Too much bait

Carpmaster

Hi all I was bought a fishspy for my birthday and what a bit of kit,  the sad thing is its opened my eyes to exactly how much bait is being left uneaten on our lake beds,  I'm on a clicky park lake and it seems that every man an his dog have watched Danny fairbrass filling waters in and think that will work nothing has come out for nearly 3 weeks not even a bream FULL UP or am I the only one that thinks this    open for suggestions guys

sounds like every man and his dog has been fishing in the wrong spot and watching too much korda karp fishing. But ive fished a water in sleepy suffolk where the bream did go big and in big sholes 500 or so, the carp did go to 40s. and in one swim by, the bream could and would eat all put infront of them. Again all about educatiion and knowing your water. but too many take the korda karp approach..

4 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Hi all I was bought a fishspy for my birthday and what a bit of kit,  the sad thing is its opened my eyes to exactly how much bait is being left uneaten on our lake beds,  I'm on a clicky park lake and it seems that every man an his dog have watched Danny fairbrass filling waters in and think that will work nothing has come out for nearly 3 weeks not even a bream FULL UP or am I the only one that thinks this    open for suggestions guys

Most anglers put far too much bait out when they fish.

The problem us that they turn up on a day ticket lake, even a club lake and immediately want to fish over 'their' own bait, without knowing what is there already, what other anglers have put in, so spod or Spomb in 5kilos of spod mix.

The fish don't have to move far to feed, they are able to pick and choose.

It doesn't help right now that the water is so warm, the air and water temperatures are high, the fish are just mooching because the weather is uncomfortable to feed heavily in.

Best way to fish for most is just a hookbait with PVA bag or stringer.

There are times when putting plenty of bait in us the right thing to do, but I don't think most anglers know the waters they fish well enough.

I use a pva bag with ground bait and oil mix I find that even after the bag breaks down some of the contents leach into the bottom so attraction stays for some time and as I cast regular to keep that attraction there it's working for me so far just got to convert the drop backs to carp on the bank lol

15 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

The carp won't  be " full up " as they don't have a stomach to fill . If there's lots of uneaten bait it could point to other problems not just anglers piling in to much bait . Personally I would be checking the lakes ( DO ) levels this has the biggest effect on all the fish in the lake & there ability  to feed . Also predation is something to keep an eye on ( what's left in the lake ) . 

On 04/07/2020 at 16:53, Carpmaster said:

The problem is there are too many guys that are prepared to chuck kilos and kilos in when they are unable to determine whether there are feeding fish in front of them or not.

There is no problem using big qty's of bait if you're on them and it's getting eaten.

People need to use their eyes. You can tell if your spot is getting smashed to bits.

On 04/07/2020 at 20:51, Carpmaster said:

I've thought this and as I'm only a new member my thoughts aren't really listened to but my thinking is we are there to catch them yes but not to the extent where so much is put in even bream rant feeding should say something ???

Well I'm certainly listening , Carpmaster , as my last trip out was very disappointing .

I wonder if with Lockdown , and Furlough there are more anglers out fishing so more bait is going in , and as Nick types the weather isn't ideal at the moment ? .

😃 

27 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well I'm certainly listening , Carpmaster , as my last trip out was very disappointing .

I wonder if with Lockdown , and Furlough there are more anglers out fishing so more bait is going in , and as Nick types the weather isn't ideal at the moment ? .

😃

I don't think it is just carp either, especially in the warm and dry East Anglian region, although river anglers are few and far between.

I have spent some time on local rivers recently, and even the rivers are low and chub and barbel are hanging back in more oxygenated water, non-fishing weirs, mills and the like.

On some stretches of the Gipping it is rare to see fish in some shallow flowing stretches, but this year where it washes fast over gravel that is often where the fish are. We really need some low pressure and steady rain.

7 hours ago, crusian said:

😃

No the weather may not be the best I really think its angling pressure an too much bait,  I know a carps digestive system isn't the best but if 10 anglers are putting 10kilos buckets of particles in an not even a bream caught ???     I'm going up for a walk now after with the fishspy again I'll keep you up to date guys

Ok just come from up the lake loads of bait all over the lake,still nothing caught?? Other lakes in the area are fishing quiet well with fish coming out so in a bit of a situation do I keep going to the large lake or go somewhere else for a bend in the rod only smaller fish 

5 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Ok just come from up the lake loads of bait all over the lake,still nothing caught?? Other lakes in the area are fishing quiet well with fish coming out so in a bit of a situation do I keep going to the large lake or go somewhere else for a bend in the rod only smaller fish 

Thanks for the update , Carpmaster .

IMO you would be better off going somewhere other than the park lake , go with your gut instinct .

I wonder if , as Chill. I think is suggesting , there's going to be an oxygen crash at the park lake and subsequent fish deaths ? 😟

12 minutes ago, crusian said:

IMO you would be better off going somewhere other than the park lake , go with your gut instinct .

I wonder if , as Chill. I think is suggesting , there's going to be an oxygen crash at the park lake and subsequent fish deaths ? 😟

Fish are good at two things ... eating & breeding . If they've stopped eating including the silver's there will be a reason for it.  I wasn't suggesting a (Do) crash is definitely on the cards , But low levels certainly will stop them feeding . Can't hurt to get it checked that's for sure & avoid fish deaths as you say mate .

33 minutes ago, crusian said:

I really hope not seriously we have allready lost a 36lb mirror no noticable cause

On 06/07/2020 at 22:28, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't think it is just carp either, especially in the warm and dry East Anglian region, although river anglers are few and far between.

I have spent some time on local rivers recently, and even the rivers are low and chub and barbel are hanging back in more oxygenated water, non-fishing weirs, mills and the like.

On some stretches of the Gipping it is rare to see fish in some shallow flowing stretches, but this year where it washes fast over gravel that is often where the fish are. We really need some low pressure and steady rain.

on the gipping nick and ive had chub to 7lb need heavy rain faster flowing cloudly water over the sallows, behind the garage paper mill quay towards the wier bridge.