multi rig questions

cloud9

On 08/07/2023 at 21:30, salokcinnodrog said:

I rarely used anything other than straight from the bag boilies on the hair.

I used a straight from the bag one on a snowman last night it had been lightly glugged but some git had had it away and left the pop up when I reeled it in. Must have been those pesky rudd I reckon, payback for ejecting some of their family yesterday in the Rudd match, 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I used a straight from the bag one on a snowman last night it had been lightly glugged but some git had had it away and left the pop up when I reeled it in. Must have been those pesky rudd I reckon, payback for ejecting some of their family yesterday in the Rudd match, 

I think last year's extreme hot weather was a very good reproduction year, and the small fish have been pecking baits.

I noticed on Suffolk Water Park that baits would be pecked to nothing by tiny rudd and roach even in the margins.

A standard boilie is softer than a pop-up, so it might be time to mesh them or even resort to wooden balls.

I've had to do that to avoid blooming tufties and swans as well as silvers.

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think last year's extreme hot weather was a very good reproduction year, and the small fish have been pecking baits.

I noticed on Suffolk Water Park that baits would be pecked to nothing by tiny rudd and roach even in the margins.

A standard boilie is softer than a pop-up, so it might be time to mesh them or even resort to wooden balls.

I've had to do that to avoid blooming tufties and swans as well as silvers.

The pop ups always come in fine tbh, I might just have to use a hard hookbait or stick to pop ups or  something, just really fancied using a snowman, just goes to show all my bait is being destroyed by them though, cos you can probably bet the freebies went first, that was an 18mm bait too, 24mm next I think 😲

17 hours ago, commonly said:

Happens to me sometimes. Never really a particular hook bait, but always on a snowman???

The pop is always fine 

Used to happen to me with crayfish on Nazeing.

I had the meshed bottom bait attacked and the mesh actually cut, yet the pop-up was left. I landed a number of carp that had taken what was left of the bottom bait and the pop-up.

If the little gits had time, then the pop-up was taken after the bottom bait.

Switching to wooden balls as snowman, the pop-up was taken, you'd retrieve a thread knotted to the hair loop. The knot held the ball in place on the hair.

I have a feeling its nuisance species. No crays on the res that I know of. Its a bit frustrating when I've sat behind the rod for a good few hours. 12-24 if I know my traps are set ok.

The Biomass was well above average last year. The pike and perch have done well, with no cats, zander or sturgeon. 

Hard hookbaits for the snowman, usually come back in ok. Just no carp on the end since last year.

Looking forward to the social where hopefully have a chance if a few fish in front of me🫰🙏