Jump to content

commonly

Member
  • Posts

    1,030
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    82

Everything posted by commonly

  1. From what I can tell, I think he had caught a rudd on sweetcorn & the size 6 hook was enough to catch it. He swares he caught it on sweetcorn 😆
  2. My nine year old caught this while fishing a small farm pond, several weeks ago😍 whilst with his mate. He won't forget that one. He says it felt stuck so he just pulled harder😉 Size 6 hook in it's mouth.!!!! I have tried a couple of times to recatch it and weigh it, but only seem to get the small ones.
  3. Winter ticket for a local club water, as my eldest son wants to catch a barbel. Magic wand (I'll take any edge for the res) Lock hook size 4 Pva tape Came with a nice thankyou postcard, from Ali.
  4. Yep🫰 & my 9 year old son who has the bug atm. Frost Friday night and rain all day Saturday. Hopefully dry on Sunday for the arduous pack up
  5. Kids - vids Spellchecker🙄 and no edit button anymore?
  6. I came across this the other day. Some of his other vids are really good too. Short n sweet. Not plugging any gimmicks as far as I could tell, which puts me off alot of these youtubers.
  7. 😎
  8. Big congrats to your son. You must be proud? Is that a filter on the camera? Or, just a massive gut? Happy days catching fish like that
  9. Yep. You look full of Covid there mate. Best place to isolate. I feel a bit odd myself, might have to try that one on the missus😊
  10. I heard shares dropped in Sonik when you stopped mate. I hope you enjoy yourself on the bank. Best of British
  11. Haven't heard that one for ages. Quite right though
  12. Loading the reel is the easy bit. It takes 10 times longer, getting the old stuff off.
  13. Kingfisher, mate. There's a few beauties in there. I'm sure the others will post their captures, where as I will have to settle for a few rod shots & the view from the bivvy🤣
  14. Afternoon guys, As the title might suggest, we're planning a meet up, early March, in Buckinghamshire. The venue we have in mind is a bit special, so a bit hush, hush for now There's 4-5 spaces avaliable. Anyone interested?
  15. I'm sure there was another thread on this, but this was the only one I could find, so I'm sure this is the first time I'm paying over £50????
  16. 50 years, WOW! That's impressive quality, are they still producing rods? Any chance you could elaborate on the abbreviations mate? Apologies if I'm being ignorant.
  17. Nice one mate. Fair play for getting drowned, getting the great photo and perseverance
  18. As the title might suggest, I'd be interested to hear what fishing tackle you've brought, that has lasted and been good value for money. Hopefully , helping out others to invest in decent gear (some mark 2, 3, 4 versions can be lower quality, although not always the case). Looking around me, I have 3 items over 10 years old and still going strong. JRC 2 Man bivvy (takes a pounding on the res, but almost as good as new) Shimano XTR1000RA Baitrunners. Ruben Heaton scales (hardly used🫤) Most of my other kit has needed to be replaced, due to failing the test of time. Thanks in advance guys
  19. Just got set up. Result with the weather. Just hoping I might bag one🤞
  20. Thanks Elmo. I was torn to mention on here, as I'm quite likely to blank my but off😄 Really looking forward to it. Only got that long as it was my 50th this year. Work, family life and life have meant things don't always go to plan, but you got to make the most of what you've got. I can at least post a few views from the bivvy door and rod shots though😎
  21. That's almost a new set up mrmud. I've got 10k cell 10k isopro sweet. Hydrotuff in 20lb (had this on since 2020, with no issues at all, just need to reload the spools), tungsten putty and a replacement fox silk swinger. Got 6-7 nights on the res this weekend. Full moon next week (I'm hoping that might give me an advantage??) Happy hunting.
  22. Joking aside, it's not nice at all. I can't hear anything on my right side. Hopefully get a jetflushsaver and be sorted. I can't imagine what it'd be like to go completely deaf
  23. What?
×
×
  • Create New...