Anyone fishing at the moment?

jh92

Barston is closed as they don't want people traveling not sure about lavender but I have no waggler tackle so not really worth it anyhow.  other than that there is a few free river spots and the canal at Knowle or Coventry city centre.

Was up my mates boat mooring the other week they are on the cov canal get loads of carp in the moorings would be well worth plotting up just outside and doing a few over-nighters, another guy that does a bit up there had a nice 16lb common out on waggler tackle. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Was up my mates boat mooring the other week they are on the cov canal get loads of carp in the moorings would be well worth plotting up just outside and doing a few over-nighters, another guy that does a bit up there had a nice 16lb common out on waggler tackle. 

Definitely mate, I’d be on there like a shot given the chance, we may not be able to do overnighters just now, but you could start baiting it and prepping it ready for when you can hit it properly. 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I slightly hate myself for taking a chair + bed on an overnighter, but I can't sit on a bed as it does my back in, but I would probably really dislike myself for taking a bed on a day session 😁 

On my day off I'm often so tired, especially after doing an early after a late, that I will often fall asleep during the day. 

2 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Fair play mate, you got the right venue for this time of year! Lovely looking carp too. I’m gonna hit a runs water (in the summer anyway!) and see if I can bank the first fish of 2021 on Monday hopefully, only got 3-4hrs but it only takes a second to get a bite! 

That is 100% right ouch mucka 

33 minutes ago, Highy said:

I've now been given an ultimatem, Fishing or save my marriage? 😭😭

The missus got other plans huh lol 

well not a knock, every swim on the lake was taken by 9am. I think too much pressure but I stuck it out. Quite nice laying on the bed chair, radio on drinking coffee 👍😂

7 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Bed chair for a day session? I will do sometimes, otherwise my aqua large beanie unhooking mat, although unwieldy to carry about, makes a cracking beanbag chair! 

luckily I’ve not caught a carp since November so I don’t get a wet backside, that would just be uncomfortable! 

I do this with my cradle, quite comfy to chill on and has a decent head rest, but that’s in the summer 😂no way will I be doing that this time of year 👍😂

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

On my day off I'm often so tired, especially after doing an early after a late, that I will often fall asleep during the day. 

That sort of shift change should be illegal, I have to do 2-10pm monday to Thursday then 10-6pm just the 4 hours earlier really throws me out of whack, perhaps I should be going for day naps, might be a good idea 💡