barrow, I was tempted by it, I liked the bags and the panniers on it, seems spacious sturdy and good and solid, anyone got one? 

https://www.trakkerproducts.com/uk/product/x-trail-compact-barrow

I always thought I would buy another Mk2 carp porter but the price of them is putting me off tbh, because I would want some extra bits (I have some crossbar handles already though from my botched barrow fix) 

The fox one is occasionally on a good deal but usually similar to the Mk2, and I'm not convinced the fox one will be better than the trakker tbh, shall I bite the bullet and get the trakker? 

The reason I want one now is driving round the lake I've had a couple of punctures and I think being mobile may be an edge so I also want to reduce the amount of stuff I take,😬 I think the trakker gives me enough scope to take a few extra bits if I need too, 

If you have any thoughts on this please help 😂

2 hours ago, yonny said:

@elmoputney I got a Trakker after my mk2 and regretted it. It wasn't this one, it was the X-Trail Galaxy..... (I think).... either way it's just not as good as the Carp Porter.

Just started to spec the Mk2 and so far I am up to £270 with panniers and a basic front bag, I can't decide if the panniers are worthwhile or not as I want them to hold my 5l water bottle but not sure if they will, don't suppose you have used the panniers or anything have you? 

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I'm happy with my mk2, the front bag is ok and the rear drop in is real nice would like to get the side bags i use the rod bar as well, set of basic rear wheels would be nice but not urgent. and the fatter front wheel would be better than the skinny one.

Brilliant thanks for that I saw a set of the xl side bags on ebay tonight, they went for £26 quid, I had them as a watched item but ebay didn't send me a reminder and I forgot, damned shame as I would quite like those too, 

The Trakker X Trail Galaxy Barrow I got off my mate wasn't too bad, but the other day I took the puncture proof wheel off it and swapped it for the 1 on my Fox Royale Barrow, also the Trakker middle drop Bag fits onto the Fox Barrow, with a slight grazing on the wheel, but I can sort that. 

For me I would have a Fox Explorer Barrow any day... Another mate has 1 and it was quite light when I had a push about. I'm not fussed about any other bags except the 1 drop down bag

I have the Porterlite.

My water bottle fits nicely in the drop in bag, which has a 'pocket' either side at the rear which takes a 5l bottle, or a bait bucket. In front of that is another bucket, of dog food. Soft bits and pieces fill up the space, trainers, waterproofs, boxed tablet.

The bedchair goes on top of that with the RH big boy unhooking mat on top and tackle box, food bag in that, and rods strapped across front to back

I am occasionally on 2 trips as due to my back problems I sometimes need to take a proper recliner chair, so that comes on second trip with rucksack..

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Nah.

For the water bottle I just use on of these type thingys:

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/carp-porter-accessories/14069-water-bottle-bracket.html

If you whack them on the front it helps balance the barrow out.

I've had a look on the carp porter site I don't think they do these anymore, I kind of think they want you to spend £50 on the porter pals, I can't help feeling ripped off by prestige as they seem to want to charge you the earth for every little extra these days, 

Bags lol i got two tfg barrow bags been trying to shift on gumtree before i get the side bags, had no takers yet, think i will just use the smaller one and sack the side bags for now, not bothered with any of the pals they sometimes come up on the tree, found a nice bivvy that's local could save me a nifty 50, if i lived down south, there is a near spanking new aqua pioneer 100 with a few extras for 300, very tempted to just spend up and get it delivered. 

3 minutes ago, yonny said:

This is tackle firms in general nowadays mate. Bags within bags within bags. You end up with as much weight in luggage as you do in the tackle it hold!!

Yep as soon as it says modular you are looking at a £100, 

I got a few NGT ones and a cult one that i use for storing bits, they do a decent job tbh, I'm thinking I can do away with my rucksack if I use the under barrow storage, that's why I like the trakker one tbh as I know i could get my water bottle in the front pocket and probably lose my tackle and bits underneath, same with the fox one, but if I go carp porter I will need loads of extras 😂

On 21/03/2022 at 16:35, elmoputney said:

Just started to spec the Mk2 and so far I am up to £270 with panniers and a basic front bag, I can't decide if the panniers are worthwhile or not as I want them to hold my 5l water bottle but not sure if they will, don't suppose you have used the panniers or anything have you? 

