Soft, warm jacket.....

Looking for suggestions for a nice warm jacket. Don't need anything too heavy, as I don't venture out during the depths of winter.
Just want something to slip on at 1st light on those "nippier" Spring and Autumn mornings, or when the Sun is beginning to dip below the horizon.
Something that's going to offer a little more warmth and protection than a hoodie (don't like hoodies lol!).
Any suggestions???

Thanks

13 minutes ago, commonly said:

North face

I think North Face are overpriced. I had some of their lined trousers, they were decent but cost a fortune, more than $100 from the States (and this was several years ago when it was still cheap to buy in the US). I replaced them last year with some Craghopper Kiwi's which cost 25 quid and they're actually better imo.

Smufter, the SJ3 will do everything you want and more. I see the Sleeka Elite is on sale at the moment if you want to save a few £££E£.

22 hours ago, yonny said:

Smufter, the SJ3 will do everything you want and more. I see the Sleeka Elite is on sale at the moment if you want to save a few £££E£.

Spent the evening reading up about the SJ3 Yonny, and after watching a video on them decided to go with one. The guy in the vid said they tend to come up a bit big so bit the bullet and went for a Large.

Managed to pick one up for £102.00 which is the cheapest I've found. Camo of course.....🙄

I'll let you know what I think when it arrives (early part of next week apparently).

Thanks for your suggestions guys

On 25/01/2020 at 07:01, smufter said:

went for a Large.

I have an SJ9 in a large, fits me just right mate. You should be fine.

On 24/01/2020 at 17:20, emmcee said:

I use their sleeping bags

Me too. Pricey but incredibly light and very warm.

Their Sleeka salopettes are amazing for anyone interested. A real game changer in winter. Like walking around in a sleeping bag. Top notch.

I keep looking at the salopettes but keep walking away until my trakker ones fall to bits I’m going to hold off.the only thing that stops me is mine are waterproof as well as warm 

mine are part of a set 

I think it’s the F32 but I have had them years so it could be another model it has the yellow trakker writing on them rather than the new logo

Edited by framey

Well, the SJ3 arrived today. Can't believe how soft, light and warm it is. Absolutely amazing. They include a little stuffbag with it, I thought there was no way of getting it in there..... How wrong was I!! Needn't have worried about the size, it fits a treat. Thanks for the heads up Yonny, well chuffed. 

2 hours ago, smufter said:

Well, the SJ3 arrived today. Can't believe how soft, light and warm it is. Absolutely amazing. They include a little stuffbag with it, I thought there was no way of getting it in there..... How wrong was I!! Needn't have worried about the size, it fits a treat. Thanks for the heads up Yonny, well chuffed. 

Any chance of a 'photo , Smufter in front of your new  Trakker shelter ? .

I read that Snugpak were going to be at Brentwood , but I couldn't make it .

😃 

12 hours ago, smufter said:

First session of the year booked for next Thursday. Will try to fulfill your wishes...

😁

Thanks , Smufter , but Thursday ? 🤔, it's always been Tuesday is White Cottage Day ; I wake up and you are at the water , and when I get home from work  there may be a 'photo of you posing with a lump with the classic Smufter grin .

😁 

9 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks , Smufter , but Thursday ? 🤔, it's always been Tuesday is White Cottage Day ; I wake up and you are at the water , and when I get home from work  there may be a 'photo of you posing with a lump with the classic Smufter grin .

😁

On holiday all of next week (got a bit of decorating to do) and checked the long range weather forecast.

Tuesday was "drowned rat" day, Thursday was looking favourite. 

Although looking at the forecast again this morning, Wednesday is looking the best of the bunch....🙄😁

Either way, I will be out next week at sometime.

16 hours ago, smufter said:

On holiday all of next week (got a bit of decorating to do) and checked the long range weather forecast.

Tuesday was "drowned rat" day, Thursday was looking favourite. 

Although looking at the forecast again this morning, Wednesday is looking the best of the bunch....🙄😁

Either way, I will be out next week at sometime.

👍

😁

20 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'd have suggested the SJ6 or SJ9 for winter Smufter, but even that SJ3 can do a job. Great aint they!

It's great mate. Toasty. Thermal long sleeved top, my favourite Nissan zip up and the jacket on top. Warm as anything. Have to be careful with the fags though, feels like it will hole quite easily 😉😉😉

On 06/02/2020 at 08:21, smufter said:

It's great mate. Toasty. Thermal long sleeved top, my favourite Nissan zip up and the jacket on top. Warm as anything. Have to be careful with the fags though, feels like it will hole quite easily 😉😉😉

I keep reading the reviews for Snugpak , and I have some questions for you please , Smufter .

What happens if you kneel down on the wet ground , or it's raining , how water resistant are snugpak clothes ? ; also if you are attacked by brambles etc , how tear resistant are they please ? .

I guess you didn't catch on this occasion , but how was it being back fishing again ? .

😃 

4 hours ago, yonny said:

@crusian they're repellant to water but not waterproof. But as they're thermals and not waterproofs that's to be expected. You need a waterproof over it to tackle heavy rain.

Regards tearing, I've had mine for 3 years and you've read my catch reports buddy, I put stuff to the test. No issues mate.

Thanks , Yonny .

I have an old Sundridge Minus 10 Suit which is waterproof and tear proof ( well so far ) , but it's bulky , so when I have some money / it needs replacing I guess I'll go Snugpak .

😃