The football thread

Ah but the rotten core of the Apple has been removed and shipped north and the seeds of a new orchard are being sown .

We don't really care if we finish 17th as long as we are being entertained .

When West Ham fall away this year it'll be down to injuries , squad deficiencies , and generally not being good enough . Yet .

And not because Bilic dismantled an exciting winning team in order to make room for his love child and lurch :wink:

Besides , your still gutted about the way we slaughtered you at your place :) :)

Even you have to admit , that wasn't a one off freak result not having seen what has followed .

That Carragher article above is just a sign of what may be to come from the press boys .

It's only a matter of time before they start concentrating on what West Ham are achieving rather than blaming results on the 'big' boys mistakes.

Here's to the Wet Spam way :)

The west ham way? , is that beat the top 4 and then only get 1 point off the 3 promoted teams?

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool looking a lot better team yesterday against Manchester City under Jurgen Klopp, even with the difficult start he had.

Chelsea only managing a 1-0 win over Norwich seems to show how far off the pace they are.

Great result for the Reds...... Good performance,played well but if I'm being totally honest,city were really poor,and definitely gave us a helping hand.

Our next 6 games are against teams that I'd like to think are all beatable..... So the cups still half full

• 1 month later...

I agree Tim,it's basically Rodgers team he's had. We've had some amazing performances under him. And some really poor ones.

He will be given time. So are your lot gunna knick a top 4 then ?

Do you know what Steve , I really don't care that much mate as long as we finish top half .

It's been so refreshing just to watch a decent game of football compared to what we've been used to recently that ANYTHING is an upgrade on the prehistoric tactics we've suffered for the last 4 years .

I know the man was given a brief and fulfilled it for the first 2 seasons and everyone down here appreciates that as a job well done but his brand of football is outdated , boring and won't save the Mackems this year and it's a shame because they are like the Geordies , what I consider "proper" fans.

For once I feel totally vindicated and I'm glad I wasn't careful what I wished for :)

Great Prrmier League this year , anyone can beat anyone , nothing is certain and everyone's loving it ....

Do you know what Steve , I really don't care that much mate as long as we finish top half .

It's been so refreshing just to watch a decent game of football compared to what we've been used to recently that ANYTHING is an upgrade on the prehistoric tactics we've suffered for the last 4 years .

I know the man was given a brief and fulfilled it for the first 2 seasons and everyone down here appreciates that as a job well done but his brand of football is outdated , boring and won't save the Mackems this year and it's a shame because they are like the Geordies , what I consider "proper" fans.

For once I feel totally vindicated and I'm glad I wasn't careful what I wished for :)

Great Prrmier League this year , anyone can beat anyone , nothing is certain and everyone's loving it ....

It's certainly turning into an interesting season. I think you have got a good chance of being involved for the race for 4th..... It certainly won't be as open next season i think.

It's certainly turning into an interesting season. I think you have got a good chance of being involved for the race for 4th..... It certainly won't be as open next season i think.

For sure Steve , the big clubs will spend BIG on the back of that tv deal .

Tottenham'll spend a few quid too :wink:

I'm surprised that you managed to get that post out without breaking into fits of laughter, Stevo.

Honestly, Wet Spam getting into the top 4 Baaaaa hahahahahahahaha (Welcome back, CM (Sorry Tim :wink: ) (I'm not really :P:lol: ))

Be careful what you wish for . VERY careful ! :):wink: