A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Gazlaaar

managed another outing yesterday "same water and same swim"and almost the same tactics  :P ,same result as well  :rolleyes: ,joking aside though im feeling A LOT more comfortable and settled whist fishing ,i fished one rod on a tigernut snowman and the other rod on a plain double tigernut and the other on a method feeder with various offerings out of my baiting/spod mix,one plus was during a lull in the rain i had 2 fish show themselves straight out from me , i couldn't get out to them though as im guessing around 150 yards + or there about ,still its food for thought and a confidence boost for next time ,hopefully end of the week !

Did you get any more of those weird liners you were getting?

150yds, that's a long old chuck. Certainly further than I could get.

You sound like you're enjoying it all and that's what its all about. I've had to postpone my 24hr session that I should've done last night. Itching to get out later this week now. Might be able to get a quick walk round in at some point and plop a few handfuls in. Good luck on your next session.

no ,no more liners ,the more i think about it im convinced now they were dropped baits,possibly off the bream in there ! yep really enjoying being back and that distance is to much for me (i used to be able to get around 130-140yds with a clipped down rig with shore gear) but not with any carp gear and arthritis  :mrgreen:  ! nice to see and a confidence booster all the same as because of the low stock and size of the water its a rare occurrence .likewise on yours bud  :wink:

I know Taska don't do them, little tiny tungsten hook beads. I've got a selection of standard rubber hook beads, but as far as I know, there aren't any on the market. In fact it was a bit weird not being able to find any as these days you can get almost anything you need.

Just wanted to add a bit of weight to the hook bend. Been using putty on whipped cotton and also no 8 shot on cotton. Don't trust the putty with pva stick. And the shot doesn't really sit right. Basically both these methods work, but it would be a whole lot easier and quicker if there was a small bead I could use. If I mould putty onto a standard hook bead, it narrows the gape a bit too much for my likng.

I'm sure fox do a weighted hook bead.

Watched a video about it on YouTube once.

• 2 weeks later...

Tweak time :)

My last session saw me getting all excited, as I was able to reach within 10 yards of the far bank in the out of bounds area, with rigs and midi spomb woohoo. It's taken a while but I think I'm in the groove of getting over there now. Strange because all of a sudden the water feels and looks smaller. I think it's just psychological, nevertheless confidence is growing.

My excitement was elevated when I saw a large grey plated mirror bosh out right over my baited area, my rig must of been within a few yards, yet nothing, not even a bleep all night. So, new tweaks, I've lengthened my hooklink to 12 inches, as it's weedy, and I'm using a completely different hookbait on one rod, to see if these tricky fish fancy a fishy delight. I've been using a nutty cream bait so far and will continue that trend but I'd like to offer something a little different on one rod, we shall see :)

A bit of a diversion, but this brolly system is the best one I've ever used and really suits my short sessions, I've used it in the coldest weather and the hottest. I very rarely use the front, only when a lot of bugs are around or if I find myself in a position to be facing driving rain. It's simple and very quick to put up and very easy to take down and pack away.

I love mine and I'd truly be gutted if anything happened to it :)

I only mention because the colder is looming and it saw me through last year and I have no doubt it will cope easily with what ever mother nature has in store this year.

20161007_160128_zpss8v1xc2w.jpg

Edited by Gazlaaar

Steve, there's two kilo there to be spread over a largish area, this is nothing, I've been baiting the same spot for nearly eight weeks now, it's slowly getting primed, I'm in no rush, although I would like one fish before christmas

Gaz i hope you catch that elusive fish , the stinky the better .

You use hemp oil ?

But cm i sort of agree pva time . But dose pva breakdown slow in winter ?

tight lines

dave

You use hemp oil ?

tight lines

dave

PVA dissolve time definitely slows down as the temperature drops :wink:

Which is why all brands need to be tested to check dissolve times in summer and winter.

In fact each batch of PVA is different, so a test from each mesh, spool or bag should be tested.

PVA dissolve time definitely slows down as the temperature drops :wink:

Which is why all brands need to be tested to check dissolve times in summer and winter.

In fact each batch of PVA is different, so a test from each mesh, spool or bag should be tested.

What to you think of pva products as they clam a good dissolve time ?

tight lines

dave

What to you think of pva products as they clam a good dissolve time ?

tight lines

dave

Put it this way, I currently only use Kryston Meltdown PVA for string, ESP for bags, and Fox Mesh. Their claims are correct, not all of the others are.

In fact sad to say, after an incident with Nash PVA I will never use that brand again. I left a packet of bags in my trouser pocket as they went through the washing machine on a 40 degree wash. The bag at the end had water in, the PVA was still undissolved.

I did used to use Mo's co PVA, but sadly he stopped trading, and obviously now I work in a tackle shop I get my PVA at staff price, not rrp, so have no need to go via T'internet.

Put it this way, I currently only use Kryston Meltdown PVA for string, ESP for bags, and Fox Mesh. Their claims are correct, not all of the others are.

In fact sad to say, after an incident with Nash PVA I will never use that brand again. I left a packet of bags in my trouser pocket as they went through the washing machine on a 40 degree wash. The bag at the end had water in, the PVA was still undissolved.

I did used to use Mo's co PVA, but sadly he stopped trading, and obviously now I work in a tackle shop I get my PVA at staff price, not rrp, so have no need to go via T'internet.

Do like fox but being on a budget do the best i can . But hurd good things about pva products

tight lines

dave

You use hemp oil ?

tight lines

dave

Cheers mate, I shall report from the bank tomorrow, not using any oil, there's plenty of liquid in the mix already.

Blended up corn does kick up a bit, got that one off Julian Cundiff :)