Today's thought.

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

1 pint of shandy

I could never get on with drinking I tried but it didn’t agree with me, I’m had a hangover with a pint of shandy 🙄 … but in the last 10 years I discovered Rum  🥃 

Don’t get a hangover must be the cola I have with it and the two paracetamol I take before bed 😂

27 minutes ago, B B said:

I could never get on with drinking I tried but it didn’t agree with me, I’m had a hangover with a pint of shandy 🙄 … but in the last 10 years I discovered Rum  🥃 

Don’t get a hangover must be the cola I have with it and the two paracetamol I take before bed 😂

JD man myself, ANY of em but the Honey with lemonade is best.

Did used to like a Navy Rum (Artemi) I think...

On 10/07/2024 at 22:19, salokcinnodrog said:

Hospital appointment on Friday to see about the quinsy, which feels like it has returned for the 3rd or 4th time . Looks like the tonsils are going to have to come out 

Hope it went well Nick

…you do seem to be having a bad run of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/07/2024 at 18:29, Higham1987 said:

Dont think there is any need really??

V2 of probably the best alarms out there.

Probably not, but sadly it is only sales that keep companies afloat. Produce a product that is perfect and lasts (for most) well beyond warranty you only get one sale. Make a new product within 5years or lifetime term you have more sales.

It is the way Fox alarms worked for years. Many products replaced before lifetime expired.

On 13/07/2024 at 23:22, B B said:

Hope it went well Nick

…you do seem to be having a bad run of it. 

I have a pre-op this week to see if I'm fit for surgery. I presume it is for the tonsillectomy as the abscess is apparently life threatening; if it bursts I could inhale the liquid (it tastes foul), if it swells up it could potentially stop me breathing, and when it does return, although not enlarged, I have blood poisoning symptoms which can be fatal.

12 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Probably not, but sadly it is only sales that keep companies afloat. Produce a product that is perfect and lasts (for most) well beyond warranty you only get one sale. Make a new product within 5years or lifetime term you have more sales.

It is the way Fox alarms worked for years. Many products replaced before lifetime expired.

I have a pre-op this week to see if I'm fit for surgery. I presume it is for the tonsillectomy as the abscess is apparently life threatening; if it bursts I could inhale the liquid (it tastes foul), if it swells up it could potentially stop me breathing, and when it does return, although not enlarged, I have blood poisoning symptoms which can be fatal.

Hope the pre-op goes well Nick , and you then get an early date for your operation .

😃 

• 2 weeks later...

Life just got even busier....

Myself working Monday to Saturday, same with Wife.

Grassroots Football season starts September, so that's Monday (6-8), Thursday (6-8) & Sunday (Games) for us.

Wife Trains Tuesdays (7-9) & Dances away (all day) Sundays.

+ on top of all that, my lad started MMA Training 2 weeks ago, due to some people/lads seeing him at Karate....so that's Karate (6.30-8) on Wednesdays & MMA Fridays (5.30-7)

So only a Saturday to do something IF we can 😲😲😲

• 2 weeks later...

Tonsillectomy on Monday.

I got a phone call from the hospital and they got me a priority date as it is so serious. It is supposed to be day surgery, so I should be out Monday evening, but just needing overnight care or supervision at home.

I called my mother to ask a series of favours: Sky sit, pick me up from hospital and put me and Sky up for the night.

Even better, she has developed my taste for real coffee

Hope it goes well Nick and it cures your problem. My daughter was getting tonsillitis about 4 times a year and it was really dragging her down. In frustration, she asked why she was getting it so often and heartless father chipped it that it was because she works in a germ factory (Nursery!)  Luckily she does seem a bit more immune to it recently but it was pretty bad and frequent and  I have an understanding of what you've been going through. 

On 30/08/2024 at 16:33, Golden Paws said:

Hope it goes well Nick and it cures your problem. My daughter was getting tonsillitis about 4 times a year and it was really dragging her down. In frustration, she asked why she was getting it so often and heartless father chipped it that it was because she works in a germ factory (Nursery!)  Luckily she does seem a bit more immune to it recently but it was pretty bad and frequent and  I have an understanding of what you've been going through. 

8 hours ago, B B said:

Fingers crossed for you Nick  🤞

Thanks.

Strange thing is I was never prone to tonsillitis as a child, despite being asthmatic, yet my brother was.

I'm rarely ill, or wasn't until 2020 and Covid, since then any cold or flu and I'm struggling and my right hip joint started to break down.

I keep saying that I didn't know how serious it was or is, and didn't realise such a 'minor' problem could be life threatening; sepsis or blood poisoning from any insect bite with the abscess filling up. Then the unable to breathe if it swells, possibility of breathing in the gunk if it bursts.

I've been on and off antibiotics since April, visits to my doctor, A&E, Urgent Treatment Centre, Ear Nose and Throat clinic at the hospital with a couple of overnight stays.

Out of hospital at 5pm yesterday, and stayed the night at my mother's house so she could Childmind and Sky-sit.

I did have a typical reaction to morphine in the middle of the night, made me physically sick. Had to get up, get downstairs and into the bathroom in a hurry, not fun. Then of course that upset Sky, so after I'd sorted myself out I put her on the lead and took her into the garden so she could pee.

Poor dog, from about midnight until 5am, I was waking up, every hour at least once, so she simply did not know what to do.

Screenshot_20240903_125108_Facebook.jpg

19 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Out of hospital at 5pm yesterday, and stayed the night at my mother's house so she could Childmind and Sky-sit.

I did have a typical reaction to morphine in the middle of the night, made me physically sick. Had to get up, get downstairs and into the bathroom in a hurry, not fun. Then of course that upset Sky, so after I'd sorted myself out I put her on the lead and took her into the garden so she could pee.

Poor dog, from about midnight until 5am, I was waking up, every hour at least once, so she simply did not know what to do.

Here's to a quick recovery for you , Nick .

😃

On 03/09/2024 at 12:57, salokcinnodrog said:

glad you got it sorted though, dogs can be funny with things like that when i had my shoulder surgery i was up a lot at night and ended up sitting downstairs keeping her company as was easier :)

Just had a 2hr walk around the Park Lake.....wooooooow has it changed since last time I was there.

There was 3 lads fishing, 2 didn't come out the Bivvy while u was there, the other lad I was talking too and even helped set up.

It was only his 3rd time there, put him on a few spots and was getting indications after about 30min.

Had a good chat about fishing and found out he only lives up road from me 🤣🤣

On 03/09/2024 at 12:57, salokcinnodrog said:

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I think it's mad the organs the body has but we can live without