May catch reports................

smufter

Gave up and came home early in the end.

The scum on that swim got worse and worse as the day progressed. Lots of catkins and blossom falling off the nearby trees, you could hardly get your line through it in the end, and the catkins, once wet, were clinging to your line and clogging up the eyes of the rods.

Never mind

Finally managed to get on some fish this weekend after a savage 12 night blank run over the course of the spring. It's been rammed every time I've been and I've really struggled to get near any carp. I'd started believing my new net was cursed as it's not seen a fish since I bought it. On the last morning just as I was deciding that I can't catch carp, I'm a rubbish angler, and everything I've ever caught has been complete luck, I got a take. It weeded me up badly but at least the curse of the new net was broken. With the curse gone it took me 20 seconds to get my next bite as the other rod roared off. Got this one in without issues, a lovely mustard coloured common with a big rudder at 25 lb. Back to the weeded up fish. It wasn't coming out so we got the boat and managed to free it that way. It got itself in another weedbed so we freed it again. After a total of maybe 25 minutes I managed to bundle this big ball of weed in the net. Inside I found....... a 14 lb stocky. Lol.

No monsters but very happy indeed to be off the mark at long last.

On 15/05/2018 at 11:51, smufter said:

Scummy swim.... 😔

IMG_20180515_114840.jpg

So that's where the catkins and blossom came from on my lake 😡 , even when the wind died the surface drift kept changing direction . Towards the end of my session even if I'd hooked a Carp my tip ring would have got jammed up on the retrieve as you said .

I fished yesterday as that was my rotating day off this week ; too hot , too bright , and the wind died , but today 🙄.

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Finally managed to get on some fish this weekend after a savage 12 night blank run over the course of the spring. It's been rammed every time I've been and I've really struggled to get near any carp. I'd started believing my new net was cursed as it's not seen a fish since I bought it. On the last morning just as I was deciding that I can't catch carp, I'm a rubbish angler, and everything I've ever caught has been complete luck, I got a take. It weeded me up badly but at least the curse of the new net was broken. With the curse gone it took me 20 seconds to get my next bite as the other rod roared off. Got this one in without issues, a lovely mustard coloured common with a big rudder at 25 lb. Back to the weeded up fish. It wasn't coming out so we got the boat and managed to free it that way. It got itself in another weedbed so we freed it again. After a total of maybe 25 minutes I managed to bundle this big ball of weed in the net. Inside I found....... a 14 lb stocky. Lol.

No monsters but very happy indeed to be off the mark at long last.

Glad you've got your mojo back , Yonny , can't have you on a downer , you're one of the anglers I'm following for inspiration .

😀

3 hours ago, greekskii said:

I eluded to it on Friday night so now here they are. Weights being; 20.10lb, 21.08lb and 23.04lb respectively. 

Thats 8 20s in a row for me now! Good end to my season on the estate lake. 

97634D1A-0BD3-47FD-BF64-01308432B9BF.jpeg

EC8A83C0-9163-4782-8B47-DE2A5F3C14B2.jpeg

6FD41FEE-A134-4C7E-AC01-77FDC5C4FFF3.jpeg

lovin it bud,, keep up the good stuff :wink:

3 hours ago, greekskii said:

I eluded to it on Friday night so now here they are. Weights being; 20.10lb, 21.08lb and 23.04lb respectively. 

Thats 8 20s in a row for me now! Good end to my season on the estate lake. 

97634D1A-0BD3-47FD-BF64-01308432B9BF.jpeg

EC8A83C0-9163-4782-8B47-DE2A5F3C14B2.jpeg

6FD41FEE-A134-4C7E-AC01-77FDC5C4FFF3.jpeg

I see what you mean about the mouth damage mate. That’s shocking. 

Awesome angling though pal. Completed! 

21 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I see what you mean about the mouth damage mate. That’s shocking. 

Awesome angling though pal. Completed! 

It’s a shame some are so bad. Then there’s fish like the leather my mate had. Only evidence of a hook hold was the one from his hook. Not even a healed one. So how often does that fish come out! Still some gems in there.