Rods - am I missing a trick?

4 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Good read this thread. I feel like it boils down to this though, nash like v Nash hate 😂

Thats alright then, I hate Nash, lol😖😆

Had to return too many broken rods when I worked in the tackle shop...😖😉

5 minutes ago, dayvid said:

I think the bottom line is , if you like to fish whit tiny rods 😁 and you feel better for it then so be it  ,it suits your fishing so good luck to you .

I think what you mean is use what suits your fishing and if you need to use broomsticks to cast out then so be it,😀

Seriously though it does seem like we will all have to agree to disagree on this one, and let's be honest as long as you are fishing and happy with your tackle does it really matter, it would be boring if we all liked/did the same thing 

28 minutes ago, commonly said:

Let's all get together at Horseshoe and have a casting battle 😂

You never know we could get a few tackle/rod manufacturers willing to provide their kit and get endorsement from us members!! 😊

Could do mate ... the fashion victims could get away with using one of the stock ponds 😁

18 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Could do mate ... the fashion victims could get away with using one of the stock ponds 😁

Bait boats it is then 😁

I still use a 12 footer for my spomb and marker work, can get quite a good lob with it too, it's an old Still Water 3lb BPX does the job nicely with a mini spomb takes longer to get the bait out but never seen it spook fish hardly makes a splash on landing in comparison to the larger spombs.  

I thought this place was a forum for free thinking carp anglers, I've ignored the jibes up till now I don't claim to be right all the time but I shouldn't be ridiculed for having an opinion which is different to the herd 😏 

I've also never said that a 10ft rod is suitable for all situations, but it is more suitable for mine and that's why I use it, If I needed to cast a long way I would use more suitable rods 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I thought this place was a forum for free thinking carp anglers, I've ignored the jibes up till now I don't claim to be right all the time but I shouldn't be ridiculed for having an opinion which is different to the herd 😏 

I've also never said that a 10ft rod is suitable for all situations, but it is more suitable for mine and that's why I use it, If I needed to cast a long way I would use more suitable rods 

Don’t read too much into the written word,mate. Forums can sometimes come across as sometimes having a pop....... as you did with my Dole cheats post...... your a very active member and myself,personally think your input is ace and I’m probably just as excited about your return to carp fishing as you are ...... just need a pic with a big smile and a lump and you’ve cracked it...... your a Spurs fan,,,,,,,, you should be use to the disappointment 😉😬😎

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

thought this place was a forum for free thinking carp anglers,

There's no freedom of speech here my man😉. Drog knows how many of my posts have been deleted for having a different opinion to the norm!! 

I sincerely apologise if you took offence to my comments, it was a generalisation to all posters, to prove who's point of view holds up to test! 

I tend to agree with your theory elmo. & at the end of the day, each to his own👍

4 minutes ago, commonly said:

There's no freedom of speech here my man😉. Drog knows how many of my posts have been deleted for having a different opinion to the norm!! 

I sincerely apologise if you took offence to my comments, it was a generalisation to all posters, to prove who's point of view holds up to test! 

I tend to agree with your theory elmo. & at the end of the day, each to his own👍

There’s a lot more freedom on here than what there was tbf. I was ridiculed over my luv for LFC but forums have moved on...... Mods don’t post anymore and it’s you lads who keep it going...... it’s still the best out there carry on boys 😉😎

Edited by snowmanstevo

3 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

Don’t read too much into the written word,mate. Forums can sometimes come across as sometimes having a pop....... as you did with my Dole cheats post...... your a very active member and myself,personally think your input is ace and I’m probably just as excited about your return to carp fishing as you are ...... just need a pic with a big smile and a lump and you’ve cracked it...... your a Spurs fan,,,,,,,, you should be use to the disappointment 😉😬😎

You are right things can sometimes be taken out of context, I tend to not be a person that holds grudges life's too short for that, I'm hoping that pic comes soon but I've only got about 15 carp maximum to take the bait so I'm going to have to have some luck on my side, but tonight I've taken a while but all my rods are placed well so I am fishing, I reckon one of the 10fts might even be 70 yards this is a nice open swim though which does make a nice change, 

3 hours ago, commonly said:

No worries, i didn't really take offence at your comment but thanks I am quite thick skinned really , just felt like I was becoming the defender of the 10ft rod brigade,and there had already been a few digs that I had ignored just thought I should say what I thought about it all, and also my position on it