August catch reports.....

smufter

7 hours ago, finchey said:

How did you get on mate. 😀 

Any luck with those new rods of yours. 👍

No mate. Pretty dire day to be honest. Very hot and sultry, Packed up a little bit earlier than usual as there was a storm forecast, timed it to perfection. As I left the fishery the heavens opened. We desperately need some rain, water level has dropped about 18" in the last 6 weeks or so.

Got a 24 booked for next Mon/Tuesday. Hopefully the cooler weather that's on the cards might bring them on the munch a bit. Fingers crossed.

Edited by smufter

My and me son went today for the 1st time and caught 4 little ones. 1 picture didn't turn out great so haven't put that on. Had more bites but I think a lack of experience and confidence meant I missed them. Will start working up to the big ones in the next few months.

6.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_20180809_192310.jpg

P.s I am not drunk, just not photogenic lol

Edited by PandA698

3 hours ago, crusian said:

It would make my season just to catch that beautiful Carp once ! .

😃

I was over the moon fella, recapture or not, firstly for the capture and secondly the fact things are just starting to happen for me on this water. 4 tench also fell to the same rigs and bait which shows everything is just right. I've waited a long time and put in a lot of work. I truly believe some waters won't give up their treasure until you've earned it, until you've done enough. Every capture out of this place is going to be something special, all in all, I'm really enjoying my time :)

1 hour ago, Gazlaaar said:

I was over the moon fella, recapture or not, firstly for the capture and secondly the fact things are just starting to happen for me on this water. 4 tench also fell to the same rigs and bait which shows everything is just right. I've waited a long time and put in a lot of work. I truly believe some waters won't give up their treasure until you've earned it, until you've done enough. Every capture out of this place is going to be something special, all in all, I'm really enjoying my time :)

Couldn’t agree more! I’ve done three seasons (not exclusively) on braxted back for one tench and one 29lb’er but I agree with your sentiment when the time is rite and you’ve done the leg work things will come good.

absolute banger of a fish too 😉 👍🏻