Lake Beauregard............

smufter

Trying this one out next year with 5 mates from White Cottage.

http://lakebeauregard.com/about.html

Have a week booked from the 6th July, (only week available despite actually booking it about 8 or 9 months ago). Lots of decent videos of it on YouTube, anyone on here actually fished there????

Carp to over 60 and Cats to 95. Not particularly interested in Cats but may just take a hefty rod and reel with me and lob something stinky out at night. Seems a shame not to try to hook into a cross channel ferry!!

Edited by smufter

• 8 months later...

Two weeks today and we'll be on our way!! Surprising how quickly it comes round.....
Have the preceding week off work so will have plenty of spare time to check, double check and possibly even triple check before packing everything away.
All batteries charged for the bait boat, alarms etc.
Tie a few rigs up, bait ordered for delivery the day before we set off, can't wait.
Three of the lads going are popping their French cherries so you can guess how excited they are lol!!

Cushty!!!!

Best of luck mate... look forward to seeing some French units in the catch reports . Just booked a lake for early October,  drive & survive this time for me ,unlike back in early spring . Can't wait especially as there's  some big commons to try a trip up . 

Not sure I would of had my bait turning up the day before though .... maybe bring it forward a day or two , just to be safe ? 

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Best of luck mate... look forward to seeing some French units in the catch reports . Just booked a lake for early October,  drive & survive this time for me ,unlike back in early spring . Can't wait especially as there's  some big commons to try a trip up . 

Not sure I would of had my bait turning up the day before though .... maybe bring it forward a day or two , just to be safe ? 

I trust ABS Geezer

😉

When I order from ABS they say it will be a week....... theve never been late, and I think im a bit further than smufter...... in saying that I’d of given myself at least a 48hr lead...... I got semi  preserved for my french trip and they was fine,I did freeze em when I was home tho 😉😬

On 22/06/2019 at 23:12, snowmanstevo said:

When I order from ABS they say it will be a week....... theve never been late, and I think im a bit further than smufter...... in saying that I’d of given myself at least a 48hr lead...... I got semi  preserved for my french trip and they was fine,I did freeze em when I was home tho 😉😬

Spoke to Paul at ABS yesterday, he is putting just a smidgen of preserver in them to be on the safe side and they are being dispatched to arrive here on the Thursday, two days before the off. Haven't got room in the freezer for them, so will keep them in the coolest place I can find and freeze them the minute I get to the lake. I've absolutely no doubt they'll be fine. 

Our only wish now is that the temperatures out there drop a little from their records highs at the moment. Don't fancy sitting out there in mid 30's temps. although I'm not planning on having the rods out during the heat of the day so as to rest the swim. Really looking forward to this one......👍

Bait turned up yesterday all okay. "Decanted" into session bags and half of them popped in the freezer to help keep the rest cool on the way down.
Look and feel, superb, (as always with ABS stuff). Nice light colour, they look like they'll wash out well. Unique smell. Chocolatey, with a fruity twist, and something else I can't quite put my finger on.
This new bait has been hammering it everywhere, let's just hope the Frenchies like it too!!
Yesterday was spent charging everything up. Kitchen looked like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind with all the lights flashing lol!!

Edited by smufter

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Bait turned up yesterday all okay. "Decanted" into session bags and half of them popped in the freezer to help keep the rest cool on the way down.
Look and feel, superb, (as always with ABS stuff). Nice light colour, they look like they'll wash out well. Unique smell. Chocolatey, with a fruity twist, and something else I can't quite put my finger on.
This new bait has been hammering it everywhere, let's just hope the Frenchies like it too!!
Yesterday was spent charging everything up. Kitchen looked like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind with all the lights flashing lol!!

2t-b ?

spacer.pngNothing much more to report. One of the guys lost one last night, I had a screaming run and ended up landing a 25lb Catfish. God I hate them with a passion. Cooler this morning and overcast, so hopefully they might come on the feed later on. 

Fingers crossed. 

Edited by smufter

Well back home and absolutely pooped!

Ended up catching two carp (40lb 2oz Mirror) and a 32lb Common. Two Catfish, one at 25lb the other about 15lb (didn't weigh it). Also had a lovely little Tench which went about 3lb not big but it was nice to see as I love Tench and haven't caught one for donkey's years!

One of the other lads, Darren, caught a lovely 51lb Common, biggest fish of the week and a new pb smashing his previous 37lb. Great going and hats off to him because he stuck it out all week in a swim that had produced nothing really all week.

Tough going though. Baking hot weather for much of the week, water level was way down on the lake. Smashing venue though, ideal set up, I'd go again, only not in July. The mozzies were crippling. 

• 2 years later...

lake Beauregard France Review.

WARNING-DO NOT BOOK THiS LAKE. If you actually want you booking to be honoured.

Booked this lake back in 2019. For 2020. Paid the deposit of £600. Everything fine. Then Covid hit. No ones fault, so booking was pushed back to 2021 as deposit was not refundable. Second wave of covid in 2021 so booking was pushed back again to 3 rd Sept 2022. We all know how much planning goes into these trips, research on the water, travel arrangements, bait issue, given that we can’t take bait to France now we’re out of Europe, Given the fact that I am disabled aswell it becomes a logistical challenge ( left leg above knee amputee). So I had to make sure I had the help I needed to make this an enjoyable trip. H place. With gear, level peg, washing facilities. Spoke to the owners and they assured me that everything was good. We are now 8 weeks prior to going. Travel is booked, baits bought and paid for ( we’re picking them up from a dealer in France) , everything in place. Emailed the owner 14 weeks prior to holiday to ask when the balance was due and was told 2 July. All good Got an email from the owners 23rd June, just over 8 weeks before we go, saying that due to an oversight on their side, they have had another booking for the same week from Dream carp holidays, ( email from then went astray,) so our holiday was cancelled, but we can have another week over the next two years for the same price. ( REMEMBER OUR TRIP WAS BOOKED 3 YEARS AGO, WITH THE FINAL DATE CONFIRMED A YEAR AGO) so, travel is booked, bait done, and they have basically cancelled us even though we were first booked in , in favour of dream carp holidays ( not their fault, blame here is totally with the owners), as they are a big company they get more more business for the them. well lake Beauregard, This is absolutely no way to run a business. 6 people now, one disabled have lost their holiday due to the owners mess up and favouring the big companies even thought we were booked in first. 

But you did offer to give us another week in a year or two for the same price. LAUGHABLE.

No offer of a refund, ( I had to ask for this and reluctantly they agreed to repay our money, which has now been done). 

No offer of compensation for the nearly £1000 we have paid on travel arrangements and bait. 

No offer of any recompense at all when this was all their fault.

So from a disabled person ( myself) who has not had a break for 3 years, and who doesn’t get to fish anywhere near as much as I’d like to, thank you lake Beauregard for ruining what I’ve looked forward to for 3 years, and costing me a fortune on the way. As mentioned, IF YOU WANT YOUR TRIP TO GO AHEAD, DO NOT BOOK THIS LAKE OR DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.