New alarms

Hi All,

I think its time for me to get some new alarms and move the solaces into the 9ft foot couple of hour kit. Those alarms have done 5 fishing fishing at least 1 night a week through wind, rain and snow and they havent let me down but i did notice this week that on 1 of the alarms the bobbins could move a fair bit before notification.

so whats every one using? What do people recommend? Im sure i read there was one where the reciever light up the bivvy if there was a run? Want to avoid Delkims if possible...just because everyone has them!

I may as well use none mine don't ever seem to go off  :)

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on ngt alarms and also TFG mag runners ? 

sonik and ngt do one with a bivvy light btw 

sorry I can't be more help ginger hope you don't mind me adding to your thread btw 

Edited by elmoputney

3 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Im sure i read there was one where the reciever light up the bivvy if there was a run?

The Fox RX plus is the alarm you may be talking about , I have them and they do that , absolutely lovely alarms .

If you hunt around and are not in a hurry you can buy them either side of £480 for 3 and receiver.

3 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Hi All,

I think its time for me to get some new alarms and move the solaces into the 9ft foot couple of hour kit. Those alarms have done 5 fishing fishing at least 1 night a week through wind, rain and snow and they havent let me down but i did notice this week that on 1 of the alarms the bobbins could move a fair bit before notification.

so whats every one using? What do people recommend? Im sure i read there was one where the reciever light up the bivvy if there was a run? Want to avoid Delkims if possible...just because everyone has them!

Not everyone has the new Delkims, only just released this year at the last show.

My Delkims were purchased in around 2000, and are the ST version. Wind, sun and rain, ice and snow no failures.

I was quite happy with a wire heading to my receiver until I fished a lake where you had to bivvy up off the platform and the lead wasn't long enough so I added the Att receiver and dongles.

In terms of new alarms, should I ever need an upgrade or update because mine finally failed I would be thinking Delkim ST, TFG Magrunner or Atts.

Reasons:

Delkim have not let me down, product loyalty, good after sales service when I had to have repairs done when I left battery in and it corroded. The added sensitivity adjustment is a very useful function. You can increase buzzer sensitivity for wary fish where reduced hanger indication is minimal. 

Atts a good alarm, will last and take the abuse.

The TFG Magrunners I have played with in the shop when I worked there, and obviously read Dave Lane's reviews on them. 

Ok, my reasons for avoiding Fox alarms; I do not like a new model that looks totally different being released every couple of years. Micron M, MS, MX, MR, Mini, NTX, just some of them since 2000.

So many different models, too complicated, too many price points.

You do also have Wolf coming into the alarm market.

@andy52 has seen them in the flesh, and spoke to Wolf at the show, I believe he was very impressed. Bivvy light etc

Oh, and before anyone says 'no such thing as military spec', many military items have worked their way into fishing. You would not have GPS if the military hadn't come up with it.

4 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Hi All,

Have the Sonik SKS 4 Alarms..Receiver n Bivvy light.

The bivvy light lights up to the colour of what the alarm has a run on it...but i never have the bivvy light on...cant fault them really...dropped in lake n still working...could di with a case though like Delks n Fox alarms.

You can get a set of 3 with reciever n bivvy light for around £100 if you look propper...

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I may as well use none mine don't ever seem to go off  :)

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on ngt alarms and also TFG mag runners ? 

sonik and ngt do one with a bivvy light btw 

sorry I can't be more help ginger hope you don't mind me adding to your thread btw 

The NEWngt alarms do have a resemblance to delks in my opinion...they were on show at the Northern Angling Show...didn't really like em...

Had the TFgear Mag rollers...1 case leaked and had a loose wire...so i soldered back in place and rewaterproofed before passing in to a friend.

28 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

New Delks look good and some interesting features, wish I could upgrade to them tbh

Looking at the new Delks features and I get the impression some are dressed up Txi features and nothing new although I am a Delkim Fan Gezzer I see nothing there to warrant trading up, They do look a tad more asthetically pleasing but will they catch me more pasties ?

J5367-Delkim-Animation-v3.gif

Edited by snoozer

From what I've been told a few of the features are very useful, but I've not looked it up for myself, but check this out, you can take the sensitivity down to like -1 as you would in a storm, however if you were snag fishing you'd still want plenty if beeps to get your attention so you'd turn the beeps up, you can't achieve that with the older ones.  Also adjustments by remote instead of having to go outside when it's [censored]ing down 👍

If I hear no reports of failure due to water ingress for a year post-release I'll be taking a closer look myself. Imo Delks give the best indication, but I suffered constant problems with water ingress, 4 times I needed to send them in for repair. If they fix that, I'm defo interested.