multi rig questions

cloud9

2 minutes ago, yonny said:

I can guarantee you lads, we get done regularly on ALL rigsย ๐Ÿ˜ซ

Agreed you only need to look at underwater footage to realise we get lucky only a few times !ย 

But as Iโ€™ve said Iโ€™ve never reeled in with the D moved itโ€™s always been in the set position and I use 4/6 hooks myself Vic

Just now, yonny said:

Totally mate, scary innit?!!!!!

Iโ€™m sure I read on here many moons ago that one of the members called it a day after watching the underwater stuff and took up fluff chucking because he couldnโ€™t get his head round how many times we get done.๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Them pesky carp can sometimes be one step ahead ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŽฃ

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I wasn't happy with 1 I wanted to take it off and turn it but it was stuck on so I added another

You will learn very quickly on St Ives that for the sake of a hook stop that's worth about 10p it is not worth working around little mistakes. Just start again mate. Not worth it.

p.s. you're right, the first hook stop is upside down.

Those lakes are not easy. 'Close enough' with any aspect of your fishing is not good enough imo. Cut the hook stop off and do it right or start again from scratch bud, it's a 5 minute job.ย 

18 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

My first multi rig probably a bit high but may still work

Again, not worth sitting there blanking to find out mate. If you think it's too high, bin it and start again. The key to catching lots of tricky carp is to have every tiny percentage working in your favour. Close enough is not the one!

Practise makes perfect mate,tie a few even with some mono if you donโ€™t want to lose braid youโ€™ll soon get use to the size of loop you need and the break in the coated braid is too big just a small nick is all thatโ€™s need. Before you know it youโ€™ll be doing loops just big enough to get round your hook and have a nice well presented multi-rig. 90% of my rigs are multi-rigs I have total faith in them and have been using them for around 4 years.

They are a decent bottom bait rig,as well ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŽฃ

Just now, yonny said:

Good man, looking much better mate๐Ÿ‘Œ

I think we all know when something is not 100% right. It's those that act on that that catch the kippers๐Ÿ‘

I tie up a lot of rigs usually until they become second nature I find it's the only way to learn about how it works, what I think I like about the multi rig is the fact it should spin and hook more takes, I got done a few times by bream the other weekend so improvents can be made this looks like it could work betterย 

Totally agree with you should be the perfect pop up rig for me at presentย 

I run out of my esp coated braid today just ordered some of bank tackles coated braid, I got sent a sample of it and I liked what I saw, I do like there hooks as well tbh, got a few different types to play with now,ย 

• 2 months later...
On 03/06/2019 at 11:01, snowmanstevo said:

They are a decent bottom bait rig,as well ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŽฃ

Hi stevo a quick question for you about the multi rig, when you use it for bottom baits do you make it up any differently ( I.e do you still make a break in the coating on the braid and still but shot or putty on it? ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ย 

27 minutes ago, finchey said:

Hi stevo a quick question for you about the multi rig, when you use it for bottom baits do you make it up any differently ( I.e do you still make a break in the coating on the braid and still but shot or putty on it? ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ย 

I do mine exactly the same, just a different hook pattern.ย 

45 minutes ago, finchey said:

What patterns do you use for bottom and pop ups and do you use Wafters with this rig? ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ย 

I find wafters work fine with my set up, I use a piece of silicone and a size 4 bank tackle wide gape pattern for both pop up and wafter as I like the way the eye and silicone work together, still not sure about bottom bait hook choice though as I tend to not use them at present, but I wouldn't worry about using this rig with a bottom baitย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, finchey said:

Well I tied 3 multi rigs up tonight, I'll hopefully be trying them on Monday with both bottom baits and pop ups.ย 

I'll fish one rod with multi and one on a hair and see how I get on. Can't wait not been for a few weeks. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

On Fan finch ??