October Catch Reports

salokcinnodrog

I cant get out until a guest session on Fox Pool a week on Friday! It's doing my head in because the fish are all over my spots on the lake. I was down doing some final strimming of the year at the weekend. After putting the supplementary feed in on Saturday, along with a good helping of my bait, the fish were smashing it up on Sunday!!!!!

Last week, a member had a right session getting 12 bites over 4 days. I had 4 in a morning weekend before last.  Like I said - it's really doing my nut in as I know they won't be on the feed like this for long!!!!! I am looking forward to fishing such a history lake next Friday though.

I've got a trip planned myself from today.

The algae on the lake hasn't helped this year, and I think that the big fish may be spooking off regular topping up of bait with the spod/spomb. It may be that I pile it in at the start, then sit on it for a few days!

Just a little one...

9 o-clock'ish at night, an absolute screaming run on a running lead, 360 rig with a 20mm Garlic Spice pop-up as the hookbait.

Sorry the pics aren't the best, but I was more concerned with getting it back asap, didn't want to retain it for too long.

I'd already faffed about having to change batteries on camera and then reset that.

Nazeing 32lb

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I was having limited success on the swim I was fishing so I decided to move down the river and find a new spot. Found a nice little bay with some lily pad. Baited it up in the morning and again in the evening. Next morning went fishing, caught 6 carps out of 9 runs ( 2 pull-out and 1 snag). Went again at night the following day and I caught my biggest so far ( only been carping for about a month). 

I didn't have a scale so I cant tell for sure the weight, but I'm pretty sure its a 30+

30poundish.jpg

Edited by Kwoui

8 hours ago, Kwoui said:

I was having limited success on the swim I was fishing so I decided to move down the river and find a new spot. Found a nice little bay with some lily pad. Baited it up in the morning and again in the evening. Next morning went fishing, caught 6 carps out of 9 runs ( 2 pull-out and 1 snag). Went again at night the following day and I caught my biggest so far ( only been carping for about a month). 

I didn't have a scale so I cant tell for sure the weight, but I'm pretty sure its a 30+

30poundish.jpg

nice  !

Sitting here waiting for a taxi to the airport so thought I'd pop this up quickly.

Good sesh this week. Turned up Friday and spent eons looking for them. About 4 hours it took but it turned out they were stacked up in a little swim I had a bite or 2 from earlier in the year. I knew that spodding would push them out so I did so from left to right, Hoping it would push them into shallower water rather than out into the main body of water to my left. It worked, and they drifted off to the right. I knew they'd be back.

04:30 I had a brutal take, a real violent one. It took my 5 seconds to get to the rod, too late, solid in weed. I tried everything to extract it, everything, but nothing worked. It was solid. Five hours later (!) we took to the boat. Lost it, GUTTED! So I'm sulking, dreaming of what could have been, when the other rod rips off. Hit it, feels like a good'n. Play it out for 5 mins and it surfaces some way out, i recognise it straight away, one on my list, a torpedo shaped male with a pointy head, the colour of coal, and I'm buzzing when it goes in the net. 31 lb 6 oz and I forget about the lost fish.

I get some kip after my busy morning and redo the rods early afternoon. Looks good and by darkness I'm seeing loads of carp. They're all over my right hand rod and I'm thinking I'll not have to wait for the normal early morning bite time. I'm right and at 9pm I get a screamer and land an awesome chunky common of 29 lb 6 oz. Get in!

Next morning I swear I'm at a loss to explain why I didn't have another. They were smashing out over the right hand rod and then later there was fizzing over my left hand spot for 4 hours. No more bites, weird.

Packed up and home, happy with the sesh.

Sorted.

On 04/10/2017 at 13:26, Ginger9991 said:

Had 3 from 4 hours at layer pits last night. Best fish was the below at 20LB 10oz. Not to many mirrors in there so well happy with this guy. Shame the lake im doing a bit of a campaign on isnt being as fruitful, I blanked over there on a quick night session.

IMG_1443[1].JPG

I spent most of my teenage years fishing Layer. Never did catch a mirror out of there :( Good angling :)