Need a new bait company

3 hours ago, smufter said:

Yes Steve. Reading great reviews on it. I'm going to try it because it's not a fishmeal and I'm trying to avoid the cats in the lake we're going to. I know nothing is guaranteed but in for a penny (as they say)....

πŸ˜‰

I actually got there ninja black due to catfish liking the betaine in it. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I’m an MC Nut mixed with i bait fan,done well mixing them on my local water. 😎🎣

Has anyone tried DNA baits before?Β 

I like the look of there post free deals and premier baits have just put the prices up on matrix so I am having a rethink,in the back of my mind I know the matrix would work OK but it's been out years and years and I've not built up loads of confidence in it yet, I quite fancy trying one of these newer baits on the market and the S7 sounds good,Β  I quite like the range of hookbaits available as well, and the fact you can get dumbells, I just think DNA have some fresh looking ideas, has anyone tried them, ?Β 

Β 

Thanks for the reply greekskii,Β 

I think the switch sounds like an odd bait if I am honest, sounds like a hippy bodybuilders clean eating type of bait with pea protien etc I tried pea protien once when I was into fitness and it was horrible, S7 on the other hand does sound like a nice bait and I think you are right it does seem to be slk or S7 that are the main 2 that catch from what I can see,Β 

Β 

• 3 months later...
51 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

What’s your preferred boilie on ABS mate?

I used there Plan b for 3 years and it held its own on my local that seen a lot of cell/mainline baits. Been on his i bait and mc nut for the last 2 seasons and it was a pretty instant hit. Not tried any of his newer bait (Hydra K and 2tb) simply because I’ve not needed to and I’ve total confidence in the bait........ if I don’t catch that’s down to me,not the bait. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜¬

17 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I used there Plan b for 3 years and it held its own on my local that seen a lot of cell/mainline baits. Been on his i bait and mc nut for the last 2 seasons and it was a pretty instant hit. Not tried any of his newer bait (Hydra K and 2tb) simply because I’ve not needed to and I’ve total confidence in the bait........ if I don’t catch that’s down to me,not the bait. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜¬

Ok mate Cheers for the infoΒ πŸ‘

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2019 at 17:53, elmoputney said:

Premier Baits have been helping me via email today, Tony is very helpful and a great service they do all sorts of baits and you can mess around with the custom bait creator If you wanted something a bit differentΒ 

I've been using premier baits for nearly 20yrs, I've never seen the need to change. I use them for all my basemixes, oils, additives etc. I use a different flavour company though, purely as premier don't do the flavour that I have been using for the last 14yrs for my baits. I roll all my own baits and pop ups, and have nothing but praise for Tony and the guys atΒ premier.Β 

2 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I've been using premier baits for nearly 20yrs, I've never seen the need to change. I use them for all my basemixes, oils, additives etc. I use a different flavour company though, purely as premier don't do the flavour that I have been using for the last 14yrs for my baits. I roll all my own baits and pop ups, and have nothing but praise for Tony and the guys atΒ premier.Β 

Same as mate. Been using them about 20yrs myself and not a single negative against them. I know when I'm on the lake if I'm not catching then the chances are it's my fault and the bait will be the last reason I'm not catching.Β Β 

I've been using the aminos basemixes for longer than I can care to remember, I used to buy robin red separately and add it myself, then Tony pointed out that I could just buy aminos RR with the red already added... Hmmmm... Felt a bit silly at that point! Spending more money to make a base they already sold! Just knocked up another load of bait this afternoon, aminos RR, with their awesome salmon oil and cream stimulant additive, plus a few extra bits and bobs, betaine, shellfish sense appeals, smoked ham flavour, egg albumin, and salt. With a dash of red dye to really make the bait a nice bold red. I use the same bait all year round and it keeps catching wherever I take it, what more could you ask?Β 

I do sometimes think I should update it, but then again, why? It's been going into my venues for years, the catches haven't dropped off and when I feed them, they will demolish it, so why fix what isn't broken?Β 

On 13/10/2019 at 21:43, ouchthathurt said:

I've been using the aminos basemixes for longer than I can care to remember, I used to buy robin red separately and add it myself, then Tony pointed out that I could just buy aminos RR with the red already added... Hmmmm... Felt a bit silly at that point! Spending more money to make a base they already sold! Just knocked up another load of bait this afternoon, aminos RR, with their awesome salmon oil and cream stimulant additive, plus a few extra bits and bobs, betaine, shellfish sense appeals, smoked ham flavour, egg albumin, and salt. With a dash of red dye to really make the bait a nice bold red. I use the same bait all year round and it keeps catching wherever I take it, what more could you ask?Β 

I do sometimes think I should update it, but then again, why? It's been going into my venues for years, the catches haven't dropped off and when I feed them, they will demolish it, so why fix what isn't broken?Β 

I'm trying Matrix Plus which is Red,Β alongside my usual Amino PlusΒ T&G - catching on both baits and the mix looks banging.

3 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

I'm trying Matrix Plus which is Red,Β alongside my usual Amino PlusΒ T&G - catching on both baits and the mix looks banging.

The 'G' seems to be doing a lot fish, tony told me he's had lots and lots of feed back from anglers with 'G' in their bait and it's doing the business. Actually had my bait made with some in it, sadly not going to get to use it for a while due to family circumstances.Β 

On 13/10/2019 at 21:43, ouchthathurt said:

Can't beat a few extra bits and bobs,Β  got a few in mine. Infact I've been piling the bait in my current lake and my mate who is on the bait with me has had 2 40's in the last 2 weekend's. Both fish at their highest recorded weights.Β  Well chuffed for him. They certainly know there stuff at prem 'Β 

26 minutes ago, emmcee said:

The 'G' seems to be doing a lot fish, tony told me he's had lots and lots of feed back from anglers with 'G' in their bait and it's doing the business. Actually had my bait made with some in it, sadly not going to get to use it for a while due to family circumstances.Β 

I was looking at changing baits completely after 15+ years on a custom Aminos bait (you read all the BS about other baits being the ultimate)Β but spoke to Toni - he suggested the T&G version to combat the silt and weed.

I caught from the off, no surprise there, absolutely love the bait - it smells brilliant and being the Aminos base you know its gonna doΒ the business, tried and tested for many many years.

Tony is very helpful and doesn't push anything on you, just good advice!

Β 

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/07/2020 at 16:17, Its-grim-up-north said:

Have you ever used there pop ups yonny? Was just wondering what the buoyancy was like?

I use their cork ball pop ups which are obviously very buoyant.

I have used their little 12 mm standard pop ups, they need a little help (foam) to keep them up for 24+.

I've not used the standard pop ups in bigger sizes so cannot help there buddy. Sorry.

• 3 months later...