The under barrow bag that comes with the MK2 will hold 5ltr water no prob, I just have the food bag that goes on the front and the under bag, does me.

20 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

The under barrow bag that comes with the MK2 will hold 5ltr water no prob, I just have the food bag that goes on the front and the under bag, does me.

Thanks i went with the trakker in the end, I'm hoping I can get my water butt in one of the panniers, then the main bag has a 52l capacity which I am hoping I can get all my tackle and bait in, 

I am hoping it arrives before the misses comes home from work but it's with hermes so there is no telling 😂

11 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks i went with the trakker in the end, I'm hoping I can get my water butt in one of the panniers, then the main bag has a 52l capacity which I am hoping I can get all my tackle and bait in, 

I am hoping it arrives before the misses comes home from work but it's with hermes so there is no telling 😂

Good luck with that - get it hidden quick style! 👍🤣

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

I just think I am always destined to get caught, luckily it's mother's day Sunday and I reckon I've smashed it this year 😊

Not sounding rude.... But I will be smashing something soon.... CAR

wife was on way home from work yesterday (on motorway)... Then the dash board lit up... Service Warning, ABS Warning, DSC Warning, Tyre Warning, Pressure Warning.... Im no mechanic but I know what they all mean and to me its not good. 

Not impressed as it only a 3yr old car, 2 weeks ago had a new fuel tank and fuel system, front splitter fell off 2 days after buying (in December)... 

Wife drove it straight back to Peugeot and I met her there.... 

I got the car key off her, showed the Manager the warnings, give it to the manager and BLUNTY said FIX IT.... We've been back about 6/7 times since December with it.... They hace until end of the day today I've told em or the Motor Ombudsman will be getting involved (not for the 1st time either). 

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

wife was on way home from work yesterday (on motorway)... Then the dash board lit up... Service Warning, ABS Warning, DSC Warning, Tyre Warning, Pressure Warning.... Im no mechanic but I know what they all mean and to me its not good. 

Not impressed as it only a 3yr old car, 2 weeks ago had a new fuel tank and fuel system, front splitter fell off 2 days after buying (in December)... 

I got the car key off her, showed the Manager the warnings, give it to the manager and BLUNTY said FIX IT.... We've been back about 6/7 times since December with it.... They hace until end of the day today I've told em or the Motor Ombudsman will be getting involved (not for the 1st time either). 

Cars are a pain in the backside, hope you get it sorted 

42 minutes ago, Highy said:

modern cars, could just be the computer needs a diagnostics check and cancelling the warning lights if no obvious fault happened when they lite up, still a pain, sounds like a simple reset if they all came on, if you can get it done by a call out guy or buy your own machine you can get them quite cheap these days, you will know for sure if there is a fault, the dealer could just cancel the warning lights and ignore the fault.  

10 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

modern cars, could just be the computer needs a diagnostics check and cancelling the warning lights if no obvious fault happened when they lite up, still a pain, sounds like a simple reset if they all came on, if you can get it done by a call out guy or buy your own machine you can get them quite cheap these days, you will know for sure if there is a fault, the dealer could just cancel the warning lights and ignore the fault.  

Just been on to em... Sounds like a corroded wire after they replaced the fuel tank, BUT I told em I ain't paying a penny while still under 5yr warranty and 6month dealership guarantee... 

They also said its alarming how many times we've been back.... So I've got the motor ombudsman involved now, filed a case against the after care/sale of a vehicle. 

Edited by Highy

39 minutes ago, Highy said:

Just been on to em... Sounds like a corroded wire after they replaced the fuel tank, BUT I told em I ain't paying a penny while still under 5yr warranty and 6month dealership guarantee... 

They also said its alarming how many times we've been back.... So I've got the motor ombudsman involved now, filed a case against the after care/sale of a vehicle. 

a dodgy wire will bring all the lights on, i had everything go out on a fiesta when driving just cut out, put the puter on it and it started, dodgy earth wire.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I can't even get in mine or turn it on if the battery in the remote key is out.

I watched a video on how to reveal the door key hole then couldn't fix the door handle back to how it was.  Once in there's no ignition key hole so you cant go anywhere anyway, if it cannot detect the keyfob your going nowhere.