delkims ?

I had a set of 3 Txi Pluses with the RX Pro receiver but due to financially difficulties had to reluctantly sell and currently using some Wychood ones that cost £14.99 each they are very basic but are currently doing the job but I do miss my Delks :(

Just priced up a set of 4 plus receiver and its almost £640 :shock:

I've got a set of top of the range fox alarms and a set of delkim txi and there is no comparison the delkims are in a league of their own.
why would anyoe buy a set of top of the range fox at £500? and a set of top of the range delks at the same price? seems a bit ott to me to have 2 sets of top of the range alarms tbh
Bought my set of delkims a few years back then 6 months ago my fishing partner gave up carping and was selling them for a very cheap price, with the halo light included, which is a great piece of kit , i thought he was mad so had them myself? They're good alarms no doubt but like i said not in the same league as delkims not even close IMO. Hope that clears up why i have both.

From Stewpots comments- It'd be cheaper to jump on a ferry and go and get a set from over there.

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've been asked to buy something in Guernsey to take back to the UK, or friends have asked me to order stuff online (minus VAT) for them to collect and take back after a visit.

Not that I ever would of course :wink:

to the OP...there are a lot of reasons why the more expensive alarms are better...they last longer, have more features (nightlights etc), work more efficiently and work in all weather conditions.

I started with the very first set of optonics as a birthday prezzie from my parents about 30+ years ago and have had a number of differrent brands ranging from the cheap to the expensive.

Some cheaper alarms appear to do the job...but most that i owned have limitations which stop them being reliable. My last cheaper set struggled in heavy rains and the line would sit on top of the water which sat on the wheel meaning the wheel didnt turn and i missed several runs due to this happening at night.

I currently own a maver set (T150) that retails for about £300, but got em in good nick from ebay for under £60. These alarms have never let me down in any weather so far and will do me until i can afford some TXis.

must have spent 2k on gear over the last year or so...i must resist!

• 10 years later...
On 24/07/2011 at 23:00, stewpot said:

I've had a set of 3 Txi plus and receiver for 18 months with no problems at all- including the battery cover fitting perfectly.

I've used them on a 48 hour session where it rained constantly - and I mean it rained for 48 hours. Non stop. No problems.

I have even dropped one in the lake and it still works fine.

Down here we don't pay VAT so I got my set, plus the night light hangers for under £400. I don't know if that is is good value for money or not. I'll let you know in 10 years

Well its 10 years later how did it end up? :D