one from my recent trip to bluewater lakes

emmcee

Mr Emm , after consistently catching fish like these how do you keep motivated ?

Seriously ?

good question mr newmarket. what i do is set a target for myself and once its achieved i set another. in my fishing in england im on a few syndicates that hold some big fish. so when i hopefully bank one im straight onto the next biggun in that lake. ive been on one of my syndicates on and off for 10yrs now and there are 2 main targets left me but they are not the be all and aend all. its all about enjoying myself at the end of the day. as for fishing in france its the same. ive caught that 56lb mirror and next id like a 60lb carp. obviously you need that size of fish in the lake to achieve that target. bluewater lakes holds around 8x60's, 20 or more 50's and as for 40's and 30's even the owner dont know as there are that many so my targets are achievable in time but most importantly i dont put pressure on myself to achieve them, if they are achieved then all is good but if not i wont have sleepless nights. up until the last 4 or 5 yrs fishing was the most important thing in the world to me, but in the last 4 or 5 yrs i feel ive relaxed more and now mix fishing with a weekend out with mates or family etc and ive got  a good blend which i feel makes me angle better.

good question mr newmarket. what i do is set a target for myself and once its achieved i set another. in my fishing in england im on a few syndicates that hold some big fish. so when i hopefully bank one im straight onto the next biggun in that lake. ive been on one of my syndicates on and off for 10yrs now and there are 2 main targets left me but they are not the be all and aend all. its all about enjoying myself at the end of the day. as for fishing in france its the same. ive caught that 56lb mirror and next id like a 60lb carp. obviously you need that size of fish in the lake to achieve that target. bluewater lakes holds around 8x60's, 20 or more 50's and as for 40's and 30's even the owner dont know as there are that many so my targets are achievable in time but most importantly i dont put pressure on myself to achieve them, if they are achieved then all is good but if not i wont have sleepless nights. up until the last 4 or 5 yrs fishing was the most important thing in the world to me, but in the last 4 or 5 yrs i feel ive relaxed more and now mix fishing with a weekend out with mates or family etc and ive got a good blend which i feel makes me angle better.

Excellent mate , long may it continue .

I'm never likely to be in a similar position myself but i feel there are far too many people in this game that take it far too seriously , put too much pressure on themselves and end up either almost giving up on it altogether ( the particular water that is ) or come on this forum moaning and expecting everyone else to catch the fish for them.

Personally i like a bit of a challenge ( on the lake i fish there are 2 or 3 x 30's , any one of em'll do ) but if i sit there and blank for weeks on end it wouldnt bother me in the least because i love the solitude , peace & quiet , and dont take it too seriously .

Once again well done mate i am jealous :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

so in all i had fish of 48-00, 45-04, 38-00,33-00,27-08 and 19-04. 6 anglers went and we managed 48 fish in total, with my one mate having the biggest and most. he had a 66lb mirror plus 3x50's and 5x40's and the rest of his 18 fish haul 30's and 20's. so despite the bad weather which we had as a group we done ok or at least my mate did :mrgreen: