Thought of the Day pt.2

greekskii

I cannot believe that you all are happy to spend your money on fancy tackle bait etc and then sit there getting bit or stung or spend money on chemicals to repel both insect and fish, a bit stupid in my book. Spend a little on a Thermacell and be done with all flying insect full stop.

23 minutes ago, levigsp said:

I cannot believe that you all are happy to spend your money on fancy tackle bait etc and then sit there getting bit or stung or spend money on chemicals to repel both insect and fish, a bit stupid in my book. Spend a little on a Thermacell and be done with all flying insect full stop.

Having a bad reaction to bites two weeks on the trot , I'm looking into this is there one you would recommend I'm thinking the one that uses a normal gas canister  

4 hours ago, oscsha said:

Having a bad reaction to bites two weeks on the trot , I'm looking into this is there one you would recommend I'm thinking the one that uses a normal gas canister  

Just called in to my local go-out-doors they have the full range, will be getting one for next time i go. can't stand citronella myself and the skin so soft needs near constant application the deet stuff can work out pricey.

Not sure which to get myself probably be the backpack version. 

Thake a word of advice, buy the M300, you can by pads for it on ebay/amazon for pennies, if you tight, refill the gas canisters[you tube]  Clip it to you trouser, belt pocket etc and everywhere you go no biters within 20 feet, they are so unobtrusive you wont notice them. Why buy the big bulky things if not needed. Only time I would use one of them is in a great big indoor area , log cabin or the like.

Go for it mate.

I went last night.

Got down there about 9pm.

Couple of the regulars were just leaving looking burnt and they blanked.

I stayed till 12,30 am and had 2 .

In this weather the 1st couple of hours of darkness always produces for me.

Ain't like I can sleep in this weather anyway so would of just been indoors all hot and bothered.

best time of the year to get out i'd say, seeing your water at its most busey with the wildlife is always entertaining, seeing all the big fish cruising around the surface just sunning themselves.

Besides if Britain is going into a new golden age, hiding from the midday sun won't cut it. lol.

• 2 weeks later...