Busy venues

I fish a small park lake of about 6 acres and it’s always full, I started scoping out rivers and recently broke the beach gear out to get a little peace! I have miles of coastline where I can always find a deserted beach quite easily. It’s easier than finishing work, heading to a lake and finding all the swims packed out, which is fairly common, especially with furlough. 

1 hour ago, Wiltshirecarper said:

Yet to find one fishing cotswold water park every swim taken even in mid week starting to think I'm the only member who works lol

I work the weekend so I can get the 2 days off in the week and hopefully get two swims close this is on day ticket waters but it doesn’t always pan out other anglers have the same idea, and carp angling is getting Sooo popular year by year 

Welcome to the forum 👍

8 hours ago, B B said:

I work the weekend so I can get the 2 days off in the week and hopefully get two swims close this is on day ticket waters but it doesn’t always pan out other anglers have the same idea, and carp angling is getting Sooo popular year by year 

Welcome to the forum 👍

I know mate its hard isn't it 

calm down last years uptake in anglers is dropping off, the amount of spanking new used tackle going up for sale is starting to pick up, all around a year old and way too far into the kind of tackle a very dedicated long-time angler would buy, just seen a brand new looking power porter bought last year used twice, only wants 800 for it, ha ha i'd put the extra hundred on top and buy new, used prices are between 30 to 50 percent retail value, go out doors was packed yesterday with people buying camping gear.  don't think the lakes will be as busy this mid summer.

13 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I fish a small park lake of about 6 acres and it’s always full, I started scoping out rivers and recently broke the beach gear out to get a little peace! I have miles of coastline where I can always find a deserted beach quite easily. It’s easier than finishing work, heading to a lake and finding all the swims packed out, which is fairly common, especially with furlough. 

I started beach fishing 4yrs ago now and since then probably only been carp fishing 20 times In that time and now not carp fished since may last year. Like you say, guaranteed a spot on the beach, never know what you might catch and it's free to fish, what's not to like Haha. 

Give it a year, furlough finishes, folks get back to work, time starts to become short and little johnny will be back playing footie instead of pestering dad to go fishing... mum will want more decorating done and slowly the upsurge in anglers will fall away 

I do think summertime many day ticket or even smaller club venues can be busy all the time. 

I have gone to fish a club venue, the park lake, Suffolk Water Park and Hintlesham midweek and found no available swims! 

Compare that to my syndicate, where the most I have ever seen is 10 anglers on 45acres.