Good old Korda ......

newmarket

On a positive note, Korda endorse and promote safe angling and their team are good role models. This is especially important when influencing young anglers. I enjoy watching Thinking Tackle, in fact I enjoy watching any fishing program . Apart from Robson Green.

When it comes down to inventing or more to word ' claiming' to have invented something, I think the term innovating being more accurate. They do make good products, and I use a fair few of them myself.

Edited by hawkman

When I was in a hospital bed I whatched fishing on TV, on a thinking tackle program DF was talking to someone, I think called Tom and he clearly stated that the nacked chod was his development of the normal chod set up and he then went on to show the EXACT setup that has been described on this forum and others.

As to the KD, sorry but I do not know what that rig is. :oops:

If you read the link in my post for the naked choc you will see that Korda claim Ben Freeman (Who incidentally is not a Korda consultant :wink: ) invented the rig.

If you read the link on the KD rig, Korda claim that Steve Eves (Who is also not a Korda consultant :wink: ).

I have no idea whether either of these anglers actually invented the rigs in question, I'm merely pointing out that Korda clearly do not claim to have invented either on their website :wink:

Alot korda haters have just spent to much time watching Thinking Tackle. People moan about the advertiseing but they watch endless hours off free dvds and Korda programmes what do you expect.

The haters also get annoyed when the tactics they have learnt from there arm chairs dont work when they go fishing. Its not poor water craft its kordas fault.lol.

Alot korda haters have just spent to much time watching Thinking Tackle. People moan about the advertiseing but they watch endless hours off free dvds and Korda programmes what do you expect.

The haters also get annoyed when the tactics they have learnt from there arm chairs dont work when they go fishing. Its not poor water craft its kordas fault.lol.

You mean brainwashing Liam :)

Another example of DF marketing, they are nothing new and have been made by the likes of VMC and used by french anglers for some time.

The Korda state that they were invented by one of their golden boys, eh, I dont think so.

whether the crank hooks are new or not is neither here nor there for me, i walked into my local tackle shop, saw them, liked them, used them and ive landed every hooked fish on them since. i would of brought them if they had been fox, e.s.p, ace, nash or whoever, its the first time ive seen a hook pattern like this apart from in match fishing where a size 14 hook is no good to me. and i dont purchase items on the back of a dvd or whatever. i make my own choices and my own mistakes and i learn by them.

whether the crank hooks are new or not is neither here nor there for me, i walked into my local tackle shop, saw them, liked them, used them and ive landed every hooked fish on them since. i would of brought them if they had been fox, e.s.p, ace, nash or whoever, its the first time ive seen a hook pattern like this apart from in match fishing where a size 14 hook is no good to me. and i dont purchase items on the back of a dvd or whatever. i make my own choices and my own mistakes and i learn by them.

Morning Em mate , are you using these hooks just for chods or other rigs ?

Morning Em mate , are you using these hooks just for chods or other rigs ?

just been using the normal crank hooks tied up with a knotless knot on a 10" hooklink and with my usual wafter hookbait with a spread of boilies. i have purchased the chod cranks but have yet to use them as my fishing situation doesnt warrant a chod at the moment, also im very reluctant to change my current choice of chod hook if im honest. but i have some incase 

• 3 weeks later...

Same, i love Muggas, but they are blunt out the pack.

Never had that problem.

If they are sharp enough to scrape thumbnail and flesh when I take them out the packet (as everyone has been so far), then they are sharp enough to hook fish.