Something for the weekend

salokcinnodrog

Well I finally have a long session arranged on my large Suffolk reservoir, from Sunday until Thursday. Got plenty of bait to take, I think it will be a case of bait and bring the fish in, bream onwards to the carp. I can seriously see 40kilos of Chicken corn and a bag of Vitalin going in with a few kilos of boilies to get them to feed.

375 acres of water, of which in the past 2 weeks I have walked around a few times. I've found some hidden swims where carp have shown with good features that I can hide Sky and myself in.

The weather I think is due to break, some rain forecast in East Anglia from Saturday, should see the fish get their heads down at last.

What are you plans onwards for this weekend?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Hope you Nick an unknown and uncaught pig of a carp mate. You deserve it for giving that place a bash. It’s vast. Have you seen definite carp shows?

Seen carp, hooked a few while fishing for other species.

I'm going to spend the next few hours thinking I should just admit I am a bream angler in disguise 2 8lb bream last night 😀

Both nailed so I had to use my bream mat to unhook them, I am quite pleased with the performance of my bream rigs though :)

good luck Nick sounds like you have got something to get stuck right into enjoy 

I had my first session there this week, which although I blanked, I did enjoy and learnt a bit about the water.

The session was a success in itself and while there I heard some good news about a job I had been interviewed for, start next week.

As soon as I got home I just wanted to get back. With my start date for work, I've managed to pencil in another trip from Saturday until Tuesday and then work the next day.

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about others trying to cash in!

Last week on my session before starting the new job on Wednesday, Dave and I arrived at the reservoir on Saturday.

There had been no carp anglers on there at all this season, god knows I had been walking it enough, but Saturday, exactly where my bivvy had been, someone else had set up. At first Dave could not get why I was so upset about it, but I think other people eventually got him to understand.

Ended up somewhere totally different, with a longer walk at another bay, not quite so sure of it, but it has prospects. Again, no fish, but more learnt.

Fished the same spot again this week for two nights, from Sunday after work until tonight. Still trying to find them.

Just now, Dannygooner said:

Did anyone see you whilst you were there? Any “dog walkers” lol. Who’s the suspect swim stealers 😂

I should have bivvied further back as I could be seen if you looked carefully off the bridge. Not a recognised dog walker, I know a few of them by now, or correctly Sky knows their dogs.

8 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

When reccying the water in the weeks before fishing, did you spot many carp anglers? I’ve never seen one in the brief couple of times I looked at it 

Not one Mate.

I know I can't see the whole of the water in one walk, it is 10 miles round, but Dave and I stop at bridge and look both ways, head to either Birchwood or The Wonder then study with binos from there, both ways up and down. 

Have you mentioned on here any specific details might be a lurker? 

I wonder how many lurkers visit and never post? Culls always get people posting 

On another forum I frequented there was an inner sanctum where only people that regularly posted got invited, it meant that people could talk more freely about there situation without fear of someone stealing there ideas without Contributing , just a thought, it also encouraged non posters to post as they wanted to see what the cream of the crop were talking about 

Edited by elmoputney

23 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I should have bivvied further back as I could be seen if you looked carefully off the bridge. Not a recognised dog walker, I know a few of them by now, or correctly Sky knows their dogs.

I think you should camouflage Sky , a dog coat in realtree ? .

😀

Aye, but he was not on my friends list, and can only have seen where I was fishing through Alton Water's page.

Dave has also gotten wound up at even bream anglers not bothering to do any work. We've been targeting an area that all of a sudden has become heavily fished to the state that it can be difficult to find a swim or peg. Sadly the other anglers aren't catching as they simply aren't putting enough bait in.

We've stopped naming areas, and clipping our photos to the extreme to reduce background.

2 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Aye, but he was not on my friends list, and can only have seen where I was fishing through Alton Water's page.

Dave has also gotten wound up at even bream anglers not bothering to do any work. We've been targeting an area that all of a sudden has become heavily fished to the state that it can be difficult to find a swim or peg. Sadly the other anglers aren't catching as they simply aren't putting enough bait in.

We've stopped naming areas, and clipping our photos to the extreme to reduce background.

I wouldn't have even mentioned anything on social media at all , let alone mention catching and seeing 30's plus rod shots showing locations .

Simple -don't want others cashing in then be super secretive  and resist social at all costs  , if your going to give clues and hints then don't moan when others take short cuts .

On 14 August 2019 at 23:27, oscsha said:

I wouldn't have even mentioned anything on social media at all , let alone mention catching and seeing 30's plus rod shots showing locations .

Simple -don't want others cashing in then be super secretive  and resist social at all costs  , if your going to give clues and hints then don't moan when others take short cuts .

Put it this way, a few people on Alton's Facebook page have been blocked from seeing my posts.

Pictures have been from all around the ressie, not just where I was fishing.

11 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

a few people on Alton's Facebook page have been blocked from seeing my posts.

Isn't that a bit backwards Nick? Posting pics that the group can see then blocking the group members?

Why join the group if you're going to block the members? It makes no sense buddy.

Surely not posting the pics of your private activities is the wiser option?

15 minutes ago, yonny said:

Isn't that a bit backwards Nick? Posting pics that the group can see then blocking the group members?

Why join the group if you're going to block the members? It makes no sense buddy.

Surely not posting the pics of your private activities is the wiser option?

Two of the people blocked are known fish thieves, stealing fish from waters to put in their syndicate lake.

They even boasted about it on FB, and the EA, local club and council are involved investigating them.

Don't forget I don't just carp fish, so while I don't mind helping bream and roach anglers, or other carp anglers (in private), it is the lazy carp anglers who are just going off other peoples efforts.